Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DFHack plugin: Autobutcher with GUI / additional zone GUI filters  (Read 44723 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: DFHack plugin: Autobutcher with GUI / additional zone GUI filters
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2013, 03:23:09 am »

I think it would make a lot of sense if you would move this topic to "third party utilities". You can find the button for moving it in the lower left, next to the lock button. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jpcosta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 11:33:26 am »

I wish this gets included in the next DFHack by default, its such a useful plugin!
Thanks for your work!

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 12:13:25 pm »

How feasible would it be to add an another stat to be checked, besides age and gender? Specifically, it would be useful to allow for keeping those animals with the greatest size/fat/muscle, to automate selective breeding. Then, once you have plenty of animals of a species that are "huge, muscular and fat," age would become more of a priority. Granted, even with skinny and weak animals, your fort will be overrun with food, but I figure dwarves would apply their usual high standards to animal breeding.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 02:58:45 am »

I tend to think that this precision is just the price of automation; just like autolabor is easier but less optimised than assigning jobs with Therapist. 

If we can request new features though... I'd love to be able to set targets separately for birds, grazers, and other animals.  I want all the female birds for eggs, no grazers, and some others - at the moment I have to set something, because the 'new' parameter set is applied to everything. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

tenshi99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 07:22:32 am »

is it possible to extend plugin to autotrain animals ?

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2013, 07:20:50 am »

Hello. I didn't abandon this, but like many other DF fans I'm silently waiting for the next update and shifted my focus towards other projects for the time being and currently only visit this forum here every couple weeks or so. So please excuse my late reply.

@Escondia: I don't think DF simulates livestock genetics. So technically it wouldn't make much sense to use your 'best' animals for breeding, but it would be a nice touch for those who care about rich details even if they don't affect gameplay (which definitely is part of DF's appeal). Going for the fattest adults instead of the oldest however could make sense to optimize food industry.

@tenshi99: Autotraining animals would make a nice little plugin on its own. Personally I don't use trained animals that much so I never considered that.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2013, 09:58:21 am »

Hello. I didn't abandon this, but like many other DF fans I'm silently waiting for the next update and shifted my focus towards other projects for the time being and currently only visit this forum here every couple weeks or so. So please excuse my late reply.

Hey, cool, you're back!
Would you mind taking a look at the your version of the zone plugin? Falconne says he can't compile it on mac for some reason, it'd be nice to have autobutcher funcionality in MacNewbie as well.
thx!

Kirkegaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 10:10:29 am »

I have problems with the autobutcher function. I set it to autowatch and it creates a list with the default settings, but when I wish to modify it:
autobucther target fk=10 ... GIGANT_DINGO it sets the new target, but if I run autobucther list then it is back to the standard right away. What am I doing wrong?

I use LNP V15 win7.

Tuumi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2014, 11:58:33 am »

Any idea if this works on 40d (or something similiar as this can be found?)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2014, 12:05:45 pm »

Yes autobutcher is in dfhack, get the starter pack of your platform, go to stocks-animals and press Shift-B to configure.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2014, 02:06:44 pm »

Yes autobutcher is in dfhack, get the starter pack of your platform, go to stocks-animals and press Shift-B to configure.

Fricy is asking about DF version 0.28.181.40d19 from back in 2010.

No, DFHack isn't available for 40d, so this plugin can't be made to work with it.

(What a version number.  Six components.  This is reminiscent of TeX's version numbering, where a digit of pi is added for each bugfix release.  Currently at 3.14159265, BTW.)

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2014, 08:52:21 pm »

No, DFHack isn't available for 40d, so this plugin can't be made to work with it.

Actually, there's a modern DFHack version for 40d made by Quietust.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2014, 06:03:35 am »

Interesting.

I had thought that project was just a quixotic effort by Quietust, but I see fairly active commits from multiple coders.

And there's an autobutcher script in it, and the zone plugin it requires.

It might actually work.  Worth a shot!

Looks like releases are kept here: http://dethware.org/dfhack/download/
Pages: 1 [2]