Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I continue

just keep on going, waiting isn't a problem.
- 1 (16.7%)
I don't care if you continue.
- 0 (0%)
wait until you're more available (summer, probably), then continue.
- 1 (16.7%)
wait until you're more available, then start up a similar RTD with better rules.
- 4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: By the Unwritten book turn 3: FORCE Feed [PLAYERS WANTED]  (Read 8487 times)

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
By the Unwritten book turn 3: FORCE Feed [PLAYERS WANTED]
« on: April 09, 2013, 07:53:58 pm »

By the Unwritten Book:
Laws are made to be edited.

Concrete rules are overrated, so here’s a game where they nearly don’t exist. This will be a simple Arena RTD, until, that is, every single player gets his chance to mess with it! multiple times! That’s right, as the game continues the rules themselves will be changed by the players, I will roll to see what sort of thing the player can change, and then I will do my best to implement their choice into the game while keeping the game fun.  This is extremely experimental and possibly unbalanced, so the rules are open to change. Oh wait, That’s the point!

the few, necessary unchangeable rules:

There will be 8 active players at any given time.

When a person gets the chance to change rules they will roll on the following chart:
Spoiler: RANDOMNESS CHART (click to show/hide)
I am the GM, and as such if the game is getting boring, I can change the rules to make it fun again.

The stat range is -5 to + 5, because that way not specializing in a stat does not mean you will instantly win or lose.

Which rules cannot be changed cannot be changed.

From this point on, everything is up for grabs!

Health is Chunky Salsa (no Hit points)

The original 8 players get a chance to make changes (all power rolls of 1 will be rerolled)

Anybody who kills someone else gets a chance to change the game.

You can use any item or magic power you create on the turn you create it, everyone else must wait a turn.

Character Creation:

Name:
Appearance:
Stats: must be balanced
Strength –
Dexterity –
Endurance –
Intelligence – (used for any magic, might also become useful if battling becomes math based, or some such nonsense.)
Optional: your biography, interests, beliefs, favorite color, anything, but it won’t affect gameplay.

Battling will be done similarly to just about every other RTD: roll + stat modifier vs. roll + stat modifier

The arena is a large circular room with concrete floor, walls, and ceiling, about 200 ft. across and 25ft high, all surfaces are smooth.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:46:50 pm by +!!scientist!!+ »
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: By the Unwritten book
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 07:54:16 pm »

Spoiler: Player list (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wait list (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: rules (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:47:17 pm by +!!scientist!!+ »
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 08:05:47 pm »

So, Roll to Fluxx? In.

Name: MinMaximus
Appearance: This tense gentleman has beady black eyes that are like two onyxes. His luxurious, straight, very short hair is the color of obsidian, and is worn in an uncomplicated style. He has an athletic build. His skin is deeply-tanned. He has hollow cheeks. His wardrobe is mysterious and unconventional, with a mostly gray and black color scheme.
Stats:
Strength – +5
Dexterity – +5
Endurance – +5
Intelligence – +5

You never said that the stats needed to be balanced!
If they do...

Strength +2
Dexterity +4
Endurance -1
Intelligence -5
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 08:18:44 pm »

Sounds cool

Name: John Maynard Keynes
Appearance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nERTFo-Sk
Stats:
Strength: -
Dexterity: -
Endurance: -
Intelligence: +++
Optional: ECONOMICS!
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 08:20:20 pm »

Name: Hobo Joe
Appearance: Scruffy, covered in rags, extremely smelly and dirty, with a large beard.
Stats:
Strength – +0
Dexterity – -4
Endurance – +3
Intelligence – +1

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 08:25:36 pm »

Name: Archmage Joe Bridger
Appearance: Old, long beard, fedora, wraparound shades, pink bathrobe, bunny slippers, walking stick, falconing glove
Stats:
Strength – -5
Dexterity – +2
Endurance – -2
Intelligence – +5
Optional: He's a crazy old guy who happens to also be a powerful mage. He also specializes in falconing, and has a pet falcon named Sasha.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 08:26:17 pm »

Name: Rand
Appearance: Black hoodie with red eyes.
Stats:
Strength -5
Dexterity 0
Endurance 0
Intelligence +5
Optional: He's evil. 'Nuff said.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:29:09 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 09:05:15 pm »

Stats do have to be balanced, I added that to the OP, although it is a rule which can be changed. Sorry, Persus13, you'll have to take some negatives for that high intelligence.

Also, started a player list.

Edit: My last RTD died when I got so sick that even getting up from the couch and going to the computer was a difficult proposition at best. This one won't die, and I plan on making it !!FUN!! at all costs
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:08:43 pm by +!!scientist!!+ »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 09:07:34 pm »

He seems to have a Strength penalty. They're all the rage these days.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 09:09:47 pm »

For some idiotic reason I thought those were blanks, not minuses. you're good, Persus.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 09:35:26 pm »

For some idiotic reason I thought those were blanks, not minuses. you're good, Persus.
I think using colons instead of dashes would have been a better idea as dashes and minuses can be confused.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 09:40:15 pm »

Alright, I know which my character is so here's some Optional.

MinMaximus is not normal. From an early age, he heard gods or spirits, saying things like "Yes! Natural 20!" or "Does a 13 make it?" He managed to create a list of things said and made an entire system around which he bases his actions.
He is almost entirely wrong.
To prove himself, MinMaximus went to a cave infested with monsters...alone. He died, but came back...different. And here he is.
Sig

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 10:46:07 pm »

Name: Easter Bunny
Appearance: He's a guy in a bunny suit who actually thinks he's a bunny.
Stats:
Strength +++++
Dexterity –----
Endurance +++++
Intelligence -----
Optional: His flight to the arena was delayed, so he's a bit late, but he's here to give easter eggs and death to other contestants.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 12:17:45 am »

Name: That One Guy
Appearance: Generic
Stats:
Strength – 0
Dexterity – 0
Endurance – 0
Intelligence – 0

Looks like a lot of people are gonna dump intelligence.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 12:24:45 am »

Name: Blob
Appearance: A blob of flesh on the ground. It appears to be bubbling.
Stats:
STR: -5
END: +5
DEX: -5
INT: +5

MIN ... MAXIMIZATION!!!!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:17:25 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7