Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Utopia: Kill, Escape Restart Reboot  (Read 12027 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Utopia: Kill, Escape Restart Reboot
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 06:39:52 am »

Thank you SOOOooooooo much for holding a spot for me, and for notifying me that the game was happening!

I'm quite interested in rejoining this.  I was going to ask if we were restarting where we left off?

But since a lot of other players haven't continued.... I suspect we're not?

Is it ok if I play the same character/personality?  Assuming it is, here's good old Jane again (new players might not have met her yet, and backstory added as requested):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We are restarting from the begining. There will be some differences from the original one (based off dice rolls).
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 04:20:16 pm »

They thought your ideas for the future were crazy, but now that the zombie apocalypse has happened, you are in a perfect place to try them out. You and a few other people met by an office building. You go around and introduce each other.

First off is Clair Jade, the Artist that is really a thief. She is just here because she doesn't like being round zombies on her own. However she's pretty sneaky and good at sewing so the group can probably use those skills. The needle and thread and paintbrushes she brought, not so much. She is also unused to firing guns.

Secondly we have Jason Hathorn the police sniper. He loves knifes and sniper rifles and is focused on any society that is militarized and capable of survival. Fittingly, he's good at firing his sniper rifle and making melee weapons like spears and axes. He has a whittling knife as well as his sniper rifle.

Then there is Moe the alligator wrestler. He dwelled in the swamps, but then left for the city when the zombies came. He loves to wrestle, and can survive well in the swamp. He has a hunting rifle, alligator skin clothes, and the head of an alligator he wrestled to death, and little else.

Dr. Chomsky seems much more sane. A doctor who has an interest in guns, Dr. Chomsky will be a good medic and should be able to repair any damaged guns as well. He brought his medical kit, and a shotgun from his collection.

Haruki Nomaiko looked strange. He had an electronic synthesizer on his back and was wearing a set of samurai armor while holding a book on Samurai Legends. But it turned out he was just an electronic artist who was good at composition and liked samurai legends. He was good at swordplay from that, but was unused to guns.

Then there was Jane Andrews the restaurant manager. Jane was sad that the zombie apocalypse happened but excited by the possibilities it provided. She was good at organizing supplies and fighting with swords but was unused to using guns. She managed to bring along her set of kendo gear (including a sword) and some allan wrenches.

Robert George loved playing zombie video games, so he found it cool when the zombie apocalypse happened. The video games gave him lots of zombie knowledge, but he was also a good mechanic, who still had his repair kit, next to his copy of Undead Terror 2: Escape from Tower City.

You are currently in the foyer of an office building that you have made sure is clear of zombies. You have found some things lying around already but there are probably more in the building.(4) (1,5) One of your group find a friendly-looking person in a nearby office (6,3,2) One of you found a large book on Nazi Germany. (1,1) Another one of you spots another group of survivors in the cafeteria and you don't think they looked friendly (4,2) Another of you found some guy's secret stash of candy. There isn't very much. Now what do you do? There is a grocery store and a movie theater across the street but you'll have to sneak or fight your way past the zombies first if you want to go there.

Spoiler: Group Supplies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 04:57:15 pm »

"I'm going to look for more stuff. Someone should talk to the friendly looking person. Someone else should an eye on the hostile people, in case they try doing anything."

Haruki searches the rooms on the first floor, looking especially for a janitorial/supplies closet.

((Does +1 to composition do anything useful in a zombie apocalypse? I can't think of anything besides making a dubstep song and blasting the zombies with a bass cannon. :P))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 05:07:57 pm »

Look for any medical supplies and guns that might have been kept on-site by workers.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 05:19:45 pm »

"Well... um... I'll look for some more stuff too. I'll look over near the entrance and make sure no zombies seem to notice people are in here."

Look for more useful stuff. While I'm doing that, check to see what the zombies are doing outside. See if they know people are in the building and exactly how many are out there. If there is no way to view the zombies from inside the building then just ignore that.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 05:32:57 pm »

Break up some desks into scrap wood and use them to make some spears and shields.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 08:53:34 pm »

Waiting on Imp, Scapheap, and Alamoes. You have 24 hours to get an action in.
Sigtext

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 01:53:10 am »

hey team!  I'm full time in college and full time in work; best I can do most days of the week is one action each 24 hours.

