Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good Morning, Voicedarch!  (Read 2210 times)

theIndiekid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Good Morning, Voicedarch!
« on: April 21, 2015, 08:31:43 am »

Another community Fortress! In video-form!  :D

Why am I doing this? Simple! It's Fun!

I will record everything that happens, and as usual, create a highlights reel of each year. I will try to stay in character, and hopefully, it won't suck too hard. This is not meant to be a tutorial, although the first episode will explore the concept behind game, as well as some explanations as to what is actually happening on screen. If you guys want, I can upload the two first episodes together, but ep.2 is going to be the story-start.

The story will be told by video, and text and pictures. Those last two are for your convenience, but if you like, I could simply stick with video. How this will work in practice, I have no idea.

I'm using version 0.40.24 Lazy Newb Pack, and the Starfox graphic pack.

In any case, let's frame the story.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

"Alright, you sorry sons of whores uhm, prisoners! The king has granted me and my compatriot here the honour of starting a foray into The Profane Jungle!"

"I need five of you disposable assets eehm, noble explorers, to aid in this noble endeavour. We are to find the reason for this regions corruption and filth, and to root it out with our superior dwarven industry!"

"Which ones of you would like to spend the rest of you miserable life in the slammer, waiting for a hammer, and which ones would like to join us, in exchange for their freedom?"

The Profane Jungle:

XXXXXXXXXXXX

From here it's up to you guys.
I need five names for five other dwarves.
We'll eventually get immigrants, so if you want a particular gender, let me know, and I will accommodate.

Otherwise, please let me know your job preferences and I will do my best to accommodate.
Brewer/cook is already there, as well as a bookkeeper/trader.
So, answer me these three questions!

What... is your name:
What... is your favoured profession:
What... is your gender?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:17:06 am by theIndiekid »
Excellent, I shall plan out the massacring of the populace train my Dwarf Fortress skills.
I bet half of the DF player's first thought upon reading this is 'Where's the difference?'.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
Re: Good Morning, Voicedarch!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 12:45:50 pm »

What... is your name:
What... is your gender?
Maxcat
Minion (Cook will also do)
Don't Care
*falls off bridge.
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Re: Good Morning, Voicedarch!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 12:55:37 pm »

What... is your name:
What... is your gender?

Than402
weaponsmith
don't particularly care either