Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC  (Read 58777 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC
« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2013, 07:43:23 pm »

I'm not trying to justify them. You can be a terrorist group. The whole point of this game, as far as I can tell, is the terrorist vs. dictator thing. They are assholes, by and large. That's how I want them to be. But just like there was slavery in what was considered the leader of democracy...Two sides of a coin.

You want genocide. There is apartheid.

Remember folks, the world just plain sucks, as a whole.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2013, 07:46:10 pm »

Eeeyup.

SHIT SUCKS.

:p Peace CAN be brokered, but it's gonna be HARD to do so, considering that the majority of both sides are like "FUCK THAT" to what the other side demands XD

Dragons: "We want to keep our slaves, FUCK YOUR FREEDOM."
Humans: "We want our freedom, FUCK YOUR SLAVERY."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2013, 07:50:17 pm »

Hey Rolepgeek, want an alliance?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2013, 07:55:57 pm »

It might be like that, but consider the other side, as I've said. Dragons have long been the minority. All those dragon-rider books...you think maybe something like that might have happened in the past, where dragons weren't just slaves, but mounts? And now the older ones are taking their revenge?

Anyway. Which and what are you, Remuthra, and you'd need to convince in game, anyway.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2013, 08:00:14 pm »

Eeeyup.

SHIT SUCKS.

:p Peace CAN be brokered, but it's gonna be HARD to do so, considering that the majority of both sides are like "FUCK THAT" to what the other side demands XD

And then there's me: "I want my science, FUCK THE REST OF THE WORLD! Unless I can make a profit, of course. More raises for my employees."
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2013, 08:01:49 pm »

I'm the crazy guy with the gold dragon chunk.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2013, 08:05:54 pm »

It might be like that, but consider the other side, as I've said. Dragons have long been the minority. All those dragon-rider books...you think maybe something like that might have happened in the past, where dragons weren't just slaves, but mounts? And now the older ones are taking their revenge?

Anyway. Which and what are you, Remuthra, and you'd need to convince in game, anyway.

Entirely possible, and it'd definitely be reasonable. :p Still, it just makes the situation uglier. Both sides consider themselves 'in the right'.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2013, 08:32:04 pm »

Also like I said, the Russian dragons kinda deserve it, and there's literally no other way to resist them outside of 'sit on our asses and kowtow so that they hopefully don't decide to kill us until one of the possibly-nonexistent dragons that give a shit come to unseat them and probably improve fuck all.'

Wanton slavery and murder kiiiinda do stuff like that.

I admit their actions are kinda extreme, but overall they're fighting for their freedom from a shitload of tyrannical assholes. And these guys are as far as they know participate in the exact same thing.
Well, I'd like to point out that India wasn't released from English control by having foreign visitors to India killed.
And I don't know much about the Russian dragons...but when I get involved things are going to change...

Eeeyup.

SHIT SUCKS.

A few people on each side: "Shut up! We're trying to stop the cycle of rebellion and OW STOP BITING US! Do you know who I am?"
But yeah, stuff sucks.

I'm the crazy guy with the gold dragon chunk.
And I'm the gold dragon's great-great-great grandfather.

Entirely possible, and it'd definitely be reasonable. :p Still, it just makes the situation uglier. Both sides consider themselves 'in the right'.
And they're both in the wrong. Ayup, we're a rung or two below Warhammer...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2013, 08:35:26 pm »

Yeah, GWG, I like you. I like you a lot

Problem is, in human society, killing humans that stick up is seen as a bad thing.

Current on in-universe? Peaceful protest doesn't work, because 9/10ths of the dragons (THE ONES IN POWER) would give no shits about just massacring those protesters.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2013, 08:43:17 pm »

I just kill any slave that gives me a funny look.

They pop out so many babies I don't even care.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2013, 08:43:40 pm »

Yeah, GWG, I like you. I like you a lot

Problem is, in human society, killing humans that stick up is seen as a bad thing.

Current on in-universe? Peaceful protest doesn't work, because 9/10ths of the dragons (THE ONES IN POWER) would give no shits about just massacring those protesters.
Point. Well, let's see how my campaigns work. After my "Dragons are Better Than Anarchy" campaign is off the ground, I'll start one where I show dragons the narrow differences between humans and us. (As much as the Elder Wyrm would never say so, a good, deadly terrorist attack would help. Maybe if one of your men was caught and asked why s/he did all this?)

I just kill any slave that gives me a funny look.

They pop out so many babies I don't even care.
Aaand you're the problem.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2013, 08:44:50 pm »

Welcome to my militaristic autocratical empire!

Don't worry, the more valuable humans get a warning.

One. Then I eat them

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2013, 08:49:28 pm »

Welcome to my militaristic autocratical empire!

Don't worry, the more valuable humans get a warning.

One. Then I eat them

Hey look, it's a draconic psychopath!

Whoops, tautology!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2013, 08:51:01 pm »

I see what you did there.

You're gonna be delicious dessert.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2013, 08:52:11 pm »

And you'll look awesome skinned and hung on the wall. ^_^
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35