Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35

Author Topic: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC  (Read 59142 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I'm slowly refrigerating the world by turning heat into electricity. Obviously there's waste heat, and there won't be near efficiency, but I think I can get a temperature gradient in an ice ship. Just saying.

If nothing else, it could at least diminish the electrical cost of running the coolant through the pipes.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

And that's about it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, I asked a physics teacher about it today, and yeah, I wouldn't be able to make electricity. I could, however, make this process far more efficient, in addition to reducing the amount of waste heat put out, and thus my thermal signature(though that's probably be blocked by ice in most areas anyway, and by cold 'radiation' everywhere else.). So it's not as though it's useless or a bad idea.

Additionally, two things. Concrete submarines won't actually have steel outer frames, as it negates some of the point, adds expense, and doesn't help enough. Part of the point is that concrete is a lot more like rock to sonar than steel is, and when you're at the bottom of the sea floor...they'll still have polymers and such that are being developed to try and help with the corrosiveness, but they'll need maintenance and careful eye. They'd usually be small in comparison to normal subs, with a crew ranging from 4 to 12 depending on the size.

Back to ice ships, they'd almost all be submersible, if only because that's the only efficient way to get ice on top. Besides, they're mostly underwater anyway...

Finally. That's not a torpedo coming from that iceberg, that's a seal. It's a very fast seal. Which ate nitroglycerin.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Finally. That's not a torpedo coming from that iceberg, that's a seal. It's a very fast seal. Which ate nitroglycerin.
What?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What?
It's a joke.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I am sorry.  It appears that this game overextends my capability to GM players.  There is just too many for me to get the turns out in a timely manner.  Someone else can decide to take this over, but I'm not going to be able to GM this, because I can't keep up with this number of players.  I am sorry.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would be willing, if you had the tables and such I could see.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I would be willing, if you had the tables and such I could see.

What tables?  All I was doing was rolling a d20 for each action.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:36:17 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought you might have hidden plotlines and such going on, or something like that.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I thought you might have hidden plotlines and such going on, or something like that.
Evidently not.
Sorry to see you go, Zanzetkuken.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

That's what you meant?  I don't come up with stuff like that until around 5-10 turns into the game, so I could have gotten an idea of what the characters are like, and I can quasi-accurately plan for the likely courses of action.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But yeah, I might be able to take over.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

But yeah, I might be able to take over.

Alright then!  The game is yours!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay then...time to see what's going on, what stuff there is, etc.

Speaking of, how did you determine charge level increases? 5 every turn for dragons, seems like, (or maybe ten percent of current), and roll a d20 for humans?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 10:29:39 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Okay then...time to see what's going on, what stuff there is, etc.

Speaking of, how did you determine charge level increases? 5 every turn for dragons, seems like, (or maybe ten percent of current), and roll a d20 for humans?

Dragons: Yes
Humans: Due to the ability of theirs being able to raise and lower based upon prevalent emotion, it is more of a reasonable estimate of how the emotions would modify the charge level.  You can work out your own system if you don't want it like that.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35