Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Blank Plays: Fallen Enchantress  (Read 2946 times)

Blankdoor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blank Plays
Re: Blank Plays: Fallen Enchantress
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 09:37:23 am »

Ohh gosh you have such a fancy pants voice Blank.

I am so tired of somber and half-asleep voices done at a hush... THANK GOODNESS for blank!

Well believe it or not that was recorded when I was tired. I just feel like I always need to put a bit of energy into it. Since well I'm 50% of the content, as its either my voice or gameplay. Still I'm rather flattered by someone saying my voice is fancy pants.

Such a pretty map, mine are always a utter mess...

So are mine to be honest, I think its mainly because I'm playing a smaller map, as my test game and the one I'm recording ended up looking pretty tidy. Thought if you look how the AI spread out, with Yithril's and Resoln's zone of control melding together at points, plus there is a large chunk to the north left unseen which makes me think the rest of the map isn't so great.

~Blank
I'mma Let's Player as well, just a not very popular one: http://www.youtube.com/user/blankdoor

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 10:33:49 am »

Is there any point to even getting the base game then if it is a standalone?

Does the base game add anything to its expansion?

I would say no to both of those questions, rather I think it's an attempt to fix the game. As some aspect of the game were not perfect, and the community either loved or hated Fallen Enchantress it seems. Still I would bill this as an improvement on the base game now I've had a chance to play it. Though it has its own bugs still, hence the Beta status.

~Blank

I'm still exploring it slowly, currently not reading any update notes. I have found a few differences:
- You start with some military (originally, you only start with a hero)
- You do NOT recruit heroes from "the wild". Rather, you collect influence and then get to hire heroes as you hit threshholds. A lot smoother that way
- Events are improved. I had a random event which triggered a duel between my hero, and an NPC hero. When I won, he joined me.
- In combat, nearby friendly units contribute to damage. If the target has your troops next to it, attacks will do more damage and there's a neat animation of all of them attacking. Mobbing is more effective now.
- Balancing stuff. Research is different.
- Hero levelup is improved, and a lot easier to plan now.
- Monster grouping variety is improved

Overall, I'm very happy with Legendary Heroes.

Now, to watch the next installment! And I agree, your voice is amazing :D
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Blankdoor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blank Plays
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 02:55:46 pm »

The war fairs well my friends!

Blank Plays: Fallen Enchantress Episode 5

I have managed to actually make some progress against Yithril, which considering they are genuinly more powerful is always a good thing! So now time for another one of my awesome pictures (I have fun making these by the way):

If I can clear out the enemies surrounding Alkahoud and expand then it will give me another layer of defense again Yithril from the north, with them now only having one city between me and Gilden. I also want to press my advantage against Ahilga, as taking their capital will be a grievous blow as it is usually one of the most developed city a NPC has. This attack will consist of a two phase battle, firstly sending in an army with no hero leader to wipe out any garrisoned troops, then having Iriel attack straight after to defeat the city militia. Still we have managed to make progress, even though we are the underdog, Blank The Impaler is a tactical genius!

~Blank
I'mma Let's Player as well, just a not very popular one: http://www.youtube.com/user/blankdoor

Blankdoor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blank Plays
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 03:43:32 pm »

Watch my friends and be amazed!

Blank Plays: Fallen Enchantress Episode 6

I don't want to spoil what happens so today we have spoiler tags!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hope you enjoy the episode guys!

~Blank
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:46:07 pm by Blankdoor »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 05:06:58 pm »

Yeah, I'm glad you called off that war. Yithril really spiralled out of control... congrats! :D What will you play next? I look forward to it, I've been enjoying your LPs.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Blankdoor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blank Plays
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 06:20:54 pm »

Yeah, I'm glad you called off that war. Yithril really spiralled out of control... congrats! :D What will you play next? I look forward to it, I've been enjoying your LPs.

I'm not really sure, I took today off as I had to mess around with my internet anyway, but I will put something up tomorrow if all goes well. I just need to think what that'd be now.

Still I'm glad you've been enjoying things so far, any more bright ideas about what I should play?

~Blank

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 10:14:40 am »

I'm not really sure, I took today off as I had to mess around with my internet anyway, but I will put something up tomorrow if all goes well. I just need to think what that'd be now.

Still I'm glad you've been enjoying things so far, any more bright ideas about what I should play?

~Blank

Personally, I really enjoyed your Faster Than Light. I think you should do a good, winning* run through it :D

(*The final boss is HARD. Better bring a cloak.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:16:37 am by CognitiveDissonance »
Pages: 1 [2]