Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: Bay12 FUMBBL League- Taupe is Champion! Season Four Signups Open!  (Read 51138 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 FUMBBL League- Season Three Championship!
« Reply #345 on: March 19, 2015, 04:46:13 pm »

15 min to showtime folks.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 19, 2015, 05:50:19 pm »

I'm so proud of Herpes and his blocks. The little goblin that could.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 19, 2015, 06:06:52 pm »

And I'm stuck with a dilema. On one hand, Charming Kenny murdered the shit outta a minotaur. On the other hand, with his injuries and skills there's no reason to keep him onboard now that I have the cash to replace him.

Ah well, maybe he can get a job as a spokesperson for a brand of sword cleaner. Gotta trim the fat as they say. But he gets to stay until the others are healed, so maybe he'll pick up a double six roll on a skill up or something, and get to keep on the roster.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 19, 2015, 06:36:04 pm »

Is there no cash prize for winning a season? I was hoping to maybe get enough to repair the team by winning.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 19, 2015, 06:58:14 pm »

Just sign here- the Chaos Pact team coached by Taupe- has completed an impressive streak of 5 consecutive wins to capture the Season 3 championship! Congratulations to the victor, and thanks to everyone for playing each and every match of Season 3!

With that, we're now recruiting for Season Four! If you are new to the league or wish to play a new team next Season, then tell me your team's name so I can invite you to the group. If you wish to play with a team that has played in a Bay12 season before (for example, I intend to return with my Slann squad) then simply post your intention- your team is already in the group, so no further action is necessary.

And I'm stuck with a dilema. On one hand, Charming Kenny murdered the shit outta a minotaur. On the other hand, with his injuries and skills there's no reason to keep him onboard now that I have the cash to replace him.

Ah well, maybe he can get a job as a spokesperson for a brand of sword cleaner. Gotta trim the fat as they say. But he gets to stay until the others are healed, so maybe he'll pick up a double six roll on a skill up or something, and get to keep on the roster.

Heck, he's only got the -MA, and that's not so bad on a lineman. Stick him on the line of scrimmage in the middle of the field, and he should be in the thick of every play. If he doesn't roll doubles or a stat then you might think of cutting him when he levels up, but there's something to be said in favor of a player who killed a Big Guy on a big stage.

Is there no cash prize for winning a season? I was hoping to maybe get enough to repair the team by winning.

Unfortunately there is not- FUMBBL doesn't give me that option. The good news is that that sort of league management option is the current development focus by the FUMBBL team, so we should see that kind of functionality sooner than later (hopefully sometime this year.)

That said, I don't think it would be too unreasonable next season to create a dummy "Prize" team to give the Championship squad a free concession win- essentially a pair of bonus MVPs and some money. Do people think this sort of prize would be a worthwhile addition to Season 4?

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 19, 2015, 07:20:48 pm »

Just sign here- the Chaos Pact team coached by Taupe- has completed an impressive streak of 5 consecutive wins to capture the Season 3 championship! Congratulations to the victor, and thanks to everyone for playing each and every match of Season 3!

With that, we're now recruiting for Season Four! If you are new to the league or wish to play a new team next Season, then tell me your team's name so I can invite you to the group. If you wish to play with a team that has played in a Bay12 season before (for example, I intend to return with my Slann squad) then simply post your intention- your team is already in the group, so no further action is necessary.

Heck, he's only got the -MA, and that's not so bad on a lineman. Stick him on the line of scrimmage in the middle of the field, and he should be in the thick of every play. If he doesn't roll doubles or a stat then you might think of cutting him when he levels up, but there's something to be said in favor of a player who killed a Big Guy on a big stage.

Unfortunately there is not- FUMBBL doesn't give me that option. The good news is that that sort of league management option is the current development focus by the FUMBBL team, so we should see that kind of functionality sooner than later (hopefully sometime this year.)

That said, I don't think it would be too unreasonable next season to create a dummy "Prize" team to give the Championship squad a free concession win- essentially a pair of bonus MVPs and some money. Do people think this sort of prize would be a worthwhile addition to Season 4?

