Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35

Author Topic: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC  (Read 59115 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2013, 08:58:36 pm »

What do you mean by type?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2013, 09:01:08 pm »

What do you mean by type?

Fire, Ice, Wind, etc.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2013, 09:02:23 pm »

Can we still edit our sheets?

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2013, 09:03:09 pm »

I'll join the Draconic World Order.

ACCESSING DATA FILES
Name: Xaren
Description: Shimmering golden scales, with eyes that look like pools of molten gold.
Breath Attack: Any Element that he knows he word for. (I will include said words with their meanings in my actions, so never fear.)

Bio:
Xaren is an old dragon. A very old dragon. The last of his family, he is also the last dragon who remembers Drakkspreak, the Dragon Speak in the common tongue. He has experienced most of his life cursed, trapped in a human form until he finally accepted his destiny: Fighting to protect the humans, using any means necessary. If that meant slavery, then so be it. Still, he couldn't help but to regret the necessity of this. Still, he was fair. The humans would not be forced to do anything they didn't want. They would just be watched carefully, and if any broke the law, punishment was to be swift and final. He just hoped these revolutionaries would leave him be.

Corporation: Ancestor Technologies & FTL Industries
Organization: 'Totalitarian' Democracy
Population:
Human: 1,000,000
Dragon: 2,500, all various kinds
Resources: 'Peacekeepers' (Secret Police), Heavy Industrial production, Fast technological advances.
Government: 'Big Brother Is ALWAYS Watching' approach to law, mostly Democracy. Dragons run most businesses, but treat employees well. (And pay them rather handsomely, might I add.) 'Free'(Included in taxes) Healthcare, think modern day Canada.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:12:12 pm by Fr0stByt3 »
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2013, 09:03:34 pm »

Name: Killarn
Breath attack: Normally a gas with neurotoxin that reacts and becomes harmless within seconds upon contacting the air(though still plenty of time to get into your skin if it's breathed on you), but can emulate almost any type of breath weapon.
Affiliation: (Revolutionaries, Draconic World Order)
Appearance: Killarn is an Brown Dragon. They are a small breed, and would normally be unlikely to survive, save for two factors. The first, is that they are naturally camouflaged; pigment in their scales, as well as the scales themselves, can be raised or lowered in color and texture, to match almost perfectly, the environment around them. As they grow older, the second aspect comes into play. They can imitate other dragon's breath weapons, sometimes better than their original owners. A fire drake(adolescent) might try and prove himself to some of the local dracettes by beating down on a smaller blue dragon, but they rarely mess with brown dragons for fun; the knowledge that an icy blast of frigid air could come from almost anywhere usually keeps them in place.
Character Bio: Kellarn was born in northern Sweden. He was an easy going beast for most of his life, participating in the drug craze of the sixties happily, though few drugs made by humans could affect even a Brown Dragon(though with their resistance to toxins, who knows?), and when his fellows took over, he didn't care too much. He wasn't mean to the tiny squishy creatures, just as he wasn't mean to dogs or cows. Didn't mean they were his equals. Over time, due to his excellence as a spy, chemist, and chef(he likes oleander and nightshade as seasoning), he rose through the ranks. Now a member of parliament, though not a significant one, he favors the current regime, which holds a earn-your-freedom view on humans; if they behave, show loyalty, and work hard, they can not only become free, draconian-class citizens, but vote, become high ranking, and there's a few noble families of humans, now. Some are the former royal families that the more sentimental drakes couldn't bear to reduce to slavery, some are hard-working, fast-talking commoners that managed to get in good after the take-over. The law about how to become free isn't overly harsh, though the fact that there are slaves at all in setting supposedly democratic might make one thing of hypocrisy...which it really is.

Name: United Nation of Northern Europe under Her/His Draconic Majesty
Organization: Semi-Democratic Parliamentary Monarchic Meritocracy (there are nobles who have mostly diplomatic and figurehead power, persuasive certainly, and are often put into place due to their bloodline, but parliament, which makes may real decisions, is decided by their effectiveness in their career. Some stuff is voted on by some people, some isn't, etc.)
Location: British Isles, Ireland, Greenland, parts of northern France, Holland, the Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway. Some territory disputes over islands in the pacific, some colonies in the indonesian islands, and it and another country both lay claim to the Iberian peninsula, though the other country(situated along much of the northern African and mediterranean coast, as well as controlling parts of southern France) has a better claim and position to take and/or hold it.

Population
Humans: 260 million
Dragons: 40 million, of differing types. Many silver, blue, and green dragons, though red and white are not uncommon. Some emerald and topaz even call it home, and there's a small number of browns, opals, and 'rainbows'. Fukken' rainbows.

Resources
Oil from the Scandinavian countries, coal and the like, lumber in abundance, poor farmland, fierce dragons(where D'ya think Vikings got the idea for their ships?) in most places, quite cunning in others. Decent supplies of metal, but several things must be imported. Tensions run high between them and their southern neighbors.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2013, 09:05:05 pm »

Feathered Serpents are Poison, European Dragons are Fire, Chinese Dragons have no breath power according to the books but make up for it by being the best flyers ever/more intelligent then other dragons, save for the Celestial, which has that sonic wind attack thing. There's only about 10 of those, though. Uhh...anything I miss?
Sig! Onol

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2013, 09:12:46 pm »

Question... Are we assumed to have escaped already? Not quite sure :/
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2013, 09:14:37 pm »

I'll melt your scales off, you pretty new mascot :D
Gold dragons are immune to fire, you nitwit!

Feathered Serpents are Poison, European Dragons are Fire, Chinese Dragons have no breath power according to the books but make up for it by being the best flyers ever/more intelligent then other dragons, save for the Celestial, which has that sonic wind attack thing. There's only about 10 of those, though. Uhh...anything I miss?
Wyverns are probably poison, there's a bunch of weird things like basilisks and the tarrasque (the mythical one, most likely), the pinnea, gargoyles, etc, that may or may not count, and now that I've been accepted, there's various types of Gygaxian "true" dragons, as well as possibly dragon turtles, pseudodragons, etc.

Speaking of them, is Xaren a gold dragon?

-----

Um, Zanzetkuken, is my nation on the same level as the other nations or is it an order of magnitude weaker? There's UNNE, which has more than 10 times as many dragons as I have humans, for instance. Should I increase my population 10 times, or my population 100 times and my area to the whole US, or something?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2013, 09:17:43 pm »

Yeah, I gotta ask the population question too. I put it that low because
A: I only counted full grown dragons
B: I didn't think a million of them would fit into all of Europe with reasonable territories.
Sig! Onol

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2013, 09:22:19 pm »

Spoiler: Dragon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 01:38:50 pm by Pufferfish »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2013, 09:23:33 pm »

So are people going to start playing the game?

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2013, 09:27:10 pm »

Spoiler: Dragon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nation (click to show/hide)

Well, I actually have Tokyo, so you might want to change that bit. Just letting you know. I'm willing to do business, though.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2013, 09:29:23 pm »

-snip-
I kinda have Europe. Though I suppose we could trade and such.

EDIT: I should probably add that Alkus stands about 30 feet high and around 120 feet long.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:38:16 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2013, 09:53:12 pm »

Since I'm the only non-genocidal non-dragon leader in the north American continent can I have GWG as an ally?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2013, 09:59:58 pm »

Since I'm the only non-genocidal non-dragon leader in the north American continent can I have GWG as an ally?
Probably. Just don't be a terrorist.

Also, I'd like to hear about if I should increase my territory and/or population and/or such.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35