Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Bay12 FUMBBL League- Taupe is Champion! Season Four Signups Open!  (Read 50595 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

The Bay12 FUMBBL League is, as you may have inferred, a FUMBBL League for the Bay12 community. If you aren't aware of FUMBBL, it's a free, online version of the Games Workshop tabletop game Blood Bowl. If you're unaware of Bloodbowl, it plays like a turn-based mashup of the NFL and Warhammer.  In this league, teams will play a regular season (a simple round robin tournament) after which the top players will participate in a playoff series to determine a league champion for the season.

Signups for Season Four are currently open, so head to the back of the thread and sign up!

Although FUMBBL is free, you do need a few things before joining the league:

-An account on the FUMBBL site. It's free, and the site is responsible for rolling all your dice. It's also maybe not the most intuitive thing on the planet; hovering over the tabs at the top reveals even-more-tabs (took me a bit to figure it out,) and the New Coach Guide can be found here.

-Java, which is what the site uses to do... everything. Also free, though you probably already know what Java is.

-Basic knowledge of the Blood Bowl rules. Free in pdf form from Games Workshop here, along with some handy strategy articles. There's plenty of resources available for learning or re-learning the game (some of which are in the Helpful Links spoiler below,) and you can always ask for help or advice in this thread or via pm (I'm nice, I swear!)

-A team to play with. This guide should help you get set up as far as the site interface is concerned, and if you have questions go ahead and ask. Make sure your team is in the [L]eague division. Rookie teams only- no importing teams from other leagues.

-Commitment. Games take about 60-90 minutes, and you need to be able to play a game every week or so (ideal week advancement is every ten days, give or take) over a season which runs 5-7 weeks, plus playoffs. Things come up, and maybe you can't play every single week; in that event, I can just declare the game a 0-0 draw and we'll move along. But please, don't just quit on the league and leave a big hole in the schedule.

If you're interested, then sign up! Let me know your team name and coach name so I can invite you to the group. It would also be helpful to know your timezone and contact info outside these forums, for scheduling purposes. I'm also open to suggestions on the structure of the league- I don't know how much flexibility FUMBBL gives me, but I'm willing to hear opinions.

Spoiler: How to Play Your Game (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: League History (click to show/hide)

Players for Season 3:
Player Team Time Zone Contact
monk12SlannEST (-5)monk125 (Steam)
EuchreJackChaos
TaupeChaos Pact
sebcoolDwarf
Silent_ThunderHumanSilent_Hastati (FUMBBL)
MaximillienSimyin

Spoiler: Results and Standings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:00:56 pm by monk12 »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 FUMBBL League- Season 1, Signups open!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 12:42:59 am »

Good luck with this.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 02:02:43 pm »

Good luck with this.

Thank you- I think you've done a bangup job with the Cyanide league, and I'm trying to emulate your Commisionership here. As you may have noticed from the player list copypasta :P
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:37:39 pm by monk12 »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 03:59:08 pm »

Oh... FUMBBL. I remember trying to play this at some point, but the website wouldn't work or something along those lines. Anyways, posting to watch, and maybe make an Undead team if I feel like playing.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 07:55:07 pm »

Bump!

Also, @USEC go ahead and let me know if the site gives you trouble

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 08:42:54 pm »

I tried to play on the first FUMBBL league, but it didn't work for me. Guess I will try again :)

EDIT:Nevermind, still broken XD
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:54:05 pm by werty892 »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 08:27:03 am »

The Yucatan Shamblers by 'I should make a team picture' USEC_OFFICER is ready to play! I'm... definitively in the same time-zone as you. Eastern Daylight Time. Of course the site appears to be down for me, but the team is already made, so I'm fine.

Also, I feel 100 times less nerdy after seeing all the references in your team.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 05:20:44 pm »

The Yucatan Shamblers by 'I should make a team picture' USEC_OFFICER is ready to play! I'm... definitively in the same time-zone as you. Eastern Daylight Time. Of course the site appears to be down for me, but the team is already made, so I'm fine.

Also, I feel 100 times less nerdy after seeing all the references in your team.

Yeah, looks like the site is still down- I'll add you in when it's back up.

And I'll admit, Samuel Haight came from reading TvTropes' thoughts on Munchkins- no doubt the Munchkins will get more and more obscure as they die off!

I tried to play on the first FUMBBL league, but it didn't work for me. Guess I will try again :)

May I ask, what exactly is the problem you are encountering?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 08:28:26 pm »

FUMBBL is back online! I added the Yucatan Shamblers to the official player list and sent off an invite on FUMBBL proper, so that's all squared away.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 08:59:55 pm »

Oh, how I wish I could guarantee commitment for this, but I'd have a very narrow window of time I could actually knock out a game.

PTW, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 02:36:58 pm »

Oh, how I wish I could guarantee commitment for this, but I'd have a very narrow window of time I could actually knock out a game.

PTW, though.

That's unfortunate. However, I will note my asking for commitment mostly refers to not bailing mid-season, which creates holes in the schedule. People are busy and have odd schedules and timezones, and higher priorities to take care of (exam season is right around the corner,) but the worst that happens if you absolutely can't get a match in is I declare a 1-1 draw for that week and we move on.

Busy is busy, though, and if you don't make it in now hopefully you'll join in on a later date!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 09:53:29 pm »

Bumping this so people can actually see it :P

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 02:12:56 am »

all right.... well...  i probably can make time for just one more little game of blood bowl per week :D

smakemupagus // Adamant Axes // Orc

I'm new to FUMBBL, but I'll try to play around with it and learn the interface in the next couple days.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 05:33:13 pm »

all right.... well...  i probably can make time for just one more little game of blood bowl per week :D

smakemupagus // Adamant Axes // Orc

I'm new to FUMBBL, but I'll try to play around with it and learn the interface in the next couple days.

Invited!

The interface is pretty straightforward- probably the biggest difference from Cyanide's Blood Bowl is that you have to declare passes/handoffs at the start of your movement like blitzes (which is how it should be, really,) and it doesn't have mouseover information on the skills, so it's handy to have the rulebook available when playing with/against the more unusual skills. The dice rolls and modifiers are also much more visible, which is a definite plus in my book.

Incidentally, did you draw your Orc names from a generator, or did you just make them up on the spot?

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 05:55:56 pm »

May I ask, what exactly is the problem you are encountering?

Well, whenever I try to make a team, no matter how many players I have, it says your team must have 11-16 players, even when I do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26