For season 4 yeah, but with the stipulation that you aren't allowed to reroll the "winnings". Failure to abide by this would result in forfeiting the ill gotten difference via cheer buy/sells, possibly with an extra 10 penalty or something. Thats my idea anyway.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 FUMBBL League- Taupe is Champion! Season Four Signups Open!
« Reply #351 on: March 19, 2015, 08:35:27 pm »

I don't feel like rejoining the league with an old team is that cool for newcomers. As a result, I've made a new group. Sons of Herpes.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 19, 2015, 08:44:50 pm »

I don't feel like rejoining the league with an old team is that cool for newcomers. As a result, I've made a new group. Sons of Herpes.

I would have thought that the two biggest teams in the league not even making the Championship game would have settled that debate, but who am I to turn away a Goblin team? Invite sent.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 19, 2015, 08:55:18 pm »

Sigmar's Saviors are coming back for another go, attempting to prove once and for all that Kill All Menz is a challenge, not a right.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 19, 2015, 10:32:06 pm »

Just popping in to say hi monk, and everyone, and apologize for disappearing for a long while.  Real life was kicking my ass for a while :P   

Congrats on season 3 Taupe!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 19, 2015, 10:56:48 pm »

Thank you very much!

I will actually be taking a break, to be honest. The time has come to start the new season of my own league, and that means spending the next weeks training our newcomers and repeatedly poking procrastinating friends. I've been brainstorming on a good Nurgle team, but I'm unsatisfied with what I've found so far. I'll be running the Sons of Herpes in this league instead, mostly because I'm very satisfied with the roster, and good names are what makes or break a team in a 15-ish match season.

It has been very fun playing with all of you, and altho I won't be joining the fourth season, I'll probably follow the matches closely! I may return later on for some more action, but not right now...

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 20, 2015, 11:09:19 am »

Sigmar's Saviors are coming back for another go, attempting to prove once and for all that Kill All Menz is a challenge, not a right.

Welcome back!

Just popping in to say hi monk, and everyone, and apologize for disappearing for a long while.  Real life was kicking my ass for a while :P   

Hi! Glad to see you're still alive! I hope all is well.

I will actually be taking a break, to be honest. The time has come to start the new season of my own league, and that means spending the next weeks training our newcomers and repeatedly poking procrastinating friends. I've been brainstorming on a good Nurgle team, but I'm unsatisfied with what I've found so far. I'll be running the Sons of Herpes in this league instead, mostly because I'm very satisfied with the roster, and good names are what makes or break a team in a 15-ish match season.

It has been very fun playing with all of you, and altho I won't be joining the fourth season, I'll probably follow the matches closely! I may return later on for some more action, but not right now...

Sorry to hear that Taupe, I hope to play with you again one day.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 20, 2015, 11:39:34 am »

Congrats Taupe!

Bit of a shameful display on my part, though considering my luck I should probably be glad I at least got two draws. Not sure if I'm joining the next tournament (scheduling is a bitch), though considering just how many star players, bribes, and bombers I get to play if I do join, I just might.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 20, 2015, 11:40:22 am »

I'll sign up with my Chaos Pact. I'd make a new team, but I'm lazy, so... yeah. I should still be in the group, but I don't know how that all works. Time zone's EDT (GMT -4).
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 20, 2015, 03:28:31 pm »

Congrats Taupe!

Bit of a shameful display on my part, though considering my luck I should probably be glad I at least got two draws. Not sure if I'm joining the next tournament (scheduling is a bitch), though considering just how many star players, bribes, and bombers I get to play if I do join, I just might.

Dwarves are rough to start out with. Lots of block and tackle, sure, but very slow with no mobility or ball handling skills makes for rough sledding in the W/L column. They're better once they get some levels (which can take a while since SPP mostly comes from CAS) but it's not an easy team to start with at low TV, nor an easy one for new players.

I'll sign up with my Chaos Pact. I'd make a new team, but I'm lazy, so... yeah. I should still be in the group, but I don't know how that all works. Time zone's EDT (GMT -4).

Welcome back! Assorted Nuts is indeed still in the group, so you don't have to do anything further.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26