Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: A New Age Begins (IC)  (Read 17439 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: A New Age Begins (IC)
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2013, 10:32:23 pm »

Kyle hauls out an old radio from the below deck.
"Good thing I found this place, it has so many useful things."
Kyle plugs it in and fiddles with the knobs finding a channel that had some chatter on it.
"Hello? this is the U.S.S Eden looking for a pick up from off the coast of Tampa Bay, over and out."

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2013, 10:33:11 pm »

"I might be." His eyes flash golden, and stay that way, becoming pools of liquid color. "I'm afraid I don't have a clue as to who you might be." A muffled thump sounds in the background, followed by the wailing of klaxons. "Oh, Ancestors. What now? I'll be back to discuss the terms of our agreement later, 'Elder'. Ancestors protect." With that, Xaren's screen goes blank, and he rushes off to find the cause of the explosion.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2013, 10:37:57 pm »

Oh dear. I wonder what that could be?

Anyways...Alkus, you said you were? How do you do this fine--for some of us--day?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2013, 10:52:17 pm »

Relatively well considering I just got appointed the person responsible for all foreign policy on my country's behalf. Are you well?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 11:07:07 pm »

Kyle is currently in the bowling ally just because.
Over the intercom one of the killjoys starts speaking
"Boss, could you come topside?"
Kyle sighs and goes above deck.
"What is it?" Kyle asks all huffy that someone interrupted his attempt at a perfect game.
"We got the boats working... but I was curious about something else."
Kyle pinches the bridge of his nose and shake his head. "What is it, ensign?"
The killjoy looks down and mutters, "Can humans have sex with dragons?"
Kyle looks up in surprise. "I... do not know, I never studied dragon physiology. But we will talk about this later, have every one grab their masks and guns and lets go to Kansas!"
The ensign looks at him confused, "Umm... not that I doubt you tactical genius but, why Kansas?"
Kyle looks up and says, "I heard over the radio that there is a terrorist group there, if we take them out we can get favor with the leaders and possibly an audience with the current leader."
The ensign had walked away when he started to ramble to tell the others about the plan.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2013, 06:14:48 am »

As well as I can be having just discovered that half of the corpse of my great-great-great-granddaughter is being used as the mascot for a terrorist group. Do you have any such groups in your domain?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2013, 10:15:40 am »

There is one in our territory called the Aniur Redication that we know of; I'll be taking care of them soon enough. I don't think they've done anything particularly bad apart from their entirely too liberal views on dragon/human mating; their leader himself has a human mate. And there is a significantly more violent group in Russia that we'll have to deal with once we begin negotiations.
Sig! Onol

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2013, 03:43:54 pm »

A soft, hot wind blows through fields of olive trees. Beneath the cliffs, the sea crashes into small, isolated beaches. A few ruined hotels, a decaying pier and a small village are all that remembers of the glory days of these islands. But appearances can be deceptive. A carefull observer with a good memory would notice that there was a hill on the island that hadn't been there several years ago. An even better observe would notice that it wasn't a hill, but instead 3 seperate objects, with 2 smaller ones huddling against the largest.

The people now gathering beneath the twin hulls of the Libertitas knew that weren't such observers for miles around, and were confident that even if the active Cameleon camouflage couldn't protect them, the ship's defenses would. Despite this, the gathering happened in an uneasy silence, as if all knew that something unordinary was going to happen.

Above them, the meeting was nearing completion. The captains of all 3 vessels were present, as well as the highest ranking officers, and a single representative of the civilian population.
So Gentlemen, let's go over this a last time. We're low on supplies, underarmed, devoid of proper maintenance facilities, and surrounded by enemies. Not much different from the past 30 years, but time is against us. If I recall correctly, then you, Mister Fredericks, The Captain pauses momentarily, his gaze crossing with that of the civilian representative. would like us to surrender ourselves to the most benevolent Dragon empire we can find. A Suggestion I will keep in mind.

