Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Bay12 FUMBBL League- Taupe is Champion! Season Four Signups Open!  (Read 51139 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 FUMBBL League- Championship
« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2013, 03:01:21 pm »

All are welcome for Season 2, and if there is sufficient interest a side tournament for rookies is possible

Not sure why there'd be a rookie tournament if every season is a rookie tournament, so I imagine you can keep your team.

I suppose it probably depends on what everyone wants, though.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2013, 03:06:24 pm »

You may keep old teams or start fresh ones as you wish. Feel free to apply new teams to the group as soon as they're made; we'll let signups sit open about a week after the Championship to give newcomers a chance to sign up, but it never hurts to get your teams in early. I'll also note that I won't be kicking teams out of the Group; provided you play no games outside our league, you can always play an old team again. I imagine that won't be a worry for people swapping teams this early, but the option is there.

Also, Championship game is currently scheduled for 9pm EST. First meeting between the teams was a 1-1 draw that started the rise of Dexter the Wonder Halfling; of course, it was also the first game of the season, and the Orcs have developed nicely. I'm already plotting the expenditure of my 500k Inducements!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2013, 03:36:04 pm »

Because I'm an idiot, I've forgotten how to join the league with my fancy new team. Do I have to pull out with my old team first? Figure I might as well ask before I do something stupid.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2013, 04:57:04 pm »

Also, Championship game is currently scheduled for 9pm EST.

On Monday.  (right?)

I'm already plotting the expenditure of my 500k Inducements!

Yikes.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2013, 09:38:38 pm »

Also, Championship game is currently scheduled for 9pm EST.

On Monday.  (right?)

I'm already plotting the expenditure of my 500k Inducements!

Yikes.

Yes! 9pm EST Monday. An excellent detail I should have remembered to include :P

Because I'm an idiot, I've forgotten how to join the league with my fancy new team. Do I have to pull out with my old team first? Figure I might as well ask before I do something stupid.

To join with a new team, you just need to let me know what the new team's name is so I can invite it (and then accept that invitation.) Since I assumed that Mere Matter of Marching is the team in question (excellent naming choice, btw) I went ahead and invited them to the group. You need only accept the invitation at this point.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2013, 09:53:56 pm »

To join with a new team, you just need to let me know what the new team's name is so I can invite it (and then accept that invitation.) Since I assumed that Mere Matter of Marching is the team in question (excellent naming choice, btw) I went ahead and invited them to the group. You need only accept the invitation at this point.

I figure that if my team is going to have a theme, it might as well be one that fairly accurately reflects how my Blood Bowl career is going. Plus victory is just a mere matter of marching away...

Also, I'll pull the Yutacan Shamblers out of the league once the season is over, to make sure that they don't somehow mess it up (though admittedly that'd probably come out in their favour).

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2013, 04:23:33 am »

In humanity's defense, Monks is exploiting the fact, that we're "ready for game" sooner than him, so he can manipulate his team value. It's a disgraceful, shameful display of balltrophia (lack of balls)

For that, i hope the orcs absolutely destroy his entire team.
Win or lose, smake, just kill them.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 04:25:23 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2013, 11:20:45 am »

:3

Though actually, the TV difference worked out perfectly this time. I almost bought another halfling and settled with using 450k, but... then I didn't. Hopefully the game is decided before OT, as I won't be able to field a full team if it gets that far. Of course, I probably won't be able to field a full team by halftime, but OT might see just 3 trees on the pitch.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2013, 01:14:51 pm »

Oh, those tricksy little hobbitses! 
It's okay, I'm not bothered by the trickery, possibly because I don't understand it.  Smash!! :D

>> Mere Matter of Marching

What's the reference?  It rings a bell but I can't quite place it. 

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2013, 01:23:04 pm »

The pre-game game of chicken over inducements is fun, really. Especially if you play one of those teams that always has tons of gold just lying around.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2013, 01:30:46 pm »

"The acquisition of Canada this year, as far as the neighborhood of Quebec, will be a mere matter of marching, and will give us the experience for the attack on Halifax, the next and final expulsion of England from the American continent." - President Thomas Jefferson.

I'd be rather surprised if you knew the quote, to be honest. The War of 1812 is up there with the War of the Triple Alliance in terms of obscurity.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2013, 10:58:53 pm »

Spoiler: Championship Game (click to show/hide)

A big thank you to everyone for participating, and for playing all your games! I had a lot of fun with my lucky flings, and hope to see you all in Season Two. Speaking of, Season Two signups are open!

