Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Roll To Villain  (Read 7324 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Villain
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2013, 11:20:19 am »

Wow. "The best-laid plans of mice and men will be completely ruined because the dice hate your guts," am I right?

Wait for the servants to return. Browse my selection of books and read a few I haven't read in a while.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2013, 03:19:27 pm »

Order the bears to continue digging more rooms, then search out in the forest for more large animals. Bind any large ones I find to my will.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2013, 10:58:12 pm »

hmm... well at least now the guard is weakened, lets see what we can do with this.

Use the lull in security to rob the nearest alchemy shop of all its wares, using six of the thugs, stuff it all in one room. The two thieves will set an ambush for any watchmen that do show up. Me, the rented assassin, and 3 remaining thugs will prepare to kill anyone who figured out how to get at us through the sewers.

((They probably didn't, considering nobody followed us through the underground maze or had any idea where to look for an entrance into the guild.))

"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2013, 02:42:23 pm »

DAY 3 - Strange happenings.

Clair Riven:
(6) she instinctively knows the way back to the camp and returns, unknowingly leaving some highly-distinctive and visible tracks in the process!
(2) the Orcs lack many things needed to make weapons, in particular stuff to make the weapons out of, tools to make the weapons, and the expertise needed to make them.
(4) they did, however, loot about four serviceable, if a bit worse-for-ware, swords from some of the dead human search party.
(6) it's quiet. Too quiet.

Jerome Archibald:
(2) it takes him longer than he expected to return to the tower. Evidently you move faster when you're running desperately after a sentient Goo Monster.
(2) unfortunately, his library's collection is rather more focused on 'occult magical grimoires' than 'useful maps'.
(2) And he has absolutely no idea at all about nearby settlements. He didn't pay much attention in geography classes either.

Hatiz:
(3) the gems appear to glow brighter when held for a few minutes, or when held underwater.
(3) the goblins make contact with a lone goblin, wandering.
(1) it immediately turns hostile, drawing a rusted sword;
(6-1V2) but the surprised scout, in a blind panic, somehow knocks the strange goblin unconscious.
(2) before running back to the cave in a fright.

Lynda Kuznetsova:
(2) she finds no interesting-sounding books she hasn't read yet.
(1) the servants do not return, despite strict orders to return by the end of today. Lynda feels uneasy.

Servants missing!

Sinjoro the Lich:
(4) searching through the forest, He finds a vicious, wolf-sized, spider.
(6+1) in an excited effort to bond the creature, Sinjoro puts a bit too much magical energy into it. There is a sound suspiciously like an arachnid brain overcooking, and the spider falls down dead. Shame.
(5) on his way back, Sinjoro spots a rare and dangerous Dread Bat!
(1+1) nothing happens as Sinjoro attempts to bond it. He does feel very worn-out after his large expenditures of magic, so maybe that's the cause?
(6) an incandescent ball of flame suddenly smashes into the bat from somewhere in the undergrowth!
(3) Sinjoro beats a hasty retreat, the sounds of the screaming bad resounding in his ears.
(1) meanwhile, the bears seem to have collapsed one of the sub-rooms with their hasty digging, with two of them crushed under the rubble.

Two Bears and a room buried!

Grigori Teuflisch:
(1) the alchemist was evidently expecting this, and half a dozen watchmen step out from the store's back room as the thugs try to rob the place.
(6V6) a massive brawl breaks out in the middle of the shop as watchman grapples thug.
As the thieves hit the scene, two thugs hare out from the shop, swiftly followed by the same number of watchmen.
(2+1V4) the watchmen manage to take out one of the thugs, although one of them is hurt in the process by a knife.
(5) amazingly, three people detach themselves from the crowd, and begin attacking the watchmen!
(6+1+1V5) the watchmen are swiftly dealt with, though one gives a thief an impressive scar.
(4) one is only knocked unconscious, and dragged back to the base by the thieves and thugs.
(4) one of the new arrivals walks off, but the others offer their services to the guild.
(2) someone must have worked it out, or the watch were just patrolling the sewer.
(1+1+1) they somehow spot Grigori and the assassin sneaking up on them.
(6+2V6) the patrol is killed, although a savage kick breaks one of Grigori's ribs in the process.

