Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: 'Papers, Please' (A Dystopian Document Thriller)  (Read 51352 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: 'Papers, Please' (A Dystopian Document Thriller)
« Reply #405 on: April 02, 2014, 09:54:15 am »

No they still do increase the timespan, do the first day in the demo and then the second. You have nearly twice the time in the second day.

Also the closest thing to your second point is what you get outright told to do early on. There's almost no point in the game where just turning someone away for more time is ever worth it based on nationality. The system in the demo is indeed broken enough that you can just accept or deny everyone and still have a profit though.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 02, 2014, 02:03:52 pm »

The thing is though, you have pretty much the same workload per person almost all the time in papers please. And because the way the penalty system works you're better off getting into the routine than making exceptions anyway.

You can only imagine how terrible the world must be where ANYONE would consider this country preferable.

Given another game the guy made, odds are they're all really not that different from one another. In this case the grass just looks greener in the slightly larger than before country.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Walk to work"
Nuf said.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 02, 2014, 02:18:39 pm »

In my first play through, I was very slow. Not that it prevented citations or anything.

Although, a large number of the citations I got were because I had no idea there was a weight meter there. I think I wised up around the time you catch
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
though.

Now I wonder how many non-scripted terrorists I let in...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 02, 2014, 08:04:11 pm »

I'm surprised how no one has mentioned that the border checkpoint gets attacked almost daily by at least three seperate groups of terrorist and at least a dozen guards have died there. In Artzoska, the oppressive fascist nation where things like this shouldn't happen regularly unless a war is ongoing.mAnd the terrorist acts don't get reported in the news after the first one. And notice how people still keep coming even after the terrorist attacks in full view of the refugees. Jesus, if constant terrorist attacks seems preferable to a refugee's situation, I really don't want to see the other nations.

Also, in Republis Times you are a respected newspaper editor. Killing you would be too high profile and you've already proven yourself excellent at rallying the workers. Really I thought that game could have been better if they did rescue your family but put them into capture for "safety reasons".
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 08:06:30 pm by Fniff »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]