Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: A new (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]  (Read 4075 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: A new (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2013, 07:04:31 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why, yes!  :P
linky link? (pun not intended)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2013, 11:33:33 am »

Update 6: http://imgur.com/a/tM15F#0

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

!SCIENCE!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:39:29 am by forsaken1111 »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2013, 02:59:13 pm »

Ok, now I REALLY want to know what exact mods you're using!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2013, 03:52:00 pm »

Okay okay. I did say I'd put up a mod list. Not doing links and everything just a list.

I'm using the 1.5.1 versions of all of these.

Spoiler: Mods: (click to show/hide)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2013, 11:37:57 pm »

*gaze down the list*
Oh my, that sure is a lot... I will certainly check them out and possibly install them at some point. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: minecraft forge looks like a modder tool. Is it needed to install any mod at all?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:51:06 pm by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2013, 11:59:32 pm »

*gaze down the list*
Oh my, that sure is a lot... I will certainly check them out and possibly install them at some point. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: minecraft forge looks like a modder tool. Is it needed to install any mod at all?

Say, if you succeed in installing them, might you be inclined to upload the bulk of your folder in a compressed .rar file? The last time I tried following in Forsaken's footsteps when it came to minecraft mods, I got nothing but crashes.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2013, 12:05:39 am »

http://forkk.net/MultiMC4.html is probably the best way to manage lots of mods.

forge is a "jar" mod, which directly modifies the minecraft .jar, overwriting various java classes with its own varients.

It contains the ability to further load mods (including "core" mods, which edit other minecraft classes) without any further modifications.

Typically load order matters for jar/core mods.

From the way the list is printed i'd assume that
Better World Gen 4
Optifine
Treecapitator
Immibis Microblocks
NEI
are core mods, and the rest are just placed in the mods folder.

The reason i linked multimc is that it allows you to create an export of your configs, so that someone else can setup the same world, if they download the files themselves. (some modders don't like their mods to be provided from anywhere but their own website.)
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2013, 06:02:10 am »

*gaze down the list*

Minecraft forge is required for almost ALL of those mods.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1210470

This site is a good resource for getting most mods as it has links to them and some config files. You can't just use every download link though because not everything is updated to 1.5.2, so go through and get the 1.5.1 versions.

Say, if you succeed in installing them, might you be inclined to upload the bulk of your folder in a compressed .rar file? The last time I tried following in Forsaken's footsteps when it came to minecraft mods, I got nothing but crashes.
If you decide to do this, don't link it here. Sharing your minecraft files, modded or not, is against the forum rules and illegal. You can put the mods together and share that if you like. That's bad form if you don't get the modder's permission, but I've done it before and so long as you're not claiming the work or widely distributing it, you should be fine.

http://forkk.net/MultiMC4.html is probably the best way to manage lots of mods.

forge is a "jar" mod, which directly modifies the minecraft .jar, overwriting various java classes with its own varients.

It contains the ability to further load mods (including "core" mods, which edit other minecraft classes) without any further modifications.

Typically load order matters for jar/core mods.

From the way the list is printed i'd assume that
Better World Gen 4
Optifine
Treecapitator
Immibis Microblocks
NEI
are core mods, and the rest are just placed in the mods folder.

The reason i linked multimc is that it allows you to create an export of your configs, so that someone else can setup the same world, if they download the files themselves. (some modders don't like their mods to be provided from anywhere but their own website.)
Yes, I use multimc as well.

Forge (7.7.2.682 is my version), BWG4 and Optifine are all 'jar mods'. Treecapitator/NEI/Microblocks are core mods. Keep in mind that these mods have other 'core' mods that are required but that I didn't include in the list because those cores just support the mod itself and are necessary for it to run.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2013, 03:57:43 pm »

Shit, I downloaded 7.8.0.684, while Thaumcraft require 7.8.0.688... Now minecraft crash at launch and I think I have to re-install the Jar-jar mods. (I tried the latest, 7.8.0.696, but it does not work AT ALL). I will reinstall WG4 and Optifine and tell you how it went. But not today.
Full Sig

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2013, 04:03:39 pm »

Oh man now I really want this modpack. I don't even recognize some of those. Have failed spectacularly to ever install any kind of mod without a modloader thou. :(
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2013, 04:32:34 pm »

It isn't easy getting them all to work. Took me a fair bit of time.

I'll see if I can put together an easy pack this week.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2013, 05:10:27 pm »

okay, it works. Not all of them, but it works again. But OH GOD THE LAG OH GOD WHY
Full Sig

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2013, 05:18:20 pm »

okay, it works. Not all of them, but it works again. But OH GOD THE LAG OH GOD WHY
With nearly 100 mods you need a fairly good computer to run this smoothly. :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2013, 03:10:59 pm »

Oh boy oh boy, just posting as others have to show my appreciation that this is starting back up!
I had no idea about IC2, mystcraft, or minecraft mods in general until seeing your thread.  My gaming group and I installed Techniq and played little else for a couple months, before switching to FTB.  We eventually stopped cold-turkey because we realized we were spending far too much time on it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 2 [3]