Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Stockpile based automation: Auto Trade, Auto Melt & Auto Dump  (Read 29299 times)

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Download Link
Link contains download archive with all my plugins.
Only works on the latest DFHack r3 (see the dfhack thread). Follow the instructions in the readme for installation.

This post describes three plugins, autotrade, automelt and an extended autodump. Together they add 3 options to the query menu of any stockpile that, when set, will periodically mark any item in that stockpile to be flagged for dumping, melting (if appropriate) or moving to the trade depot (if caravans are on the map). The checking happens about every half a day and the options are recorded in the save game so will be persisted.

The trade plugin does respect export mandates. This also means that if a mandated item is inside a container in a tagged stockpile, the entire container will be ignored.

The trade plugin also adds options to the trading screen itself that makes it easier to mark all items for trade in either column.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:49:45 am by falconne »
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AutoTrade plugin: Automate the "Move Goods to Depot" process.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 03:38:27 am »

Sounds brilliant! another time saver :)
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 06:20:02 am »

Yet again you amaze me. Thank you for your work.
"here's 7 inebriated borderline psychotic bastards, go dig out a living space for 200 of them that will be coming soon btw there's also a terrible tentacle monster-panda made out of barf to deal with have fun" -PsychicKid

oggimog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 08:28:36 am »

This is amazing. Exactly what I'm wishing for, every time I trade :D

xxsputzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 08:29:19 am »

Another great plugin.  Now if we could only make the actual marking of good once at the depo not a complete pain in the ass.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 03:45:11 pm »

I forgot to mention that the plugin does respect export mandates. This also means that if a mandated item is inside a container in a tagged stockpile, the entire container will be ignored.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 05:41:35 am »

I've just uploaded an update to this plugin to add "Marl/Unmark All" options to the Trade screen. This will apply to lists filtered by the search function too, so you can search for "steel", then mark all steel items.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 02:17:37 pm »

I suppose the "mark all for trade" option only shows up when you actually have a caravan arriving/at the depot? At least I'm not seeing it?

(got the newest versions of your plugins, apparently my PE LNP r20 is a bit old, but Peridexis Errant's own changelog here on the forums didn't mention a new dfhack version since then, so that should be ok).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:26:18 pm by Snaake »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 03:13:57 pm »

I suppose the "mark all for trade" option only shows up when you actually have a caravan arriving/at the depot? At least I'm not seeing it?

(got the newest versions of your plugins, apparently my PE LNP r20 is a bit old, but Peridexis Errant's own changelog here on the forums didn't mention a new dfhack version since then, so that should be ok).

Well the mark all option is inside the trade screen itself, which you can't get to until a caravan has arrived and unloaded. That's for marking goods for trade/exchange.

The rest of the plugin deals with "marking for hauling to the depot". You can turn this on on any stockpiles regardless of whether there's a caravan or not, but the hauling jobs only get created when a caravan shows up.

And yes, you can drop these on top of any version PE's LNP pack at the moment.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 03:50:33 pm »

Yea, it appeared when the humans rolled around. Was just confused about it not showing up. Thanks for the quick reply though & the great plugins.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 11:54:02 pm »

By happy coincidence, if you get the hours-old r35 of my LNP it includes Falconne's plugins v0.35!  DFhack is still on r3, but some of the extra plugins and scripts update more often, or were even first created after r3 was finalised (including the growth fix). 

I usually update my own main folder every ~2-4 versions, depending on what happened.  A lot of it you can just replicate by reading the changelog, but there have been a few changes since r20...

Oh, and Falconne - did you just SOLVE THE TRADING UI!!!!!   (Yep, just tested.)  Wow. 

Edit: 
Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:52:07 pm by PeridexisErrant »
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 07:30:02 am »

This is a bit off-topic, but anyway:

yea, I realized I was a bit behind, but after doing that separate update of Falconne's plugins I don't really need/want much, if anything, of what was changed. I think I'll just do what I've done before: grab the new version when I stop playing the current fort and start the next one (or if I wander off from DF, when I get back). Part of the reluctance to switch is having to redo not just d_init.txt etc., but also a bunch of (individually minor) raw edits that I've started accumulating (since I'm too paranoid to just overwrite the new version's raws with my current edited ones, since generally speaking that's not always a good idea).

molkemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 05:17:05 pm »

I'm having a VERY VERY weird issue with this. I have been on a fort for quite a long time and have carried around the save (or better said my entire DF folder) back and forth from my GFs place. I've just returned home and now for some reason unknown the "mark for trade" option in the stockpile menu is gone. It's just not there (m does nothing). Select for autotrade is still there (the u option) and the mark/unmark all inside the trade menu aswell, just the mark for trade is missing. I already redownloaded the plugins to make sure, but no luck. Should there be any entry for the m key in dfhack.init? Because I sure can't find any, I'm very puzzled and annoyed by this :/

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 05:27:31 pm »

Probably a bug in the new check I added to make sure the option only shows up when traders are on the map. Can you upload your save somewhere as that will make it easier to debug what's happening.

molkemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 07:47:36 pm »

Ok so here is the save where the problem starts. You will see there is a dwarfen caravan unloading at my depot but it never finnishes (this has never happened before btw, I thought this was a bug a few versions back that has been fixed since). Before they manage to fully unload the message appears that they are leaving. At this moment the "mark for trade" option disappears and never returns. The dwarf caravan hangs around for 1-2 more month til they are fully packed up again and then they head off. There are elfs arriving in spring, they successfully manage to fully unload their goods quite quickly but theres still no option to mark for trade then).

I'm using the expanded lnp r38 on windows atm with taffer 10x10 (should be irrelevant though). The save should work out of the box, I didn't add anything beside the LNP.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hqay0y8mcczl35g
Pages: [1] 2 3