Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Accelerated CivMWForge (Mod) v6.2.2  (Read 8398 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Accelerated CivMWForge (Mod) v6.2.2
« on: April 15, 2013, 12:54:17 am »

v6.2.2. is up!
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8110

v5.0 is up!

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7596

Based on my favorite first mod ever played (Civilization Forge!)

CHANGELOG

v5.3.8 Fixed various incorrect creature_mat:animal:whatever to local_creature_mat:whatever, to include: eye, wax, ink, royal_jelly, mead, etc... (got the idea from the chitin)
    v5.3.7 Fixed animal chitin to just show chitin by creating a new creature_insect_accelerated.txt. My first attempt to fix it brought all the names of the creatures that it was pulled from.
    v5.3.6 Fixed animal skin entries, it was due to creature_mat:animal:chitin in the chitin_template pointing to nothing
    v5.3.5 Reverted Tanned_chitin back to local_creature_mat (animal doesn't have a tanned_chitin)
    v5.3.4 Changed A LOT of local_creature_mat's to creature_mat:animal for added creatures (Accelerated Mod's optimization) in hopes of finding the animal skin culprit...
    v5.3.3 Added some new creature entries and tissue entries to support animal_rare, animal_exotic, animal_lamellar, hopefully to alleviate any innapropriate animal skin items?
    v5.3.2 Hopefully fixed some weird armor types from being produced by deleting *.txt.bak files from the objects folder (backups of files apparently).
    v5.3.1 Fixed a typo on wool for [items_hard]
    v5.3 (Modest Bodies!) (All I have to say is: BEWARE THE BRASS COLOSSUS)
    - Added in Modest Bodies (after figuring out the missing/deleted humanoid_joint entry (w/no one's help))!
    - Hopefully fixed ridiculous coif's existing. I added armorlevel:2 to coif's so it's understood there made out of chain material metals? Thx Hugo_the_Dwarf
    - Re added [items_hard] to wool since the coif thing has been fixed.
    v5.2
    - Modest Mod has been implemented!
        I didn't change any graphic changes (I'm not sure if that would mess up accelerated mod's settings.
        I didn't comment any exotic mounts.
        Lots of grazing changes! Animals shouldn't eat so much grass now!
    v5.1 (GREATLY SIMPLIFIED STONE!, thx goes to Mephansteras) NO MORE ERRORLOG.TXT ENTRIES!
    I added back in (all remapped to whatever was found in civforge before)
        kimberlite
        Microcline, needed for crystal_frost
        orthoclase (had since the beginning)
    Removed
        colored marble's
        gems
            amazonite
            gemstone_jet
            nightfire
        stone_mineral
            nivocite
            verdenite
            nightstone
            lepidolite
            zinnwaldite
            muscovite
            PHLOGOPHITE
            CHALCANTHITE
    Kept & Reasons
        Reaction Gems
            CRYSTAL_FROST
            FIREHEART
            CRYSTAL_STORM
            CRYSTAL_WARD
            CRYSTAL_FLARE
            CRYSTAL_ROCK
        Reaction Stones
            TRUESILVER
            LEVITITE
            ILMENITE
            SALTPETER
            CINNABAR
            COBALTITE
            STIBNITE
            MELANTERITE
            CHALCANTHITE
        stone weapons
            flint as it appears in sedimentary layers
            bladestone as it appears in all stones
            obsidian (vanilla, found far below
        aluminum (*ALUNITE (removed as of accelerated)
            shale_alum
            bauxite
        salt
            rock_salt_deposit
            rock_salt
        magnesium (*TALC (removed as of accelerated & found inside dolomite)
            dolomite
            olivine
    v5.0.7
    - Re-added leggings to all the relevant entities
    v5.0.6 WHOOPS...
    - I deleted pants... should have never have done that... No wonder my dwarf's were getting pissed!
    - More integrated Javelin support (pulled from v3.0.5, I'm glad I saved those prior posts)
    - Removed reference to zombie/skeleton graphics to prevent errorlog entries.
    v5.0.5 (GRAPHICS!)
    - Javelin entity entries added for humans and sand raiders.
    - Figured out how to import graphics, might not be perfect yet, but everyone's got something in there now.
    v5.0.4
    - Removed [items_hard] from wool template
    - Re-added permitted reactions for my mountain entities (the wood saving stuff).
    - You can just extract the raw's over your save raw's and maintain saves.
    v5.0.3
    - Removed these currently unsupported transformations (to prevent the game from crashing, thanks Meph!)
        Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: OGRE_KOBOLD_ARMORED:MALE
        Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: OGRE_KOBOLD_ARMORED:FEMALE
        Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: DWARF:NECRO_MALE
        Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: UNNAMED_ONE:MALE
        Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: DWARF:NECROFIGHTER_MALE
    v5.0.2
    - Removed some trailing ] that I thought were the result of a bug, but honestly, was due to not enough armor items... which has been remedied. There needs to be at least 3 items for coverage for a specific item (if it's tagged with :common, which is 75% coverage)
    v5.0.1
    - Standardized trees...

