Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Roll To Villain  (Read 7325 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll To Villain
« on: April 14, 2013, 11:50:11 am »

Job Description: You are a villain, attempting to take over/destroy your average medieval-fantasy world.
'great!' I hear you ask, 'how do I get started?'
Good question! Fill in this!
Spoiler: sign up sheet (click to show/hide)
For Example:
Spoiler: example (click to show/hide)
'sounds fab' you say. 'but how will this work?'
Spoiler: how does this work? (click to show/hide)
'brilliant' you say. 'but how many people can play?'
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
'anything else I need to know?'
Spoiler: other stuff (click to show/hide)

EDIT 1 - WAITLIST!
Scelly9 (pg1)
Innsmothe (pg2)
SuperBlast (pg3)
Pandemonius Ivy (pg3)
Eotyrannus (pg3)
Feldrain (pg3)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 04:51:08 am by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Villain
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 12:07:22 pm »

Nah, forget it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:04:37 pm by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 12:10:53 pm »

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:54:08 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 12:11:12 pm »

Name: Jerome Archibald
Race/Archetype: Lich Necromancer
Background: In life Jerome was fascinated by the mystery of life, devoting much of his time to the study of it. This lead, as it often does, to the art of necromancy. When his habits were discovered, Jerome was ejected from the [College/Guild/Insert flavor-matching name here] and his fiance broke off their engagement. With resentment and knowledge of death it was only a matter of time before he took that final step and ripped his own soul away, storing it in an artifact precious to him. From there, he began raising those he killed with more traditional magic as absolutely obedient servants. Now he seeks nothing less than the destruction of those who spurned him.

At the moment Jerome resides in a remote tower far from major cities. His primary advantage, obviously, is his immunity to death barring the destruction of his phylactery, which is currently quite well hidden. Of course, this is a double-edged sword: if he keeps his phylactery on his person or in his base, anyone who defeats him could destroy it easily. Conversely, keeping it hidden well away from him (as it is now) risks the chance of some random person finding it. Still, so long as it remains safe, he can return from the destruction of his physical body.
Bonuses & Maluses:
+1 Necromancy/Destructive magic
-1 Healing/Divine magic

Source of power: Magic
One weakness: Being reminded of his former fiance. Dem feels.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:10:11 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 12:22:22 pm »

Name: Sinjoro
Race/Archetype: Lich
Background: I wanted to live forever, but I had to do some bad stuff on the way.

Currently, Sinjoro resides in a a dark forest (think Mirkwood), surrounded by creatures bound to his will by magic. His phylactery is small metal ball, and he keeps buried deep under a clearing in the middle of the forest.
Bonuses & Maluses: +1 to spellcasting, -1 to physical actions
And finally: SUPERNATURALS ONLY!
Source of power: Phylactery Magic
One weakness: Destruction of Phylactery
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:55:25 pm by Chink »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 12:53:27 pm »

Reminds me of my first RtD...kinda.

Spoiler: Lynda Kuznetsova (click to show/hide)

How's the power?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 01:00:34 pm »

Name: Hatiz
Race/Archetype: Sloth Demon
Background: As a Demon, Hatiz is all about world destruction. Or domination. He doesn't really care which way. Unfortunately, he might just be the laziest evildoer there is. There's no way he'd ever do that much work himself. Luckily, he doesn't have to! A group of numbskulled cave-dwelling goblins seem to have accepted him as their god-king. Silly goblins. At the very least, the cave is in a pretty good defensible position up in the mountains, and there might even be goodies in the mines!
Bonuses & Maluses: +1 for minions doing menial tasks (AKA anything that wouldn't be too complicated for the standard brainless mook, doesn't include combat), -1 for doing absolutely ANYTHING himself (outside of ordering minions around)
Source of power: Laziness. Hatiz practically sucks it away from anyone near him, which is why he makes such an oddly effective leader. The more minions he has, the stronger he gets!
One weakness: His loafing nature makes him very complacent.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:47:46 pm by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 01:44:39 pm »

Time for some clarifications:
1. By source of power, I refer to the various means of gaining power. For the three above, 'magic' will do fine.
2. Chink: you need to add some more to your background. You know, the base and minions and stuff. I'll just randomly choose if not.
3. GWG - by 'skeletal staff' do you mean a staff of skeletons or just a skeletal (not many) staff.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 01:48:48 pm »

same here

Spoiler: Grigori Teuflish (click to show/hide)
((Yay for first mortal character!))

same here
will post sheet soon.
Will it be inspired by a character in that game?
no, though I guess that's obvious now.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:16:51 pm by +!!scientist!!+ »
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 02:07:31 pm »

3. GWG - by 'skeletal staff' do you mean a staff of skeletons or just a skeletal (not many) staff.
The latter. Not many people want to work under a crazy former woman who pays primarily in room, board, and augments.

same here
will post sheet soon.
Will it be inspired by a character in that game?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 02:15:07 pm »

Name: Korath
Race/Archetype: Demon
Background: The offspring of a Demon and a seduced maiden, Korath was born to be bad. He lives in a network of caves, and commands a small army of goblins.
Bonuses & Maluses: +1 to fighting in the dark, -1 to fighting in bright light.
Source of power: Evil Powers
One weakness: Holy Water
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 03:58:00 am »

TURN 0 - BEGINNINGS

Clair Riven stands in the middle of her swamp 'home', cerimoniously waving a skull-shaped charm before placing it around the neck of one of her orcs. The orcs cheer, before turning, grunting with anticipation, towards an obviously terrified human cowering in the bone cage sitting near the centre of the camp. The first of many to try to search the swamp, and soon to be the first to face her vengeance.

Jerome Archibald surveyed the surroundings from the top of his tower, cackling maniacally from the sheer excitement of it. The news that one of his slaves had delivered earlier, the fact that his soul jar had been hidden away in a place no-one would look, was but the first step on his road to destruction.

Sinjoro the lich sat in his lair, petting a small rabbit, the first of his bonded 'pets'. Many more had swiftly followed, including some of the forest's more dangerous denizens. His time would come, he knew it.

Lynda Kuznetsova stared down from the tallest tower of her castle. She could no longer feel the wind whistling through her hair as she did so. She had no more hair. What might have been described as a grin passed across what was left of her face. This was it. This was the time.

Hatiz snored away, dreaming evil dreams. Quite amazing when you realise that demons aren't supposed to sleep.

Grigori Teuflisch, master thief of the Antari thieves guild, sat in his office in the thieves' headquarters, reading through the final draft of his plans. This WOULD work, he just knew it. And then his predecessors would be proud of him. If they weren't lying in sacks at the bottom of the nearest river, that is.

Scelly, you are the first on the waitlist.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 04:49:44 am »

eat the soul of the human out to increase my own power and order the orcs to set traps around the swamp to catch any humans.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 09:57:25 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 09:25:25 am »

Search magical library for spell tomes, try to remember what spells I know.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 09:44:47 am »

Search for natural caves. If one is found, enslave any creatures that live there and make it the start of my base.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:33:55 pm by Chink »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5