Oh boy, do I look forward to my chance to make those actions. :D

Jane nods at what Haruki says, watching him closely as he walks out of her sight through a doorway.  She briefly observes Jason and Dr. Chomsky, then moves to stand near Robert while he checks the main entrance, her head turning to alternately scan outside then gaze back into the building, in case anyone is approaching from within.  Anyone watching her might notice that she seems more concerned about what might be behind her, already inside the building, than whatever she sees outside at the moment.

"Glad you're keeping watch," she says to Robert.  "I'm worried about the ground-floor windows too, and aren't there other doors?  This building's going to be something if we can really secure it."

She licks her lips, then asks, "I think there's already some people securing the cafeteria's supplies, but I didn't recognize them and they sure didn't look glad to see me.  Do you know any of them?"
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 10:39:36 am »

Talk to the friendly looking person

"Hi here! Who are you?" Clair purred.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 08:17:07 pm »

Begin to practice with your rifle on zombies out the window.  To clear the street. 

"Guy below me's stealin my colors.  Ah well, I'll take charge of the scouting and scuvanging missions, I've been survivin out in the swamps a looong time.  Alligaters ain't much difrent to the zombies.  Yuh get bit, yuh die of infection.  Only a lut more of em... Have I ever told you of the time..." 

He continues to ramble on and on about stuff while shooting. 

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 08:55:09 pm »

"Woah! Don't go shooting randomly! Gunshots carry a long distance and every single kind of zombie uses sound to help find their victims. We don't wanna go around shooting unless there a big need to. That is unless you want this place to eventually be swarming with dead people. If it turns out there is pretty much a whole horde out there then that swarm will be here now instead of eventually. Please rethink what you're getting ready to do." Robert, using his knowledge of zombies, explains why shooting guns unless needed is a very bad thing.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Utopia: Kill, Escape Restart Reboot Turn 1
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 09:28:46 pm »

Turn 1
(I will bold items picked up or created as well as the time your character's turn shows up)

The 7 of you stand there for a moment, before Haruki says "I'm going to look for more stuff. Someone should talk to the friendly looking person. Someone else should an eye on the hostile people, in case they try doing anything." Robert replies "Well... um... I'll look for some more stuff too. I'll look over near the entrance and make sure no zombies seem to notice people are in here." Jane nods as Haruki starts looking around for stuff specifically a janitor's closet. (4) After exploring a little bit, Haruki finds a janitorial supplies closet that looks like it has some stuff taken away, but not much. Then Moe announces his plans, "Guy below me's stealin my colors.  Ah well, I'll take charge of the scouting and scuvanging missions, I've been survivin out in the swamps a looong time.  Alligaters ain't much difrent to the zombies.  Yuh get bit, yuh die of infection.  Only a lut more of em... Have I ever told you of the time..." Robert is very annoyed at this and tells him "Woah! Don't go shooting randomly! Gunshots carry a long distance and every single kind of zombie uses sound to help find their victims. We don't wanna go around shooting unless there a big need to. That is unless you want this place to eventually be swarming with dead people. If it turns out there is pretty much a whole horde out there then that swarm will be here now instead of eventually. Please rethink what you're getting ready to do."