Four thugs did not leave store!
Two people offer to join as thugs!
Watchman taken prisoner!
Grigori injured - -1 to actions until he heals (the malus will give -1 to recovering from it.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2013, 10:34:54 pm »

This is bad.

I can't just sit here, but I can't exactly go alone either.

Alright, here's an idea. Firstly, I need to catch an animal of some kind and transform it into something more suitable for being a minion. After that, if I have time today, I'll check my combat enchantments and redo any in need of being done in case something comes up...

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2013, 10:41:38 pm »

Have the remaining bears try to unbury the two rooms, while resting to restore magic.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:29:37 pm by Chink »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2013, 11:31:48 pm »

♩Scry, scry, scry for nearby settlements♫

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2013, 12:29:44 am »

What a bother.

Have our goblin experiment-ee continue his efforts, especially underwater. If he can avoid drowning, maybe we can weaponize it!

Send another search party out for more potential recruits - willing or otherwise. If there was one around, there'll surely be others.

Have most of the others head into the forest to gather materials for constructing bows and arrows. Can't take over the world bare-handed.

Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2013, 03:12:49 am »

Start researching magic(illusions) and the orcs should build a wall around the base(using wood)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2013, 01:43:31 pm »

BUMP for !!scientist!!
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2013, 02:53:32 pm »

Recover and defend.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:34:46 pm by +!!scientist!!+ »
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2013, 02:49:20 pm »

DAY 4 - sorry for the delay.

Lynda Kuznetsova:

(2) Unfortunately, she fails to find any suitable animals after a few hours of searching, and gives up.
(4) She recalls that she has several useful defensive enchantments that should make life very difficult for anyone intending to do her bodily harm.
(2) over the course of the day, there is still no sign of the missing servants. Shoot.

Sinjoro the Lich:

(5) the bears swiftly dig out the rooms throughout the course of the day, a lot more carefully this time.
(3) a rest seems to do some good, and Sinjoro feels a small increase in his magical reserves, though not as much as he'd hoped.

Rooms re-dug out!

Jerome Archibald:

(1) something... Strange ... Happens in Jerome's attempt to scry. It's almost as if someone's ... watching him. Like... It's working the wrong way round
(2) he has no idea what could have happened.

Hatiz:

(6) the goblin dips them into the river. Flowing water, it seems, has a great effect on them. They glow up to such an intensity that they blind anyone nearby. In this case, the goblin, who promptly falls in.
(1) both he and the gems are washed away to god-knows-where.
(3) the search party, again, finds a solitary, wandering, goblin.
(6) who is almost dead. Your search party bring him back and save his life. He promptly declares a life debt to Hatiz's priest, who was leading the search party.
(2+1) there is plenty of wood lying about, but they don't know about what could be used for the strings.

One gobbo washed down river with gems!
Extra goblin acquired via indirect life debt!

Clair Riven:

(4) Clair finds a book on illusionism among the various magical trappings, odd-ends, and nick-nacks in her hut.
(1) It promptly turns into a bird and flys off. That's illusionism for you.
(6) the orcs get a bit... Excited building the wall, and forget one important thing: a gate. Oops.

Wall built!

Grigori Teuflisch:

(5) fortunately, it must have just been a one-off patrol, as there is a distinct lack of angry watch men trying to storm the safehouse or the sewers.
(2-1) however, Grigori's injury seems to be getting worse, rather than better. Which isn't good.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2013, 02:55:27 pm »

if my wounds continue to get worse, send some of my thugs to go and kidnap a doctor and tell him he can either heal me or die. Also, have thieves torture info out of watchman.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2013, 03:58:42 pm »

Man, everyone has such luck except me.

-----

I can't just jump into this alone...but my servants--minions--whatever--won't last much longer on their own...

Prepare for an expedition and try to guess where my servants could be.
Sig

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2013, 06:22:10 pm »

Modify my dread bat to make stronger, faster, and more dangerous, so it may serve as my steed.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5