Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Project Elf Mode: Version 1.06.00 Released! 40.11 Compatible!  (Read 9324 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Project Elf Mode
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2014, 11:03:35 pm »

Before I create more, how does this look?
[PLANT:COPPERWOOD]  //Most of these "mineral woods" are going to be impossible to find.
   [NAME:copperwood tree][NAME_PLURAL:copperwood trees][ADJ:copperwood trees]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
   [BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD:WOOD_TEMPLATE]
      [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:copperwood]
      [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:copperwood]
      [STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:CREAM]
      [PREFIX:NONE]
      [DISPLAY_COLOR:6:4:0]
      [BUILD_COLOR:6:4:0]
      [MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
      [SPEC_HEAT:385]
      [MELTING_POINT:11952]
      [BOILING_POINT:14611][MOLAR_MASS:63546]
      [IMPACT_YIELD:235000]
      [IMPACT_FRACTURE:720000]
      [IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:235]
      [COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:245000]
      [COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:770000]
      [COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:175] 140
      [TENSILE_YIELD:70000]
      [TENSILE_FRACTURE:220000]
      [TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:58] 120
      [TORSION_YIELD:70000]
      [TORSION_FRACTURE:220000]
      [TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:145]
      [SHEAR_YIELD:65000]
      [SHEAR_FRACTURE:200000]
      [SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:245] 48
      [BENDING_YIELD:70000]
      [BENDING_FRACTURE:220000]
      [BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:58]
      [MAX_EDGE:10000]
   [TREE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:WOOD][TREE_TILE:5]
   [TREE_COLOR:7:0:0]
   [DEAD_TREE_COLOR:0:0:0]
   [PREFSTRING:conductive bark]
   [DRY][SAVAGE][GOOD]
   [BIOME:OCEAN]
   [SAPLING]
   [SOLID_DENSITY:2400]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:17:53 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2014, 07:06:20 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You might not want to give it a BIOME, I think that as is this will show up in your shores, like cavern trees do in standing water. Not occurring in nature will also likely make it not available for embark

Other thing I noticed was you didn't make the tree actually metallic, so no melting of captured weapons  8) Nice.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2014, 08:13:35 pm »

By the way, did anyone else see that thread about the elf tileset? I can't seem to find it; it was just called K-something's Elves iirc.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2014, 08:14:42 pm »

By the way, did anyone else see that thread about the elf tileset? I can't seem to find it; it was just called K-something's Elves iirc.

k33n's elves?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2014, 08:20:53 pm »

Yeah that was it.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2014, 09:57:01 pm »

don't elves have the ability to turn any animal into a animal-men or was that a threetoe story?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2014, 11:47:20 pm »

That was a threetoe story and is probably far too complex for me to pull off anyway.
GM of Trespassers V2.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2014, 11:49:29 pm »

It can be done, though it would probably be more tedious than it is difficult.

You would basically have to copy-paste a single syndrome for every animal person, and just change the ID.

Actually preventing the elves from spamming it on every animal they see would probably be the hardest part.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2014, 05:55:00 am »

It can be done, though it would probably be more tedious than it is difficult.

You would basically have to copy-paste a single syndrome for every animal person, and just change the ID.

Actually preventing the elves from spamming it on every animal they see would probably be the hardest part.
Elves have an interaction that allows animal-man transforming interactions with chance for each of those interactions at low probability (1%), each interaction can only target the specific animal (can make it have 2 targets, 1 for each gender), and the base interaction in creature has very long wait period? You could also make base interaction wear off eventually so they occasionally reroll for animal man transformations. They can only use the 2nd stage interactions in the specific animal's presence so would be less common (but still random).

I don't actually recommend this as it's a butt-load of work every way you slice it, but the idea is there.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2014, 10:31:02 am »

On the other hand, an interaction that grants [CAN_LEARN] and [CAN_SPEAK] to animals would be very easy to pull off.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2014, 12:24:15 pm »

If someone wanted to slap that together, then by all means do so, but to be totally honest there's no way I'm putting that much work into something that doesn't have a gameplay effect to speak of.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2014, 09:11:48 pm »

So I'm getting the weapons-grade metals defined using a shortcut. Basically, they get half the density of the metal they're based on, and the other properties come from the tier below, except for copper which has properties that are slightly nerfed from regular copper. I'm thinking that non-weapon metals like zinc will end up being identical to their base metals except for the halved density.

EDIT: Candy will be identical too, I'll consider it balanced by the fact that it's even harder to get in Elf Mode.

edit 2: oh dear armok I just realized how many goddamned reactions this is gonna take, i just copied reaction_smelter.txt and I'm editing all of the reactions to match

may as well get the other metalwoods defined, looks like there's going to be some bonus stuff for this next release

edit  3: How badly has 40.x mangled the tokens? I know there is lots of redefining to do (do the trees need to be properly structured for you to generate logs?) but how bad is it?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:49:42 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2014, 02:14:08 pm »

edit  3: How badly has 40.x mangled the tokens? I know there is lots of redefining to do (do the trees need to be properly structured for you to generate logs?) but how bad is it?

From cutting (I believe the answer to be yes :) ), from reactions you might be able to get away with just defining the materials like the inorganics are (having them as inorganics might also be good for the whole trade safe idea :) ).

For like weapons and other products normally made from bars you might also be able to get away with a material reaction product in the "metal wood" material that points back to the "metal wood" material itself. If it works that would probably save you from having to make separate reactions for say "copper wood sword" and "iron wood sword" etc.

In an of itself I am definitely interested in seeing what you come up with, both for curiosity and for classic industrial espionage >:D.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2014, 07:51:32 pm »

bumping to maintain interest

i've got all of the reactions defined, i was at the lake so didn't get any work done defining the rest of the mats. Once finished, this wood will act just like regular wood, so I recommend lots of stockpile micromanagement and carpenters.

EDIT: I'll also warn you that testing hasn't exactly been extensive, so if it breaks your game lemme know. I also replaced alloys with no appreciable differences (such as sterling silver) with a base metal in the reactions, to save on a little work.

EDIT2: Crap. I missed the reactions for non-alloys entirely since they aren't in reaction_smelter.txt.

EDIT3: Finalizing the next version now. Like I said, I haven't done lots of testing, so lemme know. I'm fixing grazers that are below 50 to that value, basically. This means that some creatures that can be kept alive currently will be easier, yes, but I don't think people are too concerned about changes in the difficulty of making sure animals don't randomly starve to death because they can't eat faster than they get hungry.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:58:52 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2014, 03:27:38 am »

NEW VERSION OUT\

EDIT: Scratch that. I forgot to actually make the infuser building.

EDIT2: Alright, version 1.06.00 compatible with 40.11 is ready.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:59:34 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]