Meanwhile, Dr. Chomsky searches for weapons and medical supplies. (6) He looks around, and finds that the only guns and medical supplies on this floor are stockpiled near the cafeteria by the hostile survivor group, but are currently unguarded. It’s a pretty big pile. The group in the cafeteria (2) does nothing. Dr. Chomsky hears one mention that they are waiting for two of their scouts report back after checking if it’s safe to move out. A fuming Robert starts looking for supplies. (5,3) Robert finds a box of bandages on the floor by a wall where loose straps are all that remains of a medical kit. It looks like someone got there before him. Then he looks for a view outside the building. (5) The doors in front of the building are glass sliding doors that open when you get near them. But one of your group disabled them so the zombies can’t get in, or you out from there without breaking glass. (1) Speaking of zombies the street outside is covered by them. If they get inside the building it would be very bad for the group. (4) Thankfully they seem to be ignoring the building, but if Moe starts firing they could begin to attack the building. Jane follows him and starts talking, "Glad you're keeping watch," she says to Robert.  "I'm worried about the ground-floor windows too, and aren't there other doors?  This building's going to be something if we can really secure it." She licks her lips, then asks, "I think there's already some people securing the cafeteria's supplies, but I didn't recognize them and they sure didn't look glad to see me.  Do you know any of them?" before glancing behind her for anyone approaching them. (1) Two guys from the cafeteria approach, one armed with a fire ax, the other with a shotgun. “Hey, you are not allowed here. Only the Risen can come here.” The guy with the shotgun points it at Jane, who looks like the larger threat seeing as she has her kendo gear on.

Jason starts smashing up desks. (4) He uses brute force to smash one to pieces. He pulls out his whittling knife and begins to make spears from two of the desk legs. (3+1)(5+1) He makes one sharp wooden stake and uses twine and a sharp metal point to make a sharp spear with another desk leg.

Clair Jade goes to talk to the friendly person who turns out to be a middle-aged women who until recently was probably an office drone. "Hi here! Who are you?" Clair purred. (6) “Thank god you’re here. I thought I was going to die. The people based in the cafeteria came in here and they began to talk about that they were the Risen or something and how the world was falling but they would rise. They killed everyone who was left here but I managed to hide. I saw you guys come in and was so happy. Can your group help me? I can help you guys in return. My name is Clair Stone.” Oh no, Clair Jade thinks, another Clair.

Moe heads up to the second story, pulls open a window, and starts firing at the horde of zombies. (5) He shoots 5 times and is guranteed not to miss (3+1,3+1,3+1,6+1,2+1) 3 zombies get bullets to the chest, 1 is shot in the head and dies, and the last shot misses. (2) The zombies moan but otherwise do nothing, for now.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:01:21 am by Persus13 »
Sigtext

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 09:45:30 pm »

Convince Clair(Jade) to help me steal from the gun stockpile.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 10:06:00 pm »

"I guess I'm not a very good shot anymore."  

"Woah! Don't go shooting randomly! Gunshots carry a long distance and every single kind of zombie uses sound to help find their victims. We don't wanna go around shooting unless there a big need to. That is unless you want this place to eventually be swarming with dead people. If it turns out there is pretty much a whole horde out there then that swarm will be here now instead of eventually. Please rethink what you're getting ready to do." Robert, using his knowledge of zombies, explains why shooting guns unless needed is a very bad thing.

"Hey, young whippersnapper.  I'll say I know enough about alligators to know that zombies are the same.  How do you think I got here anyways?  I waded knee deep in that horde outside.  You know what, you guys are boring.  I'll go join the other group."

Go offer the evil people the Nazi book.  Maybe they're the remnants of some evil club, and they'll be friendly.  Of course you take your gun with you.  And of course it is loaded.  And of course you are willing to shoot them if necessary. 

"Truce! I come bearing gifts."

Stick the alligator head on the gun and stick it through the doorway to see if they fire upon it. 

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 10:07:58 pm »

"I guess I'm not a very good shot anymore."  

"Hey, young whippersnapper.  I'll say I know enough about alligators to know that zombies are the same.  How do you think I got here anyways?  I waded knee deep in that horde outside.  You know what, you guys are boring.  I'll go join the other group."

Go offer the evil people the Nazi book.  Maybe they're the remnants of some evil club, and they'll be friendly.  Of course you take your gun with you.  And of course it is loaded.  And of course you are willing to shoot them if necessary. 

"Truce! I come bearing gifts."

Stick the alligator head on the gun and stick it through the doorway to see if they fire upon it. 

Which evil people? The ones in the cafeteria or the ones menacing superblast and Imp?
Sigtext
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14