Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Roll To Villain  (Read 7320 times)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Villain
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 02:39:58 pm »

Yawn loudly, mumble something to my loyal priest about sending a few goblins into the mines to hunt for ores and gems. Maybe also send another group to explore the area outside the cave. Go back to sleep.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 04:54:38 pm »

Look at the nearest, small settlement. Recall what I know of it, then send my most charismatic and attractive of my servants to enter town and seduce the town's leader.

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 07:20:50 pm »

Figure out the chain of command for local security, if absolutely necessary, send out 5 of my thugs to kidnap a guard and torture the information out of him.

"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 03:39:24 pm »

DAY 1 - (EDIT) DAMN, I FORGOT THE TITLE

Clair Riven

(6) Good news: soul eaten. Bad news: Clair was a bit too excited about the revenge but and kind of forgot the safety procedures. Yep. Bad.
(6) fortunately, she is able to absorb all of the excess energy, preventing collateral damage. True, she'll never have hair again, and she was sent flying headfirst into a nearby tree and knocked out, but such minor details are trivial. Unless you happen to be a tree hugger.
((-1 penalty to personal actions next turn - massive headache))
Meanwhile, her orcs (1) are set upon by a well-equipped search party of humans whilst trying to lay traps.
(1+1-1v3) two orcs were killed, and another wounded, with the remainder fleeing into the swamps.
(1) The humans follow the fleeing orcs to the camp, cutting down two more of them, including the helpless wounded one.
(5+1-1v3) the remaining orcs, however, rally around their camp, ambushing the pursuing humans, killing two and driving the rest back from whence they came.
-4 orcs

Jerome Archibald
(6) his library, while small, is packed full of books, almost all of them magical. Unfortunately, the vast amounts of magical energy stored occasion place can have some rather..... odd side effects. Like the strange, sticky, black goo coating the floor. Which somehow seems... Alive?
He also mentally goes through his spell repitoire - necromantic spells mostly - he can raise the dead (skeletons, zombies, mummies etc.) as well as being able to soul-bind undead to do his bidding, as well as cast as a few minor attack spells - magic missiles, flying spheres of ice the size of magic missiles, flying spheres of fire the size of magic missiles, flying spheres of acid the size of ma - okay, the ubiquitous 'magic missile' and it's many variants, and some 'party tricks' (small scale levitation (e.g. an apple), having his head 'fall off', that sort of thing.)
+sticky black goo (library)

Sinjoro the Lich
(2) There are, unfortunately, no natural caves to be found. This is in the middle of a forest. Your mind, however, wanders to (2) how terrible the screams were when you ki- NO! BAD CONSCIENCE!

Hatiz

After a few mumbled words, the gobbos get to work, (3+1) digging out another room, as well as finding a cluster of gems. On closer inspection, the gems are (3) slightly precious.
Some more of them scout the area, and (5) Find that the area outside the cave is mostly heavily-wooded foothills, Almost perfect for woodcutting, plant gathering, and hunting. The goblins also find (5) a well-travelled road, which looks like a major trade route, and is just the right distance from your cave for decent merchant terrorising.
+a few semi-precious gems, (in a new section; "loot, equipment and miscallanius gubbins' Okay, you can shorten it if you like. It's your status sheet.)

Lynda Kuznetsova
(1) unfortunately, there appears to be no settlement at all within a decent radius of the castle. Not a single village. That's what you get when you buy a castle 'in the middle of nowhere' without checking a map first.
(?) hey, wait a minute, wasn't there a village there yesterday? Strange... very strange...

Grigori Teuflisch

(4) Fortunately, he knows enough about it from an old job.
(4) the town watch relies on a 'watch captain' and, to a lesser extent, six 'watch lietenants'. The major decisions are made by the captain, although one of the lieutenants probably could take over in a pinch.

Oh, and can you all put your modifiers into your sheets please. I knew I forgot something...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:10:34 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 04:00:00 pm »

Attempt to harvest black goo and craft it into a familiar.

Yeeees, how could I have forgotten this?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 04:06:05 pm »

Try the traps again and wait for the headache to pass
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:54:09 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 04:11:10 pm »

Scapheap - you should have 11 orcs - you had 15 and lost four.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 04:33:42 pm »

Spoiler: Waitlist! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:38:44 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 04:55:05 pm »

Scapheap - you should have 11 orcs - you had 15 and lost four.
and I found 3 behind...edited
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 05:42:39 pm »

Use magic to excavate a cave in one of the darkest parts of the forest.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 06:01:50 pm »

Check the map for the nearest settlement and check to make sure it's there.

If so, send my most charismatic and attractive of my servants to enter town and seduce the town's leader as planned.
If not, check map and repeat.

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 12:04:54 am »

Neat. Have some goblins scout further along the road, maybe they can find a village or ambush a caravan coming through. Prisoners and loot!

Also order the construction of a fancy jewel-encrusted scepter using some of the gems. You can't be an overlord god-king without one.

Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 07:35:15 am »

Scout the sewers with my thieves sewers, see if their is an easy way to get to the watchmen main building or, better yet, the command room itself.

"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 02:08:11 pm »

I'm in a spot of bother with regards to turn length (in time). too long and character actions take too long/are unrealistic (you quickly cast the spell. *next day* the goblins finish mining! what do you want to do now?.)
Too short and minion actions are annoying (you quickly cast the spell. The goblins walk a few metres towards the tool shed. What do you want to do next? You check your pockets and find nothing. The goblins get closer to the tool shed. What do you want to do next?)

Do any of you have any ideas?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 02:58:07 pm »

Well, you could define a turn as X length of time (1 day sounds good); you can then give the villain and minions tasks for the day. Things like complex conditional actions or missions would be handled in sub-turns.

That's about the best balance you'll get.
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5