Our dear Captain Williams would like to turn to action, ambushing some lightly defended military bases to restock, and then overwhelm a hopefully suprised enemy with the aid of other rebel groups. Captain De Gaulle on the other hand, would like to set course Russia, and scavenge for supplies from their derelict fleets and bases. Anyway, I hope we can all agree that something needs to be done. It's been almost 30 years since the attack, and if we want to fight, it's now, or never. Gentlemen, everyone of you knows his tasks, go and prepare yourselves. We will fly at dusk.

Everyone left the room, to inform the citizens, prepare the ship for departure, and some simply to walk on land for what might be the last time for a long while. The Captain remained behind, sitting at his desk. He listened to the soft hum that could be heard through the entire ship. The sound of it's metal heart, embedded deep in it's center, a small nuclear power core. A heart that beat slowly, and was getting slower by the day. A nuclear powercore can last a long while, and though it would be years till this one stopped, time had come for a replacement.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:08:12 am by 10ebbor10 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2013, 07:03:03 pm »

There is one in our territory called the Aniur Redication that we know of; I'll be taking care of them soon enough. I don't think they've done anything particularly bad apart from their entirely too liberal views on dragon/human mating; their leader himself has a human mate. And there is a significantly more violent group in Russia that we'll have to deal with once we begin negotiations.
Um...see, there's this problem with that. I'm planning to go for a "Dragons are better than anarchy" campaign to discredit this one group and future ones like it, and it hurts said campaign if there are dragons punishing humans for "too-liberal views" on much of anything. Could you be so kind as to not persecute said group save for any actual crimes they have committed? I'd be willing to help with the group in Russia; I'll send my great-great-grandniece to negotiate the details. She's a nice woman, spent her young adulthood in northern Europe. Would this be acceptable?
Sig

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2013, 07:15:12 pm »

Puffer presses a button on his desk, and an intercom buzzes to life.

Jens.

Yes, Sire?

Bring me a report on our war Researsh and Development Department.

Yes, Sire.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2013, 10:13:23 pm »

Kellarn smacks his 'lips'. That was a truly grand feast...mutton from ireland, and apparently they shipped in three tons of cardamom for the dessert from what was once Syria. Decadent indeed. As any dragon is after eating a large meal, the Ambassador-Count of Foreign Relations was drowsy now, but he had work to do. Sighing, he waved for his slave, Culisse, to come over. When she did, hesitant and timid as always, he suppressed a sigh, partially because it likely would have carried neuro-toxins in it...his kind never could fully stop breathing out poison. It was one of the reason environmentalists had advocated for killing them, a few dozen years ago, before the Draconic Coup. But also because he wished that she would be more forthright and courageous...take inititative! He liked her, he really did, but she needed to prove her worth to society before becoming more than a slave, and currently it was a bit harder for a Hume than a Drake. Hatchlings tended to prove themselves in the course of getting girls, as children weren't allowed to be slaves, and dragon adolescents could often be quite accomplished, unlike most human teenagers...the Brown Dragon(properly known as Mottled Forest-Leapers, but fuck that as a name. Sounds like they're hippies.) winced a bit. Technically they weren't slaves, but rather 'state indentured servants'. As were a very few dragons, mostly ones who fucked up really badly in positions of power.

Shaking his comparatively small head -only as large as Culisse's body, rather than her car- he spoke very softly, so as not to hurt her ears; it still sounded harsh and loud to her, he could tell though, from the way she cringed back. "Culisse, could you please fetch me a spot of tea? Caffeinated, of course. And inform Dame Ituis that I'll see her in a few hours. His Royal Majesty, in all his undoubted wisdom, wants me to begin discussions with some of the more recently emerging countries." "Yes sir," she replied, and handed him a clipboard as large as her torso, though it was still rather small to him. Then she scampered off. At least he could hear her now...dragons didn't have the best hearing, and when a greenist bomb had been set off next to his head during the 60's...Oh well.

