Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program - Bay12 Reality Edition 2!  (Read 6384 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program - Bay12 Reality Edition 2!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 05:43:04 am »

PTW

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 06:29:46 am »

Kerbal Engineer isn't mentioned in the mods list, though you do state earlier in the post that we'll use it.

Is all of Kerbin a safe location? It's not easy to land a capsule returning from orbit right back at the space center.

What exactly is the protocol for test launching a rocket? Let it get to 40-50 km and end flight? Cut the engines and crash it into the ocean?
Good catch, engineer will be in as well.

I've never had any troubles landing near the space center personally, but we can call kerbin safe if you really have that much trouble.

Generally your rocket should have a portion intended for landing, so you would launch the test rocket and then cut engines and land with the capsule/parachutes or do a powered landing if you prefer. If you cut the engines and crash it into the ocean, wouldn't that kill the test pilots? These are men, not throw-away test dummies!

Of course if its an unmanned rocket, sure you can let it crash.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 06:49:37 am »

I think you've stuffed half the existing mods into that modpack, personally. Hardly a "stock expanded" set. I mean, Lazor System? Chatterer? Airships?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 07:00:00 am »

I think you've stuffed half the existing mods into that modpack, personally. Hardly a "stock expanded" set. I mean, Lazor System? Chatterer? Airships?
I'm paring down as I go, but this isn't 'half the existing mods' and I'm only intending to use a bit from lazor system as it makes it easier to target things when there are a lot of stuff in orbit. Have you ever tried clicking one of 3-4 ships close to each other on the map? I've already removed chatterer and airships, though what do you have against chatterer? All it does is make background chatter... it has no gameplay impact.

All of the mods I have in here add some capability which is useful and absent in stock, or were requested for me to include such as kethane.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:01:47 am by forsaken1111 »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 07:01:54 am »

And since we'll only gets new parts as they're researched, thats more of a possibility rather than a part overflow.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 07:03:51 am »

And since we'll only gets new parts as they're researched, thats more of a possibility rather than a part overflow.
Exactly. I'm not including any of the colored lazors that do stuff (tractor beam, for example, or magic resource transfer). You might unlock them later on via research or special events. I may add other parts if you do certain things. You won't have ion/nerva engines at start either.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 07:07:34 am »

Anyway, I really suck at KSP (Haven't ven managed to orbit the Mun), so I may join if I feel confident enough, but I'm afraid to wreck the budget.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 07:09:12 am »

What I have against chatterer is exactly that it doesn't have an impact on anything... I mean, it isn't represented in any screenshots, it changes nothing but the ambience of the spaceflight, and I personally prefer it to be quiet (and not having to install a mod just to turn it off for whenever I fly out :P).

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 07:11:50 am »

What I have against chatterer is exactly that it doesn't have an impact on anything... I mean, it isn't represented in any screenshots, it changes nothing but the ambience of the spaceflight, and I personally prefer it to be quiet (and not having to install a mod just to turn it off for whenever I fly out :P).
If you didn't want it, you could just not put the part on your ship. o.o

But as I said, I've removed it. Do you have a problem with any of the other mods?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:13:33 am by forsaken1111 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 07:28:48 am »

Alright. The pack is up in the OP (or will be in a moment) and I've put the master clock in orbit.

Someone asked why a master clock? Sure you can see the age of the save, but its easier to just go to the tracking station and see how long the master clock has been up.

Look for pack link and turn order in a sec.

Spoiler: Master Clock (click to show/hide)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 07:36:06 am »

You seem to be missing the Projects section.

For debris landing around KSP, does it count for the penalties if the debris has a parachute attached? It's extremely inefficient to go sideways enough to safely drop standard solid boosters before they run out.

Under reusable craft you have partly reusable craft requiring 10% per recoverable detached part +$10 per fuel unit, would this rule also cover parts from non-reusable craft that are dropped below 50k?

Fuel costs $10 per unit in your current rules. The stock parts have fuel tanks costing $2-$5 per liquid fuel unit (include the tank). Solid boosters are even cheaper at about $1 per fuel unit (including the parts of the booster that aren't fuel).
Projects section?

For debris landing with parachutes you will incur no penalty. Likewise if the debris drop on KSP or into the ocean, no penalty.

You're asking if you can use dropped boosters from other parts which are recoverable? I suppose that would be fine, with a 10% 'reattachment and reconditioning' fee and paying for any fuel needed.

I'll look at the fuel numbers again today, but for now the $10 stands. Fuel prices may change in future. Consider prefilled parts as being subsidized by the manufacturer as incentive to buy new parts instead of reusing. :P

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 07:36:43 am »

But as I said, I've removed it. Do you have a problem with any of the other mods?
Since I prefer stock setups, or as close to stock as possible... technically yes, but I'm not selfish enough to demand them to be removed. :P

Kethane, etc, I don't like but I know that until the resource system is in place a lot of people will want to have it. Most of the part additions I consider superfluous, but if the parts list filter will allow me to limit the displayed parts to stock, I won't have a problem with them being included. Graphotron... I don't even remember what the thing does, but I doubt it's anything I'd need beyond what Engineer provides.

So, yeah. :P Without the Starport up for me to see what some of those mods even entail (B9, Fustek, CBM, Munox) I've no idea, but I recognize most of the ones I don't really like, and as long as I can opt out of using them, it'll be fine. :)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 07:41:56 am »

Since I prefer stock setups, or as close to stock as possible... technically yes, but I'm not selfish enough to demand them to be removed. :P

Kethane, etc, I don't like but I know that until the resource system is in place a lot of people will want to have it. Most of the part additions I consider superfluous, but if the parts list filter will allow me to limit the displayed parts to stock, I won't have a problem with them being included. Graphotron... I don't even remember what the thing does, but I doubt it's anything I'd need beyond what Engineer provides.

So, yeah. :P Without the Starport up for me to see what some of those mods even entail (B9, Fustek, CBM, Munox) I've no idea, but I recognize most of the ones I don't really like, and as long as I can opt out of using them, it'll be fine. :)
Graphotron is a data computer which stores and graphs data from the science instruments. B9 just adds some parts I liked, its mostly decorative and I can nix it. Fustek adds (2 I think?) station modules. They're habitat modules which look like something from the real ISS. Munox is out, I just forgot to remove. CBM adds docking ports which are various sizes. It makes large craft much more stable than trying to tie them together with tiny docking ports.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 07:46:46 am »

Updated mod list. How's that?

Pack is re-uploading.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 09:33:01 am »

PTW.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4