Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Skyward Collapse - Play a distant god starting May 23rd  (Read 16964 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Skyward Collapse - Play a distant god starting May 23rd
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 11:16:58 am »

The sprites are....ugh. I'm ok with no animations but they're HUGE. They just look kind of out of place next to the rest of the map space.

I'm honestly a little surprised this is coming out so soon. I'd have figured another couple of months.

I might hold off on this, as this is the first real look I've gotten at the game. Mechanically it sounds really neat, but aesthetically it is not doing it for me. What started looking like a charming isometric God game now looks more like a digitized board game. I'll wait for peeps to tell me whether it's amazing or not.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 11:18:21 am »

I think it's just the beta from what I can read on the forums
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

LuckyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Mr. Squiffy || AKA LuminiferousPen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 02:58:09 pm »

Okay, idiot coming through here, but I'm not spying any download links for this, and it sounds like some people have got a hold of a copy. Is there something I'm missing?
Steam page!

Also know as 'Mr. Squiffy'
On Reddit as LuminiferousPen!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

THe game will be coming out on the 23rd

Also people who have it now will be alpha testers :P

Also nenjin the game will be $5 so I plan on buying it for that price even not knowing how good it will be

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 03:17:11 pm »

Okay, idiot coming through here, but I'm not spying any download links for this, and it sounds like some people have got a hold of a copy. Is there something I'm missing?
Alpha testing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 03:32:53 pm »

At $5 it's hard to say no. I guess I just don't want to suffer some crushing "Looked like Populous but really isn't" disappointment.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 01:51:30 pm »

Release imminent, on either direct, steam, etc.

Quote from vg24/7 on it:
it’s “sort of like playing chess against yourself, only you’re always a total bastard”.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 02:25:16 pm »

Huh, this sounds rather promising. I'll have to check back and see what people think when I get back from camping next week.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 02:29:22 pm »

At $5 it's hard to say no. I guess I just don't want to suffer some crushing "Looked like Populous but really isn't" disappointment.

I'm really, really curious about this game and $5 is hard to say no to.
That said, this doesn't make me think of populous... it makes me think of... ahh... there was a really old strategy game, with a dark sci-fi theme, where you built in sky islands. You had a sky priest, with special elements, and would seek out and sacrifice enemy priests. Maybe somebody remembers the name...

So, this looks like that game plus early Settlers - and that makes me happy :D
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 02:39:45 pm »

Also, Nick Trujillo made a couple comics about it, they're here.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 02:47:25 pm »

That said, this doesn't make me think of populous... it makes me think of... ahh... there was a really old strategy game, with a dark sci-fi theme, where you built in sky islands. You had a sky priest, with special elements, and would seek out and sacrifice enemy priests. Maybe somebody remembers the name...
Netstorm maybe?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 02:49:47 pm »

Hmm!  I wasn't expecting it to be so cheap on release.

I haven't really enjoyed a single game from Arcen games, but I do really like the developers.  They are always trying new things and I've never had any technical problems running their games, like crashes and such.  I might have to pick this up and see how it is.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 03:06:34 pm »

Those comics make me want to play the game. :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 03:17:03 pm »

Netstorm maybe?

That's the one! May have to track it down and re-re-re-replay it...

Those are fantastic!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 03:29:32 pm »

Hmm this is multiplayer as well... I wonder how that plays
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4