poll
- 0 (0%)
A
- 0 (0%)
B
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 83

Author Topic: You're an Urban Vigilante Cyborg. Heading down below.  (Read 103599 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You're an Urban Vigilante Cyborg. Heading down below.
« on: April 12, 2013, 04:56:37 pm »

It is 5 AM and you sit in a police cell.
Your interrogator sits across from you there face hidden by a mix of cigarette smoke and the glare of a desk lamp.

"Can you speak your name and the date for the record please?"

Player Character
What is your name?
Are you male or female?

"Now your skills in what field was it that enabled you to commit the crime you did?"

pick a perks
a) martial arts training (bonus to hand to hand fighting)
b) metal plates in your body (bonus to toughness)
c) technical skills (lets you make items)
d) athlete (bonus to athletic checks)

"Ok there is just one thing that bugs me why did to you do it?"

reason of your quest for justice.
a) dead family member
b) witnessed sickening a crime
c) badly hurt in a mugging.
d) you just like hurting people. (bonus 15% chance to critically blows)
e) the voices speak to you

"So on the night of December 8th you started your little war on crime just for that? well i guess youd best give us a full confession, so start talking. "

" we have to go back to the start of this all on the the 5th"
"the 5th of December?"
"yes that was the day i started it all..."

this is going to be a basic suggestion game, fill in the blanks above.

it is the 5th December what do you want to do?

Inventory: £4.50 in change,  £750 on your debit card.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 01:31:16 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Urban Vigilante (A Suggestion Game)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 05:03:58 pm »

Jackie Hall
Female

I'm a martial artist who got mugged one day and snapped.

"Yes that was the day i started it all...I went and trained at the local gym. Sure the doctors said to relax, but that just isn't my style."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 05:07:08 pm »

Jackie Hall
Female

I'm a martial artist who got mugged one day and snapped.

"Yes that was the day i started it all...I went and trained at the local gym. Sure the doctors said to relax, but that just isn't my style."

+1
I need to put something interesting here.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 06:05:02 pm »

Gerald Jonson.

I'm a technical engineer. I make things.

Well, to be honest, I...I just like hurting people...

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 06:09:56 pm »

Jackie Hall, Female

Technical Skills (see below)

It was the voices. I heard them. First, they helped me make...something. Not sure what, but it's not something I knew how to make before. They promised more awesome gadgets I could "invent" if I promised to use them to "cleanse the word of evil". I agreed. I decided to start with the streets...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 06:31:50 pm »

Technical Skills
It was the voices. I heard them. First, they helped me make...something. Not sure what, but it's not something I knew how to make before. They promised more awesome gadgets I could "invent" if I promised to use them to "cleanse the word of evil". I agreed. I decided to start with the streets...
+2

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 08:14:36 pm »

Technical Skills
+2

+3 to insane inventor vigilante
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 08:53:48 pm »

so 4 votes for Jackie Hall, Female
and 4 votes for Technical Skills.

You are miss Jackie Hall an unemployed technical graduate.
Life used to be simple and slow, you lived day to day trying to find a job and ducking your flat mates requests for tiding up or cooking.
Then Susan started to talk to you, she showed you things you cant really explain how they work but your sure that they do.
she told you that you could make them and cleanse the word of evil, that you could use them as you wished.

"Hold on a minute your not starting an insanity plea are you?"
"NO susan never told me i had to do anything, all she did was put her offer on the table,
I took it of my own free will."

When you close your eyes you can see 3 plans for items, floating before your minds eye.
You have noticed that the plans kind of fade in and out of focus when you are near different items.

The first appears to be some kind of long bar shaped item maybe a sword of the some kind.
Second is large metallic hand shaped thing.
For the 3th and finale plan you can make out some kind of neck clasp.

"So what happen next?"

What do you want to do?
try to fine the parts to build one of the above? say which one you want to aim for.
go shopping?
try to recruit some one to your war on crime?

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 08:56:36 pm »

... Why do you even ask? The metallic hand thing, of course!
I'm recasting my vote.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 01:25:40 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 09:24:22 pm »

Technical Skills
+2
+3 to insane inventor vigilante
It's not insane if it works!
...Probably.

And yeah, hand. Swords are so 8th century, and neck clasps...don't seem useful at all.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 01:32:00 am »

Make hand for self use. Buy a very cheap apartment as a forward base to hoard and create items. Ask around for any recent crimes and perpatrators and stop them to spread our name around.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 02:04:24 am »

easy decision, neck clasp. hand item and sword item are both probably melee combat items. the clasp will be something less boring and more awesome.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 07:07:49 am »

easy decision, neck clasp. hand item and sword item are both probably melee combat items. the clasp will be something less boring and more awesome.
The sword, duh, but I can think of a wide variety of things a hand could be (hint: the inside would be a great place for buttons), and nothing for the neck clasp.

Besides, a steel fist would make us an okay crimefighter on its own. It's no Batarang, but at least it won't impale our hand when we use it.
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2013, 11:24:55 am »

doesn't the fact that you can't think of anything make you curious?
it's reasonable to assume all 3 items are roughly equal in power. i want to see what the GM has in mind for the item that doesn't have an obvious mechanism to function with. i suspect of the three it has the "wierdest" ability, and that's why i'm voting for it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 01:27:02 pm »

I've recast my vote: Neck clasp.
I recast partly for the sake of argument, and because I am now VERY curious as to what it does.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 83