Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

Author Topic: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC  (Read 58155 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC
« on: April 15, 2013, 06:20:58 pm »

This game is going to be taking place upon an alternative earth where dragons exist, and have taken over the world, and subjugated the humans.  The players will be taking the part of either humans or dragons either fighting for freedom, or, in the case of the dragons, trying to hold onto their newly gained authority.

If you have any ideas to contribute, suggest them, unless they relate to an overall plot, then send a message to me instead.  I may just use the ideas.

This game was inspired by this post in the corrupt a wish thread.

Link to IC thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125190.0

Quote from: Introduction Paragraph
In an alternate dimension to reality, dragons are not things of myth and legend, they exist alongside humans.  The two societies warred upon each other at first, but eventually, the societies began to become more peaceful, and soon combined.  There were still wars, but they were between various nations containing both dragons and humans, rather than just one race against another.  Technology advanced at a fair rate, arriving at our modern age after only 4000 years of civilization.  Throughout this time, though, dragons had an agenda, it was long in unfolding, but at that time, they had gained control of all the major governments and corporations.  It did not take long, only a short war, for them to subjugate the entirety of the human race, turning them into slaves.  The dragons began ruling with an iron claw, they had dominated everything.  But, the inner spirit of the human race could not be quenched so easily.  Some of the humans and a few dragons who did not want what had happened began to form revolutionary factions in order to rise up against the oppressors.  And they would fight until their last breath was taken, or the human race was once again free.  In this time, some humans are beginning to exhibit abilities that have not been seen amongst them before.  Either way this conflict goes, a new age is beginning.

The Two Factions

Spoiler: Revolutionaries (click to show/hide)

Signup Sheets

Spoiler: Dragon signup (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Human signup (click to show/hide)

Include one of the following with your signup.

Spoiler: Nation (dragons only) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 07:36:09 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooh, seems interesting! Will prepare a Sheet; just a single question: Do we fill out the nation part?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Ooh, seems interesting! Will prepare a Sheet; just a single question: Do we fill out the nation part?

Only if you select a dragon aligned to the Draconic World Order.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Dragon;Rawran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rawran's Raiders (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 06:05:04 pm by javierpwn »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Name: Joe Bridger
Latent Ability: Antimagic- So not a powerful wizard Joe is, all magic around him fails when he claims he is.
Appearance: Pink Mage Robe, Bunny Slippers, Wraparound Shades, Fedora, Walking Stick, Long Beard, Falconing Glove.
Character Bio: A crazy old guy from a local labor camp who claims to be a powerful wizard. He talks to his imaginary falcon friend a lot. He apparently has the dragons confused for sharks, and wants to sell their "spiky dorsal fins".

Name: People For The Safety of Beaches
Knowledge: Heard of
Overall Goal: Totalitarian Anarchy (An anarchy ruled by a fascist dictator who controls nothing.)

Members: 42.5
Humans: 89
Dragons: 3 silver (Mercury Breath). 2 bronze (Bronze Breath). 3 Ebony (Breathes Death). 2 White (Breathes Ice).  Half a gold (Breathes Blood).

Resources
A warehouse in Miami (Sharkside Bunker)
A corporate office in Kansas (Noshark HQ)
90 super soakers modified to spray acid
20 railguns
90 harpoon guns
90 leather trenchcoats
10 dragon-sized leather trenchcoats
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 05:10:29 am by Remuthra »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Okay then, javierpwn, your character is good.  I would like some more detail on the appearance (ie wyvernic, classic european, chinese, etc.) but it is good like it is.  However, you still need to add the 'Rebel Group' portion before your character to be approved.

Remuthra, there are a couple of problems with your character.
1) All humans are currently enslaved, so your character would be out working under forced labor rather than being allowed to live out in a forest, free from the constraints of Draconian authority.
2) The humans are not aware of their abilities until they come out due to various events.  If you explain why he thinks he is a powerful wizard that does not hint at the abilities, that portion can be let slide.
3) Right now, there isn't a motive for revolting, as well as any details that would have been significant in shaping the character's views of the world.  If you are wanting to bring out most of these details in the thread, have it like Javier's, short, but gives you insight into motive, as well as highlighting a couple of details that give some idea of how the character views the world.
In addition to these things, you still need to fill out the 'Rebel Group' portion as well.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Edited. I thought only the dragon supporters needed to fill out that portion.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Edited. I thought only the dragon supporters needed to fill out that portion.

Dragon supporters fill out the 'Nation' section.  The Revolutionaries fill out the 'Rebel Group' section.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Name:  Kyle Johnson
Latent Ability:  Telekinesis
Appearance:  Tall for his age, long shaggy brown hair and a beard that is coming in nicely. Brown eyes that still gleam in excitement when he sees a dragon no matter the fact he is enslaved by them. Built like a linebacker and is becoming thinner from the lack of meals.
Character Bio:  Kyle always wanted to see a dragon in person, well I guess he got his wish. Living in the Tampa bay area and being familiar with the swamps and their creatures made him excellent for leading anything through the swamps. He is still mildly mad about being ordered around but his family is safe so it's not all bad. To keep his mind sharp he sings Gilbert and Sullivan's Modern Major-General song.

Name:  D.E.T.H (I swear that was an accident)
Knowledge: unknown
Overall Goal: A council of dragons and humans in equal parts that vote on what to do when anything important arises.

Members
Humans: 10 (2 groups of 5, directly fighting under Kyle is the killjoys, under the Venom [the dragon] is the death sqaud.)
Dragons: 1 poison breathing red oriental dragon
Sharks:  Many, many, many.
Resources
1 derelict aircraft carrier off the coast with many AA guns and more than sufficient ammo, among the other things on the ship.
          On ship:  100 M16 carbines with 5 clips each, 50 gas masks (5/6 of the gas masks are painted in a clown motif for the killjoys), more knives and whetstones than one would ever need, and a bowling alley.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:13:47 pm by kj1225 »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

And there's the horribly misinformed rebel group.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Members: 42.5
Dragons: Half a gold.

...what?

Name:  Kyle Johnson
Latent Ability:  Telekinesis
Appearance:  Tall for his age, long shaggy brown hair and a beard that is coming in nicely. Brown eyes that still gleam in excitement when he sees a dragon no matter the fact he is enslaved by them. Built like a linebacker and is becoming thinner from the lack of meals.
Character Bio:  Kyle always wanted to see a dragon in person, well I guess he got his wish. Living in the Tampa bay area and being familiar with the swamps and their creatures made him excellent for leading anything through the swamps. He is still mildly mad about being ordered around but his family is safe so it's not all bad.

This is good.  Don't forget 'Rebel Group'

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

He's our mascot, the rotting gold dragon half.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I think i'll make my own group due to not being crazy or suicidal.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

But we have trenchcoats!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

He's our mascot, the rotting gold dragon half.

...I don't know how to respond to that.

I think i'll make my own group due to not being crazy or suicidal.

Each character is the leader of their own group/nation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35