Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Incinerated Dwarves... Missing?  (Read 1083 times)

Ozfer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Incinerated Dwarves... Missing?
« on: April 12, 2013, 05:36:42 pm »

A giant lacewing with three wings and an exoskeleton of flax just incinerated one of my dwarves, and there is absolutely no evidence of his passing, leaving him perpetually missing.  I don't want him to come back as a ghost, so I want to memorialize him with a slab, but since no one knows he is dead, he isn't on the engrave list.  How can I fix this?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Incinerated Dwarves... Missing?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 06:29:10 pm »

Missing dwarves should still appear on the engraving list. If they don't then you can try using DFHack's "tweak clearmissing" (I think that's right) to enable them like they should be.

In a worst case scenario he should be labeled as officially dead when his ghost rises, so you could just have a slab on standby to label with his name as soon as the ghost rises.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Ozfer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 06:41:15 pm »

Thanks, I'll probably go with option two.  I also just realized I should have put this in the 'how to play' board.  Sorry.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 01:19:21 pm »

You could also wait a week(ingame week)

Once a dwarf has been missing for a week he becomes engravable. If he's been missing for less, he isn't.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 01:22:12 pm »

Also you can wait until a ghost shows up, because then it'll update them to 'dead' and you should make them an engraved slab anyway, to get rid of the ghost.

I had a few get incinerated by a forgotten beast that breathed fire, and another get magma'd when he digged the wrong square.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 09:26:11 pm »

Besides, ghosts are lovely additions to a fort.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?