Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I am infamous  (Read 3322 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
I am infamous
« on: April 02, 2013, 10:57:11 am »

My current adventurer is a Swordsmaster Necromancer. He is the enemy of all civilizations. He has over 1100 kills. When bandits attack him, THEY RUN FROM HIM IN TERROR.

The man slunk through the grass toward his quarry. He could see the forms of his fellow bandits and their commander. This would be an easy kill, as there were 8 of them and one adventurer. He was finally close enough to see the person they were stalking. The bandits popped up out of the grass, their leader shouting his challenge. The challenge was short, as their commander was not very experienced. The man looked closer at their target. The target was a young man, carrying a good iron sword and good armor. Where had he seen that face before? Then it dawned upon him. This was no new adventurer. This was Flame Kofibudo Kelkif Sedme. He had no need of companions. He was his own army. As he watched Flame carve through his commander's head like butter, sword flashing in the moonlight, he shouted. "Run everybody, run for your lives! It's Flame!" His fellows, seeing that he was right, turned tail and fled. Flame yelled after the fleeing bandits, saying "Hey! I wasn't done yet!" while wearing a happy smile. "Oh well" thought Flame, "There's always next time".

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
Re: I am infamous
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 01:09:13 pm »

This is what happens when you don't get eaten by wolves/shot by a random crossbowman after first 3 days.
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 01:29:44 pm »

I HAVE BECOME ☼STEEL BOLT☼
ANNIHILATOR OF WORLDS

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 02:07:43 pm »

I try to get a good character going, but I suck at it.

I guess maxing out everything and raiding a civilization doesn't work out when you run off a cliff by accident.
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 03:44:25 pm »

First I traveled across the whole world to get to the tower. My original goal was to become a thrall, then a necromancer. The thrall part didn't work, but by the time I gave up I had trained so much that I was near unstoppable. I blew though the tower, killed the only necromancer, and read some books. I became a necromancer, went beck to my training beach, revived my two sea serpent corpses, and went on being an enemy to all civilization. I don't even use necromancy any more. It's more fun to kill and entire marketplace in one go without receiving a scratch.

My secret: brutally kill several hundred animals. Break all their bones while they are awake. Wait for them to bleed out from being a pile of organ mush.

Jarloth Steellungs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 04:52:12 pm »

Just put all your points in swordsman and hack at people. The only worry you should have is archers and crossbowman.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 08:02:07 pm »

I once had an axedwarf who garnered over 1000 kills, many of them titans and other semi-megabeasts, and sustained only one injury in this entire time when chasing down the last bandit who had slaughtered his party, the leader no less. In a battle lasting less than four turns my dwarf was struck in the left arm, damaging the tendons, but he had enough time to drop his shield, pick up his steel greataxe and cleave the human's head off.

And this was only about half way into his travels.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 10:28:37 pm »

Haha, they never run from me for some reason.  Even after slaughtering entire cities by gouging out their eyes and beating them to death with their own hacked off limbs.  I like to think performing almost all of said kills in sneak mode is the reason... they still don't know who the murderer is.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 07:27:19 am »

lucky...im about to abandon my kobold vampire outsider despite him being stronger than a demigod now and can solo dragons (he started as a peasant) since its so boring that everyone (including bandits) is at peace with him and respect him since he performed many "heroic deeds" and is not a member of any civilization, that anyone might be at odds with (outsider).

some ppl get all the FUN, i wish my adventurer had more =(

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 07:36:25 am »

Then start indiscriminately murdering.

Jarloth Steellungs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 11:02:37 am »

Yes. You want enemies go to a village wipe the entire city and then let the infamy grow!!
Or better idea. Mass an army of companions and wage war on a Fortress. That would spice up your character.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 02:16:40 pm »

Either you die as a hero or live long enough to see you become a villain.

Really, nearly always succesful heroes will become necromancers/vampires or at least start murdering everyone. Guess it's the power that corrupts.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 02:24:54 pm »

Either you die as a hero or live long enough to see you become a villain.

Really, nearly always succesful heroes will become necromancers/vampires or at least start murdering everyone. Guess it's the power that corrupts.
Nah. I think it's just a mistake to call most adventurers heroes. Most of the time they are unhinged, brutal killers with nothing to live for but killing. They take anything with no regards to custom or ownership. They breeze past scenes of devastation that would drive most insane without a glance. They care not for when a companion lies drowning in a river or dies bisected by a rhino, they curse them for being idiotic.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Xaioxaiofan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 08:17:21 pm »

My longest living adventurer is a thralled peasant who I used to see if anybody survived my fortress abandonment. Turns out thralled adventurers have trouble dying, after about 1 hour of holding '.' The 15 necromancers and the former queen had reduced the attack list to only scratching, it was then that I decided to give in to starvation. Rest in peace, Sibrek Lashcontrol who earned the title "the Infamous Evenness of Nets" after taking out 5 vampires, 10 bandit camps, 6 lairs, 4 (sleeping) hamlets and killing the last famous adventurer with his own tongue, Legendary Wrestler, fighter, archer, thrower, swimmer, ambusher and striker.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 09:06:25 pm »

Nah. I think it's just a mistake to call most adventurers heroes. Most of the time they are unhinged, brutal killers with nothing to live for but killing. They take anything with no regards to custom or ownership. They breeze past scenes of devastation that would drive most insane without a glance. They care not for when a companion lies drowning in a river or dies bisected by a rhino, they curse them for being idiotic.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

This is one of the greatest quotes I've seen in a long time. If it weren't so long it would be an amazing signature.
Pages: [1] 2