Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Bay12 FUMBBL League- Taupe is Champion! Season Four Signups Open!  (Read 51118 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 FUMBBL League- Season 1, Week 1
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2013, 01:26:34 am »

You started that with 4 teams? Wish i noticed that thread before.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:37:03 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2013, 10:25:39 am »

Yeah, sorry about that. Week seemed to slip by me. Let's try... Hell, would it be possible to play today? If not, I should be able to make Monday at 4:00pm.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2013, 10:36:55 am »

Certainly sign me in whenever it's possible.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2013, 05:14:16 pm »

You started that with 4 teams? Wish i noticed that thread before.

Yep, as "bumps due to games actually being played" seemed much preferable to "me bumping this thread every week for all of an hours visibility." Go ahead and make a team to apply to the group- if we can attract enough interest before the end of the season we can set up a brief side tournament for new teams, and if not then at least you'll be set to go for Season 2!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2013, 05:16:17 pm »

Wouldn't it be quicker just to restart the season? We've barely started the season after all.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2013, 09:47:20 pm »

If you're adding two teams, why not have the teams play real quick and pretend they were in the whole time?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2013, 12:40:30 am »

If you're adding two teams, why not have the teams play real quick and pretend they were in the whole time?

Don't tell them ALL of our secrets! Even with 1 team added, all it takes is have the new team skip the first week, and then everyone skips one, in order. (as with 5 teams you have 2 games a week anyway)

edit : Since SOMEONE took the bloody halflings already...  ::)

Team : That's no moon
Coach : Stworca
Shoe Size : GMT+1

I work late night shifts, but 14:00-21:00 (GMT+1) i should be available, almost every day. This is to say, that the game should end prior to 21:00, not start :O!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:14:53 am by Stworca »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2013, 08:55:46 am »

Ha, and I was thinking about taking elves, too. :P

Invite sent to Stworca's Elf team That's no moon

If we have two new teams incoming, that would be splendid. At the moment all we have is Stworca- If everyone is willing to have a BYE week we can fit him in quick, and I'll just manually set his BYE to be the first week. If we still want to do a double round robin we'd all end up having two BYE weeks.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2013, 08:57:28 am »

If we still want to do a double round robin we'd all end up having two BYE weeks.

That you could figure it out so quick, is the main reason i'm joining. Competent people. Just a bloody shame Flings are taken  :(

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2013, 08:58:01 am »

I would be interested but I won't have time to make a team until later tonight.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2013, 09:47:01 am »

No problem, looks like we're drawing a bit of extra interest anyway.

If we still want to do a double round robin we'd all end up having two BYE weeks.

That you could figure it out so quick, is the main reason i'm joining. Competent people. Just a bloody shame Flings are taken  :(

Yes, super competent, that's why I'm still putting people in the league after week 1 started :P

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2013, 01:35:21 pm »

Side note, I love the FUMBBL replay system SO MUCH MORE than Cyanide's. Never had occasion to use it before.

Agreed.   I definitely went back for another look at some of the Munchkins' maneuvers, like that move you made to push your treeman into the cage, which took me a bit by surprise :)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2013, 08:28:19 pm »

Side note, I love the FUMBBL replay system SO MUCH MORE than Cyanide's. Never had occasion to use it before.

Agreed.   I definitely went back for another look at some of the Munchkins' maneuvers, like that move you made to push your treeman into the cage, which took me a bit by surprise :)

Ah, that's one I picked up playing against some other (much better) guy with flings in Ranked. Chain pushes are much easier to set up with stunty and dodge. It's also handy how Fumbbl doesn't autouse every skill- I tried that with the Marauders in a Cyanide match, but realized too late I hadn't toggled Stand Firm off of auto yet.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2013, 04:09:22 pm »

F- it. The sever has done some maintenance thingy and I have no clue how to get back in the game. Let's just take a raincheck or something and try again tomorrow. I definitively won't be able to finish the entire match, sadly.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2013, 04:15:19 pm »

Server maintenance is over, and I'm pretty sure when you rejoin the game it'll set you right back at the moment you were disconnected. It'll keep.

Not to nag, but if you apply a team I can set you up against Stworca with a minimum of delay.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26