Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Horrific Hallway: Turn One : Player-Designed Deathtraps on a d20!  (Read 2257 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: Horrific Hallway: Turn One : Player-Designed Deathtraps on a d20!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 06:07:54 pm »

Well... just stick me on the waitlist... player or cosmic. Whichever comes first.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 08:48:22 pm »

I BET YOU THOUGHT THIS WAS DEAD BUT FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THE AFTERLIFE WAS TOO BORING

After a quick recount, it seems I don't have lists for Lootsmith or the Mother Atrocity and their positions are now open, first to PM me a list gets the position. If only one is taken by tomorrow, I'll fill one of the roles.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 10:39:37 pm »

((Whaty di I need to PM, again? The charts, but anything else?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 10:42:07 pm »

I forgot what I sent in for madman. Vaguely.

This will be just as suprising to me as for you!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2013, 11:03:03 pm »

I sent in for Mother Atrocity. I have an awful feeling that someones already taken that.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 03:31:42 am »

I'm sad I missed this.

Post to hopefully get onto the waitlist for the second one of these.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 04:02:44 am »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2013, 07:42:31 am »

I'm sad I missed this.

Post to hopefully get onto the waitlist for the second one of these.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2013, 07:53:23 am »

A melody you've never heard before assaults your hearing- an instrument you can't name plays a haunting, slow tune with a sound you find beautiful yet irksome. You feel as if you're falling, but know you haven't moved- suddenly, there's the sound of metal scraping against metal, glass shattering, and cats mewling all at once as your consciousness is ripped from it's host and flung into space.

When visual and audio assault of your mind is done with, you're aware that you aren't in the same place you were. There's just a single door in a dark, featureless room. The only sound is that of clattering- as if someone was dropping a rock or something, and letting it bounce around before dropping it again. You push the door open, and see...

Spoiler: Numbers (click to show/hide)

You feel very cramped in a tight space. Backing up, you find that there is no door anymore- you're trapped in a cold, dark box! It's small enough to be an annoyance, but you can move about freely enough. Outside the box, you hear loud droning noise, the occasional booming voice on a loudspeaker, and what seems to be a sizzling sound.

Spoiler: Bruce (click to show/hide)

4+3 (INT)
You realize that the box, and you, are moving at a steady rate in one direction. It's not enough to alarm you, but the lack of air in the box is- you've probably got about three turns worth of air in the box, and you need to do something fast. You're pretty sure you're on a conveyor belt, and the idea of shaking yourself off of it is one idea, or maybe you could somehow break the box. You also become aware that whatever is behind you making the "bacon sizzle" sound is moving about the same speed you are.

The voice seems to boom something like:
The (garbled) looks ready to escape! It should be a quick game for (garbled) to (garbled).
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2013, 08:25:00 am »

((Posting to waitlist as a cosmic entity.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2013, 07:45:05 pm »

I wonder what monster that is.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2013, 01:16:19 am »

Well, this isn't good
Go to the side of the box and run to the other side, when I reach the other side turn around and do it again.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2013, 06:01:19 pm »

You shake the box from side to side,(4), causing it to fall off of the moving platform you were on. Moments later, a man in a security uniform pries your box open, then shouts aloud, as you crawl out and away while he isn't looking.
"What the hell? Come on, you do realize that trick is dangerous, right? Just buy a fucking ticket!"

Meanwhile, you hear the sizzling noise behind you turn into a popping sound as another box explodes open. This time, it's not a human, but a bunch of bug-sized fireballs that vaguely resemble birds at this distance, and they don't look happy.

The announcer booms: And now to the main course- cooked fleshy, prepared by the Firebirds of (unintelligible)!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2013, 07:03:00 pm »

OOC: Looks like I'm Mother Atrocity, because those are my firebirds.

A man wearing blue robes watches the fight. "Those firebirds better do their job, it would be a shame for him to make it to the end." he muses.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 [2] 3