Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: YOUR Epic Arena stories!  (Read 1227 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
YOUR Epic Arena stories!
« on: April 06, 2013, 03:33:40 pm »

This thread probably goes into a different section - but I don't know which one.
Oh well.

Anyways.
ITT: What generally Fun, badass or otherwise epic stories you had in the Object Testing Arena that are worth sharing?

I spawned a magma crab (after removing that mildly annoying [ARENA_RESTRICTED] tag), whom I killed a dwarf with.
Then I spawned a giant snail, thinking that I could also kill him - after having my very small crabby ass kicked (and the crab being killed while I was "off-body"), I spawned a bronze collosus to fight the giant vermin - I managed to punch the snail's shell out and it flew off in an arc. The giant snail died soon after that.
I commited suicide by jumping into the chasm and spawned a dron ant necromancer (you aren't going to be seeing that happening) and raised the dwarf and giant snail as my followers.

All of sudden, I must've accidently attacked one of them, because they both turned on me and got me killed - after that, the giant snail procedeed to attack the undead dwarf, and turned out victorious.
That was one hell of an undead giant snail, who lost his shell.

He was known as Eshimostar, or Freebury, if you will. (which honestly sounds like a sweet-ass British town name or something like this)
I'm sure he had a different name before that, but I don't really remember it. (despite this being the freshest news possible)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 03:35:16 pm by DarkDXZ »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: YOUR Epic Arena stories!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 06:07:42 pm »

No particularly interesting arena stories from me, but I've seen similar behavior with raising the dead.  I think arena mode must not set up the affiliations for reanimated dead properly.  I was testing out a megabeast with necromantic powers and her minions promptly tore her to bits in the arena.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 09:09:20 pm »

Undead minions work properly if you control the necromancer and raise them yourself, but if you haven't assumed control of the necromancer the minions will attack whoever.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 10:19:44 am »

There was that one time as a demonstration for my friends I modded in an incredibly powerful metal. The thing was, it was incredibly volatile and prone to vaporizing in a cloud of pink smoke.
I would arrange fights with them, seeing units of Titanic proportions fighting until someone or some temperature check ticked and everything exploded. Or sometimes someone would win and walk off, or you would see random bits of armour and weapons vaporizing for no discernible reason.
Even arranged the notorious 3 bunny vs elephant scenario, where I got one of them to try and take the elephant down. He failed.
[It is possible!]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It started off as that. Then I got bored again and one upped it.

Then I got bored and one upped it.

And then I thought up a scenario. Many things were tested, of note was that I discovered in a humanoid against humanoid engagement the force which holds the fortified high ground with artillery will win as long as they maintain supplies.

And I've used it to conduct many and more esoteric scenarios since.

As well as damming the river so that the entire south-east side floods (you have to close the bottomless pits first).

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 11:02:27 am »

I believe it is something with the independent thing overriding everything else, even undead bound to a necromancer's will. The undead match the team of the necromancer, and if the necromancer is independent, the undead become independent, so they start just attacking everything else.
+Signature+
This signature menaces with spikes of boringness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 11:04:26 am »

I believe it is something with the independent thing overriding everything else, even undead bound to a necromancer's will. The undead match the team of the necromancer, and if the necromancer is independent, the undead become independent, so they start just attacking everything else.
Oh yeah I know that. Some of those quotes are old. One of the esoteric experiments was to see just how much you could strip a reanimating being down to its base components. Eventually I got to stacks of [human bone 6] and their like with only one body part coming back to life to fight other singular bones. It used several independent necros standing on pillars.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 10:49:01 pm »

One hundred cats vs. One necromancer dog: kitty hell.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.