Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC  (Read 58914 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2013, 08:35:33 pm »

[
You know GWG we could make a deal.
Which are you and what do you have in mind?
It's Kyle, the plan is you help me out and I'll get you a good rep, as well as doing favors for you.
Help you out, how?
Helping me fix my boat, for one. Also it is in international waters so no one can say it was on anyone's land.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2013, 08:40:30 pm »

[
It's Kyle, the plan is you help me out and I'll get you a good rep, as well as doing favors for you.
Help you out, how?
Helping me fix my boat, for one. Also it is in international waters so no one can say it was on anyone's land.
Good first step: Make me aware of you. In a way that doesn't mark you as a terrorist group.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2013, 08:40:48 pm »

Well, she does appear to be takin the genocidal route, which is regretful, but unimportant to me at th moment. 'Cause Japan is like a honey badger: it doesn't give a shit... yet.
You can bet terrorists like her are going to be coming up in the discussion with The Elder Wyrm.

Speaking of which, should we roleplay the meeting now?

If you want. By the way, Xaren will probably come in his human form. This means Sephiroth length golden hair, glowing golden eyes, and a business suit.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2013, 08:45:19 pm »

[
Help you out, how?
Good first step: Make me aware of you. In a way that doesn't mark you as a terrorist group.
That should always be the first step.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2013, 08:50:16 pm »

Okay, I have added pufferfish, with some population nerfing, to account for this, on our timeline, taking place 6000 years ago with modern day technology and geography, as well as necessary resource management to account for different species.

If you want. By the way, Xaren will probably come in his human form. This means Sephiroth length golden hair, glowing golden eyes, and a business suit.

I don't know whether to be scared, or awe-inspired by this description.

By the way, can you send me the name of the current project(s) that the R&D is working on, so I can get your turn portion correct?

Hey everyone, try to keep the pyramids to a minimum.  Okay?

Also, GreatWyrmGold and Frostbyte, you are forgetting the travel time that would be required for your characters to meet, unless they are speaking over a communications link (image-based or sound-based, take your pick).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:52:27 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2013, 08:56:57 pm »

Well, Xaren is on his computer at the momet. So maybe they're using Skype? :P
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2013, 08:58:41 pm »

That could work.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2013, 09:03:24 pm »

How are you even using a computer though? Theater-sized screen & keyboard? Perhaps made by Ancestor Technologies? *shameless self advertisement*

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2013, 09:12:27 pm »

Theater-sized screen & keyboard?

Eye or paw motion-based?  Reinforced touchscreen or keyboard?  There a lot that is possible.

Oh, I may want to mention this, in order to keep constructions...feasable, I am going to have dragons be at a 20-30 feet in height maximum.  This will be up for debate.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2013, 09:16:32 pm »

How are you even using a computer though? Theater-sized screen & keyboard? Perhaps made by Ancestor Technologies? *shameless self advertisement*
Gold dragons can also transform into human forms.

Oh, I may want to mention this, in order to keep constructions...feasable, I am going to have dragons be at a 20-30 feet in height maximum.  This will be up for debate.
That's fine. I'd imagine the really old dragons would be bigger, but there's not a lot of those left. The only one that comes to mind has that covered.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2013, 09:24:04 pm »

I'd like to bring your attention to the fact that she is suggesting killing a draconic "emmisary" just because he's there.

Okay, let me put it to you bluntly.

Her entire family was murdered and she was enslaved by dragons. So were the rest of the humans that didn't die. SHE HAS DAMN GOOD REASON TO WANT EVERY ONE OF YOU SCALY, OVERGROWN LIZARD BASTARDS DEAD.

:P No hate for dragons personally, I love them, just pointing out that she has good reason to have gone genocidal. You all seem to think that she did it for no reason. they enslaved every human on earth. If they DIDN'T think that this was going to piss off a few of them to the point that they want to kill all sons of bitches, they're a bit stupider than I give them credit for.

Edit: Just to clarify, in her experience, which is admittedly narrow, dragons are gigantic murderous asshats obsessed with their own awesomeness who kill and enslave people simply because they can.

It's possible that the Russian dragons (I seem to be portraying them as basically the fatass aristocrats of the dragon world) are even WORSE than the baseline, which would explain this even more.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:27:17 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2013, 09:26:32 pm »

I'd like to bring your attention to the fact that she is suggesting killing a draconic "emmisary" just because he's there.
Okay, let me put it to you bluntly.
Her entire family was murdered and she was enslaved by dragons. So were the rest of the humans that didn't die. SHE HAS DAMN GOOD REASON TO WANT EVERY ONE OF YOU SCALY, OVERGROWN LIZARD BASTARDS DEAD.
:P No hate for dragons personally, I love them, just pointing out that she has good reason to have gone genocidal. You all seem to think that she did it for no reason. they enslaved every human on earth. If they DIDN'T think that this was going to piss off a few of them to the point that they want to kill all sons of bitches, they're a bit stupider than I give them credit for.
If you'll notice, my character wasn't exactly in favor of all that.

Anyways, you'll also need to bear in mind that, until your character starts handing out copies of her autobiography to dragons on the street, she'll just be seen as a person who murdered a dragon for no reason. (The truth isn't a lot better, from the point of anyone who isn't genocidal towards dragons.)
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2013, 09:28:57 pm »

not just a dragon.

If you read my app, you would know that they've been doing this for a while. and have gotten damn good at it. True, this might say more about how big of lazy bastards the Russian dragons are than how awesome they are, but still.

And to be fair, she's kinda a bit insane from the whole having her parents burned to death and/or eaten in front of her thing. I mean, really, if you're an impressionable young lass, and some big fuck-off lizard comes, eats your parents, and declares you his slave, you would REALLY want to kill him. And probably make him suffer.

So her main goal at the moment is to kill the Czar dragon guy. Because he killed her parents. And that's kinda a big deal.

And the point is, she knows of no country that doesn't enslave every human they find (examples like you are few and far between), so it's entirely justified to her.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:32:38 pm by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2013, 09:31:18 pm »

Agreed, GWG. My guy only went with it because he believed it would make t easier to protect humans. I'm also going to be doing the I, Robot approach to AI. Three Laws Safe and all that.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2013, 09:33:10 pm »

Agreed, GWG. My guy only went with it because he believed it would make t easier to protect humans. I'm also going to be doing the I, Robot approach to AI. Three Laws Safe and all that.

Didn't I, Robot demonstrate that the Three Laws are basically useless?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35