TODO
        Graphics
            MINOR: include modest mod tile changes (probably have no affect in graphic mode, but since I didn't use it as a base... err, I had to re-incorporate the changes and shortened the process by eliminating these)
            MINOR: fix icons for various creatures
            MINOR: Graphics: I'd like to update the Xelic's and Drow, as they don't seem to match, but I got the Orcs and Warlocks looking correct!
            - Lots of duplicate graphic entries
        INCORPORATE MODEST MOD CHANGES (I thought they were already in here, but doing a winmerge w vanilla, I see they are not
        simplify stone a little bit
        implement modest bodies after I figure out how to get it to stop throwing joint errors
        MINOR/MAJOR: simplify metals?
        MINOR/MAJOR: simplify gems using simplegeology mod
        MAJOR: 6 armed xelic's, 8 armed xelic's, 8 legged, 8 armed xelic's?
        MAJOR: create some creatures
        MAJOR: import Putnam's fire wand
        MINOR: possibly remove mattock (do I really need a mattock, battle-pick, and pick?)
        MINOR: remove evil armor, replace with standard armor types
        MINOR/MAJOR: reduce cold hammering so the crucible cant be bypassed
        MINOR/MAJOR: use mod manager to check differences in inorganic material's between accelerated and this mod (I know, I'm not actually going to use it other than as a reference for what's been deleted between accelerated mod/vanilla vs what I have deleted in this version)

What is different than prior version

THIS IS CIVILIZATION FORGE through and through. You get ALL the buildings, ALL the custom reactions, all armor, creatures, stone, etc.
    the crucible should work to make iron, but the old reaction to cold_hammer it (from my prior mod) is still in there. One could easily import this mod into mod manager, and disable all my cold hammering if they didn't like that.
    added in leather gloves (as stated to be done in old version.
    added in orthoclase, peat, loam, used civforge inorganic_stone_layer vs accelerated to avoid evaporating stone :)
    v4.0 didn't have the mwmod tissue and body plans, I re-incorporated them doing a comparison with civforge (civforge didn't edit these too much, but I preserved the changes it brought to the table)

You will STILL have ALL these civ's fighting against you.

Civilization Forge
        Sand Raiders (some bad-ass creatures)
        Xelics (these are some truly bad-ass creatures)
        Dinausari's
        Goblins have been swapped with civforge gobbo's now
        Kobolds that wear a little armor
        Frost Giants
        Hobgoblins
    Masterwork
        Warlocks (yes, those bad-ass bad guys from Masterwork are in here)
        Orcs
        Raptors
        Drow
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 12:26:27 am by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Accelerated CivMWForge (Mod)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 08:18:49 am »

v4.0

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7588

bugged

lots of duplicates... ughhh... darn u to heck mod manager

fixed
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 01:07:22 pm by thistleknot »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 02:28:59 pm »

I'll take a look at this over the weekend.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 08:52:54 am »

seems to be working now, v4.2
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7588

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 11:55:42 am »

I don't know stone types all that well, I asked Mephansteras, but if someone else has the answer sooner, I'd appreciate it.

I'm trying to truncate the amount of stone that civforge brings to the table, I did a comparison pulling the name of the stones from the stones screen

well, I had a spreadsheet showing differences, but it failed... here's a direct comparison of what I found in the stones screens...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
that doesn't quite remove EVERYTHING that civforge brings to the table, but if I knock this out, then I can focus on other non stone type inorganic material's.

UPDATE:
I did my hw, and the added stones are these

non other

bladestone
flint
ilmenite
levitite
truesilver

other

edit: derp

alum shale
chalcanthite
cinnabar
cobaltite
lepidolite
melanterite
muscovite
nightstone
phlogophite
saltpeter
stibnite
verdenite
zinnwaldite

now my question is, do any of these already match any that are accelerated mod reduced stones?  or are they still unique enough to keep
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:54:27 pm by thistleknot »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 12:34:54 pm »

That list should be good as far as removing dups goes.