If you intend to play in Season Two, and you already have a team in the league group (i.e you will be playing your Season One team) then just post to let me know you want to play, and you're in.

If you want to enter a new team into the league (either because you are a new player, or you want to play a new team,) then post your team name so I can invite you to the group. We are currently operating under a unique races rule, so the following races are available for play: Amazon, Chaos, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Goblin, High Elf, Human, Lizardmen, Necromantic, Norse, Nurgle, Ogre, Skaven, Slann, Undead, Underworld, Vampire, Wood Elf. In addition, Chaos Pact, Elves, Khemri, and Orcs may become available if their current coaches do not elect to repeat with them (I believe Stworca said he was going to ditch Elves for Goblins, but he hasn't yet submitted a new team.)

Now would also be the time for any discussion on format changes. Go ahead and bring up anything you'd like to discuss, but I'd particularly like feedback on the following:

Length of Season- Simply put, would you prefer a shorter, single round-robin season, or a longer double round-robin season? A short season means that individual games are more important, and also let you switch teams earlier if you don't like your current team. However, it also means that a bit of bad luck can have season-changing implications, and bad injuries can be difficult to recover from. Longer seasons means that bad luck and injuries are easier to recover from, and also lets brand new teams catch up a bit by giving them more time to develop. It also means teams play each other twice, giving you the chance to avenge losses. Of course, longer seasons do take longer, and you have to wait longer to try new teams if you don't like your current one.

Unique Races- Much less important than the first issue, I'm just keeping my ears open on the unique races rule. On the one hand it keeps things varied in small groups and there's plenty of races to choose from, on the other hand it's an arbitrary restriction.

For myself, I'll affirm that the Munchkins are returning for another season, I prefer unique races in small groups (like this one,) and I have no particular interest in how long the season ends up being (unless we end up with an odd number of coaches, in which case I'd vote for shorter season to minimize BYE weeks.) If I have to break a tie, I'll do it in favor of the shorter season.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2013, 11:36:18 pm »

Thanks for organizing everything monk!  No strong opinion on the format, but I'll bring the Axes back for another run :)

"The acquisition of Canada this year, as far as the neighborhood of Quebec, will be a mere matter of marching, and will give us the experience for the attack on Halifax, the next and final expulsion of England from the American continent." - President Thomas Jefferson.

I'd be rather surprised if you knew the quote, to be honest. The War of 1812 is up there with the War of the Triple Alliance in terms of obscurity.

Oh, yes, indeed.  I have a good friend who is an archaeologist and history buff, and we visited Cardiff Castle in Wales, where there is a military history museum.  The curator was thrilled to have a pair of Americans on hand, so he could show us the colors of our 4th Infantry lost to the Welsh regiment at Detroit.  And in great detail all the other honors bestowed on the Welsh regiment(s?) in that war, and the various failings of the American army in that battle and any others that came to mind.  Of course for the most part I don't remember too much of the details, except that the Welsh seem to have a particular weakness for goat mascots.  But I do remember him trying to tell us about the "mere matter of marching", several times over, because being Welsh, he was practically incomprehensible.  :D

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm up for more, and will stick with the pact. The season didn't go great SPP wise, so hopefully next season I can get some more stuff and end up with a more formidable team.

As for format, I think if we get more signups, we should favor a shorter season. If we get the same number (or less) then perhaps a longer season. Ten games is a good target, I feel.

As usual, I dislike the unique teams rule, but I have the team I want so I don't really care. It works alright with small player counts, but becomes untenable as signup increases.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2013, 09:24:42 am »

Oh, yes, indeed.  I have a good friend who is an archaeologist and history buff, and we visited Cardiff Castle in Wales, where there is a military history museum.  The curator was thrilled to have a pair of Americans on hand, so he could show us the colors of our 4th Infantry lost to the Welsh regiment at Detroit.  And in great detail all the other honors bestowed on the Welsh regiment(s?) in that war, and the various failings of the American army in that battle and any others that came to mind.  Of course for the most part I don't remember too much of the details, except that the Welsh seem to have a particular weakness for goat mascots.  But I do remember him trying to tell us about the "mere matter of marching", several times over, because being Welsh, he was practically incomprehensible.  :D

Heh. I probably should be less surprised that the Welsh fought in the War of 1812, but then again the British forces were always referred to as just Redcoats so obviously I just automatically thought that they were all British. Cardiff does sound very fun though, and I'd visit it if it wasn't halfway across the globe.

Anyways the Yucatan Shamblers is going to sit this season out to allow a Mere Matter of Marching to play for a bit. Hopefully I'll get a couple more draws than last season.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26