Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: LCS goes to the Movies! [1.0.2]  (Read 11070 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LCS goes to the Movies! [1.0.2]
« on: April 13, 2013, 08:46:07 am »

The Conservatives have brought out a new weapon in their war on Liberalism: the movies! This new form of media threatens to be the greatest corrupter of all that is good and Liberal, but a cunning crime squad can hijack it to subvert the Conservative menace.

This mod adds the following mechanics:
-Every month a movie is released. This can be either Liberal or Conservative, but without LCS influence, it is more likely to be Conservative.
-The movie will change public opinion on two issues.
-The LCS can attempt to rewrite the script to favour Liberalism.
-The LCS can also attempt to sabotage the movie, or steal its funds.

Download at http://www.mediafire.com/?hxf6stwsyqgvb1c,mafe9v80ypbuawo
Saves are not compatible with vanilla LCS.
There are likely a huge number of bugs that I've missed. If you find any, upload a save and I'll try and fix it.
This was created before the work on National LCS, so it does not have recent features.
Balance is also extremely skewed from regular LCS; Being active in the movie industry is important.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:55:47 am by ed boy »

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
Re: LCS goes to the Movies!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 11:26:27 am »

This game is released under the GNU General Public License, which legally obligates everyone publishing modified versions to also publish the modified source code.

(Legal issues aside, it would be quite problematic for some to play your mod, as you have only released the Windows executable files.)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 11:42:09 am »

This game is released under the GNU General Public License, which legally obligates everyone publishing modified versions to also publish the modified source code.

(Legal issues aside, it would be quite problematic for some to play your mod, as you have only released the Windows executable files.)
Source code has now been uploaded, with link in the OP.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 12:00:53 pm »

So, before I download it, what files do I need to drag where?
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 12:02:14 pm »

So, before I download it, what files do I need to drag where?
Everything is included in the .zip file. Just extract it somewhere and you're good to go.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS goes to the Movies! [1.0.1]
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 12:37:41 pm »

Version 1.0.1 has been released, which fixes a bug with the script tweaking and a bug with the lead/director replacement.

Yannanth

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 12:52:48 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:43:44 pm by Yannanth »

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 01:19:34 pm »

Trying to compile with g++, I get the following error:

Code: [Select]
crimesquad-monthly.o: In function `passmonth(char&, char)':
/home/superuser/LCS movies/src/monthly/monthly.cpp:129: undefined reference to `moviereleased()'
collect2: σφάλμα: η ld επέστρεψε κατάσταση εξόδου 1 [size=10pt](translation - [i]error: the 'ld' permitted exit status 1[/i])[/size]
make[2]: *** [crimesquad] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/superuser/LCS movies/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/superuser/LCS movies'
make: *** [all] Error 2
I'm afraid that I'm going to have to reveal my lack of knowledge when it comes to compiling problems. Do you have the file movies.cpp in LCS movies/src/monthly?

Yannanth

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 01:42:25 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:43:02 pm by Yannanth »

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 02:48:40 pm »

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to reveal my lack of knowledge when it comes to compiling problems. Do you have the file movies.cpp in LCS movies/src/monthly?
Yes, I do.
In that case, I don't know what's going on, I'm afraid. I'm not very good with compiling problems.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 03:02:52 pm »

So, besides the new location and constant movie pop-ups, what else is added? I have't gone on location yet.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 03:06:54 pm »

So, besides the new location and constant movie pop-ups, what else is added? I have't gone on location yet.
Just things to support the movie mechanic. If you don't go to the new location, you might see writer and famous actor creatures pop up every now and then, but that's it.

However, note that the game will be made harder by the movie mechanic, as without LCS influence, the movies will be conservatively aligned.

Yannanth

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 03:20:49 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:42:28 pm by Yannanth »

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2013, 03:39:08 pm »

Yes, I do.
In that case, I don't know what's going on, I'm afraid. I'm not very good with compiling problems.
Welp. I have no C++ experience, but from the output I can tell there is some problem on the 129th line of monthly.cpp. Mayyybe that will help. :)

Just to make it clear, this is the complete source code you uploaded right? Not, say, a patch to standard LCS?
line 129 is when moviereleased() is called, which is function that handles pretty much everything about the movie mechanic. The only new file in the source code is movies.cpp, and that is the only time that something from movies.cpp is called.

I tried redownloading and compiling the source code, and was able to fine, though I did notice that one utility for extracting from the zip file (izarc) was not doing it properly, and instead I had to use another (7zip) to get all the files necessary.

Yannanth

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 04:19:28 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:42:19 pm by Yannanth »
Pages: [1] 2