I do notice that you don't have any of the Alchemy stones in there. Is your mix not including Alchemy?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 12:44:39 pm »

not dups, but redundant. accelerated mod reduced the amount of redundant stones). these r only the stones that show up in the stones screen.  ive had issues w mod manager not copying some files over (warlocks specifically).... do alchemist stones show in the stones menu? (ie z screen).  maybe alchemist stones r in the game or maybe they arent. but i believe they r or my errorlog would have cried
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:59:43 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 01:40:16 am »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Accelerated CivMWForge (Mod) v5.0
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 04:27:45 am »

Ran this with default settings after unpacking it. Errorlog pops up the following errors. You might want to get rid of those manually.

E: Also add replacements for some of the materials like AMAZONITE and FIREHEART. As it is right now, it attempts to put them in non-existent rock and since they don't exist, the inorganics can't appear in the rock too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:30:56 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 07:53:31 am »

im on the fence of what to do w those stone.  they were accelerated mod removed. so i dont know if i should just comment them out or find a good replacement.

since the error occurs at worldgen i knew it wasnt going to crash

the other syndrome errors... im not sure how i want to go about those as they involve dwarf transmutations. i judt figured theyd do nothing since there was no matching info for them to transmutate into

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 08:00:28 am »

You can simply remove the environment specs to get rid of the error log, but the inorganic things wont cause any ill effect.

The missing creatures for the transformation will crash the game however, if a dwarf gets affected by the boiling stone and tries to transform him.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 08:15:44 am »

thx for the heads up, will remove now

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 10:01:34 pm »

btw, i'm on v 5.0.5 now, has graphics support!

I'd like to say thank you to Meph, I really appreciate the accelerated feature you brought to the table and generasizing for us.  Now we can carry that forward into any mod :)  My game is running at 210 calculations per second, I was doing 300, but they ran across too fast!

Update:
v 5.0.7 now after realizing my mistake on leggings... I'm glad I got the update in for the core files :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:27:38 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 08:33:21 am »

spoke with a fan of the mod on reducing stone, putting here for reference

from IAlmostDied (via reddit conversation)
The only thing Cobaltite is really good for is stone fall traps and catapult ammunition. In masterwork, it got changed to an iron grade ore because meph felt it was useless, but in reality cobalt and nickel don't hold a very good edge, they're fairly soft. I don't think anyone would miss it if you removed it, because it increases the veins of more useful metals.

If the masterwork metals are getting added in, you can probably take out the hammered metals from civ forge like wrought iron. (pretty sure you said you were already planning that)

OriginalThought

{

I noticed in arena mode that warlocks still drop random loot including things like "bag of drow loot" that needs to be processed though a building, but the other enemies from civforge don't do that.

several options there, you can make everything drop stuff like that (don't recommend, that's a lot of work)

you can trim those items and buildings (less work, still intensive when you think about possible bugs that may spring up from this)

or you can leave them in.

}

I'm guessing you can probably remove bladestone and flint, and just pass the weapon knapping stuff on to obsidian, if you want to leave it in at all.

Probably don't need 5 kinds of marble.

The mithril in civ forge and the mithril in masterwork, which one do you want more? I'm not sure yet myself.

Gonna play some fortress mode and look at how everything sticks together, then I'll get back to you with more thoughts.

I'm not sure if I should remove cobaltite
I found this while searching for it

[INORGANIC:MIDNIGHT_ELIXIR]   
-- Midnight Elixir is created from the frothing process to separate out
--   Cobaltite to stone and metals

and this

[REACTION:MAKE_MIDNIGHT_ELIXIR]
   [NAME:extract midnight elixir]
   [BUILDING:POOL_FROTHING:CUSTOM_M]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BLOCKS:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:COBALTITE]

What building builds stone weapons (I know, it looks bad when I don't know the inner working of this mod, but that's why I preserved everything, I want to be very cautious about removing things)?  I want to follow the trail of what happens if I removed flint and bladestone
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:44:08 am by thistleknot »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 12:21:52 pm »

Don't both of the mods you're merging have buildings that make stone weapons?

If we knew whether you were asking about MDF or Civforge, players of either might point you in the right direction, but when it comes to your mixmod I don't see how anyone else is in a better position to know this than you are. 

I can only suggest tracking it down with

> grep MIDNIGHT_ELIXIR *.txt

or whatever the equivalent is in your favorite text editor
Pages: [1] 2 3