Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clarificiation about sinister maps and few other things.  (Read 704 times)

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clarificiation about sinister maps and few other things.
« on: February 24, 2007, 06:20:00 pm »

Hello, can anyone who's knowledgable enough answer my following curiosities?

1)Are Sinister maps the only ones that have bigger invasions from the chasm and river and bigger sieges?

2)Do dyed clothes make dwarves happier?

3)Is it true and tested that maps with 'no trade' for dwarves do not give any imigrants? What about nobles? Are those maps even playable then?

4)If a metalsmith creates an artifact weapon trap component, like for example a 'huge serrated disk', will it deal damage in his hands same as it would do in a trap? Or would it be just an improvised weapon?

5)Do creatures from different cave civilizations, for exampe river and chasm fight with each other if given a chance? Is it possible to imprison two creatures that will fight each other upon release? I do remember a thread where people dicussed arena's...

Rakoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clarificiation about sinister maps and few other things.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 10:21:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Svirfneblim:
<STRONG>5)Do creatures from different cave civilizations, for exampe river and chasm fight with each other if given a chance? Is it possible to imprison two creatures that will fight each other upon release? I do remember a thread where people dicussed arena's...</STRONG>

Don't know if it was a fluke or not, but.  Last goblin/troll invasion I had, a kobold was sneaking about, noticed, and started to run off - Right into a pack of the trolls, who evidently do not like yipping little reptilian dogs.  The poor thing was brutalized pretty quickly.

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 12:44:00 am »

1. I'm not sure that map types have an influence on sieges or ambushes.  They might, but it's not definite.  "Terrifying" maps are supposed to be the worst (most savage & evil), but as a practical matter, any map with elephants is the most dangerous.  Undead ones even more so (evil only).

2. Don't think so.  They never seem to admire what they're wearing, and they just get a standard thought from "acquiring a new possession".

3. As far as I know, it's true.  Without a dwarven caravan, they won't report back to the home civilization, so you're stuck with 7+1 dwarves for the entire game.

4. Don't know.

5. Don't know, but I keep hearing about siegers attacking megabeasts (titans, etc.).

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 04:37:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>Hello, can anyone who's knowledgable enough answer my following curiosities?

1)Are Sinister maps the only ones that have bigger invasions from the chasm and river and bigger sieges?

------------

No, i played on a wilderness map (that surprisingly had NO wildlife to speak of) and enough aggrovation to the chasm dwellers from chasming my refuse got them to send an army of 45+ ratmen all at once.

---------------
2)Do dyed clothes make dwarves happier?

---------------

I never read anything about it making them happier but it might

------------------
3)Is it true and tested that maps with 'no trade' for dwarves do not give any imigrants? What about nobles? Are those maps even playable then?

------------

I believe 'no trade' only means that friendly/neutral civilizations like elves and humans won't come to trade with you but i think immigrants still come. Otherwise there would be no point in playing it at all.
---------------

4)If a metalsmith creates an artifact weapon trap component, like for example a 'huge serrated disk', will it deal damage in his hands same as it would do in a trap? Or would it be just an improvised weapon?
--------------------
It would count as an improvised weapon, all artifacts, regardless if they were intended on being a weapon, are much more potent than even some standard weaponry as i understand. The artifact being a weapon itself only adds to it's potential for harm.
--------
5)Do creatures from different cave civilizations, for exampe river and chasm fight with each other if given a chance? Is it possible to imprison two creatures that will fight each other upon release? I do remember a thread where people dicussed arena's...</STRONG>

--------
Yes they will fight each other, i read another thread in which the DF player made an arena and let loose a goblin thief to fight some chasm monsters and they engaged each other. It was really entertaining actually...
Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 05:03:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>2)Do dyed clothes make dwarves happier?
</STRONG>

They are supposed to if they are dyed their favorite color.

[ February 26, 2007: Message edited by: Slartibartfast ]

But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"