Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Path to Knighthood - Turn 0: Calm Before the Storm (Accepting Waitlisters)  (Read 7518 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice try :P, but still none of them have priests at them, all the priests are gathered around Andros praying or have left for some reason. Since its apparently not clear enough for the three of you there (Shoot, you Rolep, and Kashyyk) this is supposed to be a RP session with the man who helped Andros.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Well, what am I supposed to do? "Oh yup that's my friend there on the ground having a seizure, derp. Let's chat about how you're magical and fixed it?"

I don't know. I'm tired. I'd be bad at it. Sorry.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, what am I supposed to do? "Oh yup that's my friend there on the ground having a seizure, derp. Let's chat about how you're magical and fixed it?"

I don't know. I'm tired. I'd be bad at it. Sorry.

You could ask him the obvious thing as in why a normal looking person just shoved his way past a squire and priests, or ask Andros what happened instead of being completely apathetic to the fact that he is writhing in pain, you still feel a small degree of your emotions :| You could also ask the man who is, etc.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How could I tell he was writhing in pain? I might see him on the floor having a fit. I don't know what it is. I'm tired. I can't think about it right now. Shush.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Scowling, Andros stares for a few minutes. Finally, he speaks up, having decided carefully what to say. "Who might you be, then, stranger, to barge past Priests and Squires, and be able to rescue my companion from his...experience?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

Beep. Boop.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Path to Knighthood - Turn 0: Calm Before the Storm (Accepting Waitlisters)
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2013, 05:12:31 pm »

The man looks back at you with a scowl, his eyes filled with a hatred that seems to exude from him and you flinch back away from him without meaning to. As you flinch the man half smiles before turning his attention back to Andros, looking him over once more the man speaks,

"I am many things, I am 'He Who Has Fallen', the 'Knight Without Order', the 'Worshiper of the False Gods', and the last true Knight. Unlike you I see the world without filter, without the meddling of supposed Gods, so unlike you I can fix that which you perceive to be all mighty. Who might you be to demand the name of another so rudely?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I flinch? Isn't the point of my blessing to make it so that...you know. Doesn't happen?))

Andros sets himself, mildly annoyed that this man was able to make him flinch. He was a Squire, after all! He was supposed to be better than that, even if he claimed he was a Knight. "I am Andros Undiske, Squire of the Sun-Bearers, blessed by the Gods and chosen as one who may be worthy to claim the title of Knight. If my companion's vision was given by the gods, and the priests apparently think so, what are you to rebuke them? You claim to be a Knight, but you dress in common clothes, and openly acknowledge your outcast status. How can you presuppose such a title for yourself?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to join the waitlist.
Character Submission:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The man lets out a hearty chuckle at your words, and his half smile turns into a grin as he sits back with his observation apparently finished. He looks over his shoulder and says,

"I never rebuked his visions, I rebuked the fact that the beings you worship are Gods. I don't presuppose anything, a Knight is not someone who wears the clothes of nobles, adheres to every aspect of a corrupted and false society, and holds false power. I am a Knight by the virtue that I chose to become one, I struggled and became the equal, even the better, of many off the Knights of your corrupted Knighthood.

Let me ask you this Undiske, why do you presuppose that the abilities and strength you have gained are a blessing? They are not your power, they are not your skills, but why do you believe them to be something that define you when they are the power of a being greater to you? All you do is bow before something you don't truly understand child and let it change your course of life."

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

zzzzzzzzzzzOWOWOWOWOW

Alexis is rather rudely awakened by certain parts of her body catching up to the past duel. Also, the grass is kind of wet.

"Ack! Ow! Achoo! Wait, did I catch a cold?
Who has ever heard of a Knight charging into battle with a runny nose? That'd be embarassing... Well, I suppose I should go to the chapel. Getting my blessings and all that... might need them. Do they have an anti-cold blessing? A tea would be nice... hah, tea on the battlefield. I'm sure no Knight rode into battle bearing a tea set either. What a waste..."

GOTO Chapel.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Sooo.... Is this dead? Cuz I just got in... :'(
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Of course the gods are gods! What else would they be?" Alistair snapped, frustrated with this man's arrogance and heresy. He wasn't extremely religious, but the gods were the Gods, and disrespecting them was a bad idea, to say the least. "One does not choose to become a Knight. One is chosen after showing your worth to be one. Being the equal, or better of some of the lesser Knights does not make you a Knight. It makes you skilled. And finally, I've been asked that before. Some say it's a curse. Whether or not it is, it's always been with me, my skills have always been with me, and they are things only the Gods could truly do. It defines me because it is part of me, whether or not it is part of something else as well."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sooo.... Is this dead? Cuz I just got in... :'(
It's not dead, I've just been distracted by one of my projects, I'll start working on an update right away :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]