Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CHAT AND DOWNLOAD  (Read 7734 times)

Zonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
CHAT AND DOWNLOAD
« on: July 07, 2001, 11:24:00 am »

First:
Why there is always nobody in chat?
Also..when will there be a release?

Harlander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CHAT AND DOWNLOAD
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2001, 11:43:00 am »

What time of day do you go into chat?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2001, 12:04:00 pm »

I used to put out releases fairly regularly before my exam study began, and I'll start doing that again.  I'm basically waiting on my new computer, so I can set up an interface and a skeleton of the final graphics system.  I'll definitely put out a release at that time so I can get some feedback.  It's usually a bad idea to put out a timeline for any kind of programming project, but let me see:
Today is July 7
Assuming the online vendors quit giving Alanor headaches, I'll probably see my computer...  July 20th?  (or whenever Alanor says)  I'm taking a trip from August 1st to August 8th, so I'd say the next release will come either just before I leave on July 31st, or sometime in the middle of August.

Of course, the game is hardly complete (you can read the log and plan to see where I am), but at this point it can be fun to mess around with sometimes.

As for the chat room, I'm still having trouble with my internet connection.  Stanford doesn't recognize or has blocked the Bay 12 site for some reason, so I can't get there except through AOL (I'm on AOL now) or from my math office.  For some reason I can't get into the chat room from AOL, and I'm hardly ever in my math office.  As for other people, I suspect the game doesn't really have much of a fan base right now, since it isn't complete and I haven't made any advertisements or releases in quite some time now.

As for the actual game, I've been planning growths and the magical arts skeleton (they're kind of like the fighting styles), and I'll probably knock some things off the to-do list today.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Alanor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2001, 11:19:00 am »

I suspect that when more people are around.. and we feel like we have too many questions to answer.. then we will probibly set up times where we will plan to be in the chat room..
until then.. This is it!
Alanor
Blood Priest of Armok