Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: A New Age Begins (IC)  (Read 17949 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: A New Age Begins (IC)
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2013, 04:04:08 pm »

Sir?
Hm? What is it?
There's a message, it sounds urgent.
Let me see that...it certainly does. One moment, Alkus. This is more time-sensitive than you.
He shuts off the communicator for a period.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He turns the communicator back on.
Alright, sorry about that. Anyways...aren't you not old Russia, what goods could you offer, and what do you know about the terrorists?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2013, 12:49:29 pm »

*From deep within the jungles of South America*
"Ok men, we have secured this archaic base for ourselves. Containing a vast arsenal of destructive weapons, we will carve out a name in history for Rawran's Raiders. We will free our human brethren to install a new era of the world.

We shall first fix up our base to today's standards, and establish it as a proper base

Fix up base to proper living conditions, have people look for something to kill

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2013, 05:24:48 pm »

Sir?
Hm? What is it?
There's a message, it sounds urgent.
Let me see that...it certainly does. One moment, Alkus. This is more time-sensitive than you.
He shuts off the communicator for a period.
He turns the communicator back on.
Alright, sorry about that. Anyways...aren't you not old Russia, what goods could you offer, and what do you know about the terrorists?
We can trade in ores from our mountains until I can convince the Council to restart our industrial base. Currently there is one rebel group that we know of, called the Ainur Redication. It appears to be led by a younger dragon, probably going through teenage rejection of authority. They're a band of several hundred, but they're more moderate than the Russian group. There's also folk tales floating around the Mediterranian about a group of pirates. Most regard them as fable, but I'm going to investigate that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2013, 09:59:14 pm »

"I see. Well, what would you like in exchange for the ores?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2013, 10:07:14 pm »

What do you have to offer?
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2013, 11:26:49 pm »

"Well, we have some great farmland. Some of the best on the continent. And there's a pretty good meat industry...somehow, it never struck me how pathetic that sounds. Um...we also have some good iron, but you probably don't need that. We also have a bit of manufacturing."
Sig

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2013, 01:49:54 pm »

Xaren is sitting at his desk, searching through the dossiers of various Peacekeepers, trying to figure out which one to send to Russia when Lily's voice comes in through his intercom.
Sir. He presses the button to send.
"Yes, Lily?"
Head Councilor Ba'althazar is here to see you. Shall I tell him that you're engaged at the moment? Xaren sighs deeply and massages his temples with one hand.
"No. Send him in. I'll deal with him in person."
Very well.

Ba'althazar is a Red dragon, and a very proud and arrogant dragon at that. He strides through the office door imperiously, in human form, wearing a smug look on his face. Before he can even open his mouth to speak, however, Xaren cuts him off. "What do you need it for?" Ba'al stops dead in his tracks, a bemused look replacing the smug smirk he had worn mere seconds ago.
I'm sorry?
"I should hope so. The raise. Why do you need it?" When no immediate response comes, Xaren leans forwards in his chair, steepling his hands together. "I assume that you do, in fact, need the money and you are not here to waste my time? Because you know how much I hate people, be they dragon or human, who waste. My. Time."
Well, I don't have any pressing need for it-
"Then why are you here?"
Well... I... That is to say... Ba'al stammers, caught completely off guard by the bluntness of his superior.
"My answer is no. Good day."
This blatant dismissal proves to be the last straw for the board member. For a moment, he forgets who he's talking to. Now listen here! I am the Head Councilor of the Board of Directors! More importantly, I am a dragon! I will not-
"That's enough, Head Councilor Last I checked, I was the President of this company, and what I say goes. Is that not correct?" Ba'althazar goes pale, the blood draining from his face as he realizes just who he's talking to.
I'm sorry, sir. I forgot-
"Yes, yes. I understand. Tell me, though, why did you want the money?" The question comes out of the blue.
Um... I, uh... Err... I... I don't really know, sir. Instinct, I guess. Xaren scoffs at that.
"'Instinct', he says. I suppose next you'll be asking me to lower the employees' paychecks, saying that they should be honoured to toil away their days as our slaves."
Scorn, bitterness, and disappointment drip from every word.
Ba'al seems thoroughly offended by the idea. No, sir, never. I don't believe in that.
Xaren sighs deeply. "I know. You were one of my strongest supporters at first. However, I've recently learned that our so-called 'bloodless' takeover was anything but. Did you know that there were an estimated 43,000 orphans immidiately after the takeover in the Middle East? Double to triple that in Russia, and even more in China." The red dragon's eyes go wide. "It gets better. These 'dragons' did whatever they wanted in the periods of chaos and panic that followed. So now, most of the humans in these places view dragons as overgrown lizards that can fly and manipulate certain elements. Because those dragons gave in to their instincts." Ba'al gets the not-so-subtle hint.
I-I... I just... I didn't know... So many... I didn't know...
"Neither did I, Councilor. Neither did I." Ba'al begins to gather his wits, closing his mouth and letting the enormity sink in. His ruby eyes narrow in thought as he begins to pace back and forth in front of Xarens desk.
Is there anything that we could do to help? Xaren shakes his head sadly.He meets Ba'als' eyes, and the latter sees the righteous fury burning within.
"We may be too late to save them, Ba'althazar, but I swear by my ancestors that we will avenge them."
Curiosity sinks its' claws into Ba'al, and the Red cannot stop himself from asking, How? Xaren simply smiles in answer, and Ba'al knows that he's not going to get any answers. He bows respectfully before spinning on his heel and stalking from the room. A few seconds after the door closes, Xaren leans back into his chair, sighing. He opens the top left drawer of his desk and pulls out a glass and a bottle of Sake. He opens the bottle, pours some into the glass, and knocks it back. It's beginning to look like a long day.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 06:01:56 am by Fr0stByt3 »
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2013, 08:42:24 pm »