What was needed...oh wonderful. A briefing on Thursday. Just what he needed...More wet-work. As if he didn't have enough paperwork to deal with too...Well...Henry could handle this new 'Golden Realm'. They didn't seem to hate humes like some other nations did, and he was a good negotiator. He'd probably need to talk to Kymore personally though, and should deal with the New African Unification Movement ((The nation who also claims Iberia)) soon. They were getting feisty, and it wouldn't do to have an international incident so soon after the last time. Barlut could go to East Asia, talk to the Lungs and the Franchisers around the same time. Unfortunately, they also wanted him to contact some rebel groups. Russia was getting a bit pushy over Scandinavia, and they had some juicy tidbits...apparently, some of their spies said there was a thriving group there, and if they needed funding, the UNNEDM, or the Kingdom as everyone called it, could provide it with their good economy. And noone could fault them for moving in the prevent the rebellion from spreading once it took root...by the time the Czar-Drake realized the real reason their troops were there, it'd be a bit too late. The terrorists might even welcome such a change of pace; His Majesty never killed humans without good reason. Rebellion would shatter the nation, so he tried to keep everyone as happy as possible. Which meant equal rights for humans and dragons, though what ended up happening is dragons having fewer, but the existing prejudice against humans still prevailing...The dragon did sigh, this time, habitually breathing the poison plume back in before it could affect anyone. A nearby potted plant did die, though. Sad. He'd have to talk to someone about reimbursing the owner. Another thing on the mental checklist...

The forty foot drake stretched his wings, plenty of space for such a small dragon on the wide streets her in London. His kind could only really glide; their wings were meant to lower the effective body weight while running, rather than actual flight, but he though he could make it over this row of houses, to get nearer to the wing port.

((I feel like planes for dragons would be motorized systems and semi-hang gliders to attach to their wings to help them go long distances more easily, rather than actual pressurized things. Tanks would be slow, purposefully heavy and very armored, but with good tracking systems, meant mainly to counter dragons, who could decimate light vehicles and infantry. Warfare is changed, as is SO much by the addition of dragons))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 10:58:41 pm »

Um...see, there's this problem with that. I'm planning to go for a "Dragons are better than anarchy" campaign to discredit this one group and future ones like it, and it hurts said campaign if there are dragons punishing humans for "too-liberal views" on much of anything. Could you be so kind as to not persecute said group save for any actual crimes they have committed? I'd be willing to help with the group in Russia; I'll send my great-great-grandniece to negotiate the details. She's a nice woman, spent her young adulthood in northern Europe. Would this be acceptable?
Very. While Kymore as it is is rather isolationist, I see my post as an poopetunity to expand our horizons. Tell your niece to be careful, dragons have been known to dissapear in Russia if alone. I'm just trying to flush them out as of now; I'll mainly be dealing with the two within our borders. While we're on the topic, is there any supply you particularly need at the moment? I'm interested in opening up trade with other nations.
Sig! Onol

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2013, 07:00:33 am »

As Xaren is sitting at his computer, working, a knock comes on his door again. Enter, he calls out, engrossed in his work. This time, it's an essay on Quantum Mechanics that's grabbed his attention. Lily comes in again, carrying her clipboard. Yes, Lily? What is it? The girl clears her throat before speaking.
Sir, have you heard about the one group in Russia?
You mean the one responsible for killing dragons? Yes, your point?
I've heard rumors about them, the Russians I mean.
Haven't I told you not to trust rumors?
Well, I did some research into it, and they're all mostly true.
So, what you're suggesting is that I give funding-
To the group, yes.
Why?
Because, Lily says, a smirk appearing on her face, If they win, we'll have another potential avenue for trade. Xaren strokes his chin, thinking.
Fine, He eventually says, But I want a Peacekeeper going. Just in case.
Lily smiles and nods. Just in case. She echoes.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2013, 02:58:05 pm »

Very. While Kymore as it is is rather isolationist, I see my post as an poopetunity to expand our horizons. Tell your niece to be careful, dragons have been known to dissapear in Russia if alone. I'm just trying to flush them out as of now; I'll mainly be dealing with the two within our borders. While we're on the topic, is there any supply you particularly need at the moment? I'm interested in opening up trade with other nations.
Firstly, I was planning to send my great-great-grandniece to you, not Russia. Aren't you farther west? Secondly...hm. What kinds of goods do you specialize in?
And as for flushing out the terrorists...hm, tricky. What all do you know about them?
Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2013, 03:49:07 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9