Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Candy Island Adventures  (Read 2887 times)

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
Candy Island Adventures
« on: March 31, 2013, 09:45:08 pm »

While making a new metal I sorta accidentally messed up and didn't replace a name so this happened.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So... PRAISE THE MINERS!!!!!

I wanted to start a thread detailing my fun with candy island fortress. It all started was with my creation with a new metal and using the iron metal raw as a template to work off of. Well I forgot to change one tag and ended up with more candy than a Pinata with xlax. So through this I will tell the story where my fortress is currently going (thanks to my friend for poking me to start it up again since last time my king had gone berserk and nearly killed everyone and no i just killed it and still have the save way before hand).

Also I want to know how to set up my save somewhere to allow other people to play with this save. Note it is 31.25 version. So please if you do know where to put it on just PM me please to keep it from clogging the thread.

And now for something completely different...
Apparently Gypsum plaster became my source for helms and anvils. Note Gypsum is not as hard as iron.

Also its the windows version.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:10:33 am by SquatchHammer »
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
Re: Candy Island Adventures
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 09:45:24 pm »

The story of how it started.

It was a typical start of any migration from the mountainhomes of the dwarven Civilization of *The Creative Tome*. As the miners were just starting to prospect the surrounding area of the island's volcano, they stumbled upon a dwarven dream... more adamant than anyone could dream of. As they were starting to dig in for the eventual invasions of monstrosities to destroy their very dream at hand, a huge migrant wave had started to come from the mountainhomes from the recent rumors of mineral wealth. After a few seasons of digging further into the volcano and starting up the forges to extract all they could from the area, suddenly another migrant wave had hit but there was a odd person. After a couple of days someone noticed it was the king just arrived in disguise to see what is the rumors about adamant as common as rock. Well a few months from that the king is very annoyed from not having a proper place to sleep and not the right amounts of furniture in the rooms he is demanding. So now its at that point where I am continuing the story of *SunkenHatchets*.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 12:28:57 am by SquatchHammer »
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 09:46:08 pm »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 09:59:43 pm »

Must have raws.... please give

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 11:04:28 pm »

Is that three hundred and thirty seven thousand tiles of adamantine? Holy crap.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 12:31:01 pm »

Must have raws.... please give

Um the raws wont help you there. It was a double raw issue that spawned in adamant.

Is that three hundred and thirty seven thousand tiles of adamantine? Holy crap.

Yes. Yes that is.

King of Candy Island.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 03:08:10 pm »

I'd ask for the save, but without a reliable way of de-tileset-ing it, I will refrain.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 03:56:14 pm »

I'd ask for the save, but without a reliable way of de-tileset-ing it, I will refrain.

It completely depends on which tileset is used here. This one looks familiar to me, and I'm 90% certain it requires no additional file changes.

Also PTW :)
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 12:11:57 pm »

It completely depends on which tileset is used here. This one looks familiar to me, and I'm 90% certain it requires no additional file changes.

Also PTW :)

Oh forgot to mention its Phoebus's tile set, so I dont know if I could disable it or not. I just cant stand to have my eyes burned from their sockets with the ASCII tileset.

Note. This is a mistake I had made when I was trying to build my own metal. The metal was going to be tungsten. Well using the Iron raw as a template of how to make my own raw I forgot to change the IRON tag so it replaced iron from all iron ore.

It was my first iteration so I was just curious on how valuable it can get if I put the value where it is, so make sure to train your metal smiths up before you use it. Also I appears to moved Adamant over Orthoclase, and you have generic rock. The GENERIC rock is a rock/clay/metal all at once. So if you ever get traders you will have the opportunity to get Rock Bars. So if you dont care about tilesets or you want to see how fucked up my modding became and how messed up my fortress is (note it was a newbe fort.) then you have to go here http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7527

King of Candy Island.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 12:21:40 pm »

Holy crapballs. PTW.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 12:30:50 pm »

Oh forgot to mention its Phoebus's tile set, so I dont know if I could disable it or not. I just cant stand to have my eyes burned from their sockets with the ASCII tileset.

It would seem that Phoebus is closer to being a graphical set, and uses edited raws. I'm not 100% certain, but that seems to be the case given the category and the link on the wiki.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Tileset_repository#Phoebus

So yeah, Phoebus isn't going away anytime soon.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 01:00:20 pm »

I can't seem to run the save so I can't verify it, but if all he changed in the raws was one metal, it shouldn't be that much of an effort to cut and paste it into the ascii version raws and then replace the save's raws with the result to produce an ascii version of the save, should it?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 01:54:25 pm »

You've horribly mutilated the game. PTW.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 01:57:06 pm »

I can't seem to run the save so I can't verify it, but if all he changed in the raws was one metal, it shouldn't be that much of an effort to cut and paste it into the ascii version raws and then replace the save's raws with the result to produce an ascii version of the save, should it?

I don't know for sure, but if the Phoebus tileset came with its own modified files, then it can be trickier.

...but I'll stop the OT :)

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 12:00:58 am »

I did everything including running it on the vanilla DF and it works for me and it doesn't have the phoebus's tileset with it. I'm running the windows version so that might explain the problem?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:11:09 am by SquatchHammer »

King of Candy Island.
Pages: [1] 2