Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFHack createitem bodypart trouble  (Read 4646 times)

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DFHack createitem bodypart trouble
« on: October 22, 2014, 08:13:39 am »

How would I go about spawning bodyparts (skin to be more precise)? I've tried a few different things:

Code: [Select]
createitem item CREATURE_MAT:COW:SKIN
createitem ITEM CREATURE_MAT:COW:SKIN
createitem SKIN CREATURE_MAT:COW:SKIN
createitem processable CREATURE_MAT:COW:SKIN
createitem NONE CREATURE_MAT:COW:SKIN
createitem BODYPART CREATURE_MAT:COW:SKIN
createitem BP CREATURE_MAT:COW:SKIN
createitem BODY_PART CREATURE_MAT:COW:SKIN

item CREATURE_MAT:COW:SKIN

but they all print the error "You must specify a valid item type to create!"

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Utility:DFHack/createitem#Body_parts suggests that it should be "createitem item CREATURE_MAT:COW:SKIN", but that doesn't work.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack createitem bodypart trouble
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 01:59:21 pm »

"item" should be replaced by an actual item type, not "item". From the Item token page, the correct item type would be CORPSEPIECE, but createitem can't create CORPSEPIECE, CORPSE, or FOOD items (at least one of these is due to a DF bug where attempts to produce them cause DF to crash).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack createitem bodypart trouble
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 02:20:38 pm »

"item" should be replaced by an actual item type, not "item". From the Item token page, the correct item type would be CORPSEPIECE, but createitem can't create CORPSEPIECE, CORPSE, or FOOD items (at least one of these is due to a DF bug where attempts to produce them cause DF to crash).

Alright. Thank you, and sorry about the silly question. :)
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".