Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: !!MODDERS WANTED!! The night of the musical undead  (Read 1485 times)

Slash Harkiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
!!MODDERS WANTED!! The night of the musical undead
« on: April 09, 2013, 12:30:12 am »

After watching a couple of cheesy flicks, i started to feel that those Calavera zombies from the day of the dead festival are pretty freaken sweet, the whole idea of an undead musician seems cool to me, but. alas, this is not dwarfy enough on its own. while a musical skeleton bringing about a peppy beat to the destruction of a goblin horde is a decent idea, i've got a much better one.

Modders, if anyone is interested, i propose a rather interesting proposition.

Proposition 1. new undead

Calavera Zombies are an oddity to the world, born when a person of great musical taste is struck down, rather than stay dead, or even turn into a much more horrid form of monstrocity, the calavera's will to perpetuate its movement re-animates it, and in the process, even strengthens its own song!

But like all things, just because some may seem like a being of revelry and sport, does not make all of them so...

Types of Calavera
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Angry Beards: The game where you shoot dwarves at goblin towers for stealing your beardlings.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: !!MODDERS WANTED!! The night of the musical undead
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 01:19:21 am »

While this is a cool idea a lot of it (such as the state of death or musicality affecting the type of zombie) isn't possible right now. You could make a special creature that functioned that way, but you couldn't get a dwarf's state of death and other things surrounding it to determine what it became if raised.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Slash Harkiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 01:39:36 am »

While this is a cool idea a lot of it (such as the state of death or musicality affecting the type of zombie) isn't possible right now. You could make a special creature that functioned that way, but you couldn't get a dwarf's state of death and other things surrounding it to determine what it became if raised.

point taken. but all that means is a little tweaking about. lets just make it a seperate species then. well.. groups of species. perhaps living bards and musicians that give buffs while most calaveras are detrimental/!!FUN!!. perhaps a calavera that emits a "musical aura" (basically a fog) that literally causes dwarfs ears to explode?
Angry Beards: The game where you shoot dwarves at goblin towers for stealing your beardlings.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 02:36:54 am »

You could make a caste of dwarf that has high musicality and set the interaction so only this caste could be raised. That'd work.

Slash Harkiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 08:57:58 pm »

You could make a caste of dwarf that has high musicality and set the interaction so only this caste could be raised. That'd work.

Thanks, i didn't even think of that.