Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Author Topic: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC  (Read 58942 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2013, 10:01:23 pm »

I'm fine if you stay out of Florida, take Canada they have weed.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2013, 10:31:14 pm »

... Why have I not been answered yet? <_< Are we assumed to have already escaped and all that shit happened and now RAGEMURDERKILL?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2013, 10:32:09 pm »

... Why have I not been answered yet? <_< Are we assumed to have already escaped and all that shit happened and now RAGEMURDERKILL?
What?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2013, 10:32:58 pm »

We were supposed to be slaves, right?

<_< are we assumed to have GTFO'd already?
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2013, 10:51:51 pm »

You are free, yes.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2013, 10:27:30 am »

Spoiler: Dragon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nation (click to show/hide)

Well, I actually have Tokyo, so you might want to change that bit. Just letting you know. I'm willing to do business, though.

All right, Japan is all yours. Also, I have China's huge industry.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2013, 10:40:24 am »

Excellent. I'll be more technologically-minded anyways. You know, robots, AIs, Hovercars. If you can pay the price, you can have it. This goes for anyone *wink wink nudge nudge*
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2013, 10:42:09 am »

Just a question, but what exactly's the date. Because the only data we have now is modern times. Which can mean anything from the Industrial revolution to Present day.

If the later, then my gear's probably painfully outdated. (I assumed first half 20the century)

Oh, and according to the wiki modern age is even earlier. (medieval till industrial rev.)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 10:46:27 am by 10ebbor10 »

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2013, 11:09:27 am »

Really? Then what age are we in now?
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2013, 11:19:32 am »

Breath Attack: Any Element that he knows he word for. (I will include said words with their meanings in my actions, so never fear.)

I have a problem with this, it is too overpowered to allow for one entity to have all the abilities of the others of their kind.  The most I will allow is 2 different elements that a dragon can control, the most predominant in each parent to the dragon.  The same thing applies to you, Rolepgeek.  Also, Rolep, can you reduce the population you have?  It is a little...much.

If the later, then my gear's probably painfully outdated. (I assumed first half 20the century)

The tech that is being utilized is would be considered to be from the Cold War era (RPGs) to the Near Future (Your Airships).  Seriously, have you heard of anything like that in the early 20th century?

Spoiler: Dragon (click to show/hide)

Pufferfish, can you give me actual numbers rather than percentages?

I do. The People For The Safety of Beaches, they are, lead by an "archmage" whose only magic is to stop magic. Oz?

No human knows of their abilities, yet, because they haven't activated for the first time, by extension, you would not know this either.  Please correct this, GreatWyrmGold.

So are people going to start playing the game?

Look again.

We were supposed to be slaves, right?

<_< are we assumed to have GTFO'd already?

Your sheet looks like you never were captured, but hid underground.

Feathered Serpents are Poison, European Dragons are Fire, Chinese Dragons have no breath power according to the books but make up for it by being the best flyers ever/more intelligent then other dragons, save for the Celestial, which has that sonic wind attack thing. There's only about 10 of those, though. Uhh...anything I miss?

That doesn't mean anything in this game.  While you can take inspiration from them, they aren't the rule.

Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2013, 11:26:52 am »

Actually my sheet specifically says that her family was killed and she was hauled off to serve as a house-slave.

Presumably she found an entrance to the old tunnel system while she was working and fled.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2013, 11:36:15 am »

Actually my sheet specifically says that her family was killed and she was hauled off to serve as a house-slave.

Presumably she found an entrance to the old tunnel system while she was working and fled.

Then that means she is still working there, but is communicating with others in order to relay orders, and not draw suspicion.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2013, 11:39:30 am »

*nods* Also explains why they're following a ten-year-old.

She's a bitchin' writer and strategist. :p

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2013, 11:53:16 am »

The tech that is being utilized is would be considered to be from the Cold War era (RPGs) to the Near Future (Your Airships).  Seriously, have you heard of anything like that in the early 20th century?
1920-1940 are the high days of airship technolgy. If not for that  unfortunate accident, and the 2 Wars playing up with development, a carrier as large as mine could have been build. (It's only 50% larger than the Hindenburg, after all).

Speaking of which, here are some working prototypes. 1919, 1923-1924*, 1929 and 1933

History sure is interesting. The only difference is that my ship is a bit bigger, significantly better armed, and modified for dragons. The design it was based on was developped in the 1940's.
For me and others, the difference in time is also highly important. It makes the life of a revolutionary much, much harder. After all, it's the governement which owns and operates all these new technologies. Also the question of how the wars work in a time where MAD is, due to the territorial rivality of dragons, widespread. And it Basically invalidates most of the character concept, and requires a complete redesign of the ships. It also means a difference between an effective fighting unit, and a glorified transport ship**.

*Prototype
**Can't outrun, nor outmanoevre, nor avoid any enemy. Radar, sattelites, missile technology all result in this thing being absolutely useless as anything else than target practise.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:46:28 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2013, 12:33:38 pm »

True about the book thing. Default them to Sonic if you need to.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35