Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Stockpile based automation: Auto Trade, Auto Melt & Auto Dump  (Read 29410 times)

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpiles based automation: Auto Trade, Auto Melt & Auto Dump
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 05:46:45 am »

I've just expanded the stockpile automation options to include automelt and autodump (I extended the existing plugin) plugins. They both do what you would expect, similar to autotrade.

To add these extra options, I rejigged the UI layout in the stockpile options menu, so you should also update autotrade and the stocks plugin, or things will be out of place. Best just update all the plugins you use from my pack. To clean things up I also removed the "Mark all items in stoickpile now" option in the autotrade plugin, since you can do that by pressing "i" and "Select All" in the stocks view and mark for trade there.

I've also made the hotkeys for these plugins require the "Shift" key, because I've noticed people talking about seeing this message saying "Marked X items for trade" and wondering what that was about... hopefully this will stop people accidentally turning on any of these options without knowing what they did.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpiles based automation: Auto Trade, Auto Melt & Auto Dump
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 05:48:13 am »

Removing double post
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:52:37 am by falconne »

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpile based automation: Auto Trade, Auto Melt & Auto Dump
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 10:45:55 am »

Omg it is SOOOO awesome!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 03:51:23 pm »

Excellent! I actually spent a while looking for the auto-melt in the previous version of the plugin, and was never fully convinced that it didn't exist.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

molkemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 11:51:04 am »

I've run into issues with the latest versions auto melt feature. If I enable auto melt on a stockpile items get correctly designated to be melted, and start to get melted, but the game will inevitably crash after a few minutes. Disabling auto melt and instead using normal melt designations works without problem. I can upload a save later.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 03:02:51 pm »

A save would be good, thanks.

Botono

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 01:19:04 pm »

I'm using the latest version of these plugins for DFHack r4 (found here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8166) with the Masterwork mod pack and the mark all options in the trading panel have disappeared.  The auto-trade stockpile works perfectly.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 04:10:05 pm »

Thanks, I'll take a look

Bo-Rufus CMVII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 12:25:59 am »

falconne, if you are interested it would be *really* nice to be able to specify an alternate auto-dump or auto-trade that only dumps/trades worn items in the stockpile.  That way you could set up a clothing stockpile, set it to dump/trade worn items, and get a huge amount of your global mess cleaned up automagically.

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2014, 07:31:52 am »

I've run into issues with the latest versions auto melt feature. If I enable auto melt on a stockpile items get correctly designated to be melted, and start to get melted, but the game will inevitably crash after a few minutes. Disabling auto melt and instead using normal melt designations works without problem. I can upload a save later.
Same error here. The save has been uploaded to dffd.

Edit: By the way. Auto-melt doesn't automatically melt masterwork items. Would it be possible to choose wether or not to preserve masterworks?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 05:49:04 am by Fluoman »
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 07:50:55 am »

Just uploaded an update to the r3 plugins... this should fix the crash in automelt.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2014, 08:37:04 am »

Any word on updating automelt / autodump for 40_10?  I see in the newb pack that autotrade is still in there, but automelt is pretty useful! 

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2014, 11:38:21 am »

Any word on updating automelt / autodump for 40_10?  I see in the newb pack that autotrade is still in there, but automelt is pretty useful! 

They would need a bit of work, like autotrade did, to handle the new stockpile menu behavior, but it shouldn't be too hard.  The main issue is that they're not currently in the main DFHack repository, so they would have to be recompiled separately for each new release.

I agree on automelt, but I'm having a hard time coming up with uses for stockpile autodumping that aren't made possible by minecarts.
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2014, 03:34:08 pm »

They would need a bit of work, like autotrade did, to handle the new stockpile menu behavior, but it shouldn't be too hard.  The main issue is that they're not currently in the main DFHack repository, so they would have to be recompiled separately for each new release.

I agree on automelt, but I'm having a hard time coming up with uses for stockpile autodumping that aren't made possible by minecarts.

I agree completely, I don't even care about auto dump, I just figured since they were all together that they were similar or something in their behavior/coding.

Right now I can use DFHack auto-melt to keep melt jobs from suspending or cancelling, but I have to make a stockpile to put the types of metal gear that I know I won't want and then remember to manually 'd-b'm' mass melt designate over them.  Being able to just make that stockpile permanently auto-melt that gear would be such a quality of play improvement. 

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2014, 04:37:05 pm »

Sorry about the lack of updates, I've been busy on some other projects. Will try to get on it soon. I was hoping to wait till the DF updates slowed down.
Pages: 1 [2] 3