"Well, we have some great farmland. Some of the best on the continent. And there's a pretty good meat industry...somehow, it never struck me how pathetic that sounds. Um...we also have some good iron, but you probably don't need that. We also have a bit of manufacturing."
That all sounds very good. However, I'm going to have to take some time to consider if that's all right with you. You can't exactly negotiate treaties in a day, can you?
Alkus dips his head to the screen. I'll contact you once I've worked out a tally of things Kymore needs right now. Until then, elder.

That done, Alkus retrieves a digital pad of some sort and taps a few orders into it, then settles down, contemplating the treaties.

Orders:
>Send a small group of dragnets to investigate the Ainur Redication. Find out their location.
>Make contact with the Czar-dragons. Request information on the Russian insurgents.
>Welcome the elder's niece if she arrives and do my best to accommodate her within my manor.
>Send a group of dragonets to go to the fishing villages by the Mediterranean. Question the locals as to the validity of the tales of the Captain and crew.
>Send a reccomendation* to the Council to start up steel production factories in the industrial factories of former Germany. Advise* that they hire some crafts dragons to produce glass figurines, jewlery, etc.

*Hint that the Golden Realm may wish to become a trading partner. Imply wealth.

>Have a conclave of intelligent dragons begin reaserch into weapons, defense systems, etc. Just in case.

As for myself...
>Take the opportunity to converse with the Elder's niece if she arrives. Find out the general state of her country.
>Begin considering candidates among the local dragonets to become an apprentice.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2013, 09:59:57 pm »

"Of course. You can't build Rome in a day, now can you?"
Sig

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2013, 01:38:28 am »

*click*

S-Sire?

A voice from Puffer's intercom says hesitantly.

What.

Puffer says, more of a statement than a question.

What were your orders, again?

His secretary says. A human. Typical.

Need I repeat myself?

Silence. Puffer sighs and clicks his well-groomed talons against his large cherrywood desk.

Have the emissary plant her bugs. Then bug her room without her knowledge. And get me those goddamn reports on our factory productivities, raw materials harvesting, and military tech. Puffer says in a flat voice, his eyes betraying his anger.

Y-yes sire.

You're lucky I like you.

Thank you, sire.

*click*
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:55:51 pm by Pufferfish »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2013, 02:22:53 pm »

Turn Two

The Revolutionaries

Spoiler: Rawran's Raiders (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: D.E.T.H. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: the First Fleet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aniur Recedation (click to show/hide)

Draconic World Order

Spoiler: Kymore (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Golden Realms (click to show/hide)

In-Game Time That Will Pass Between This And The Next Turn: 1 Day
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:45:09 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2013, 02:40:21 pm »

They what? What happened? Well you all screwed up there, didn't you? We'll have to engage plan B now, and take things more slowly. Activate the Whale Shark Contingency! If we can't fight them openly, we'll have to retreat and dig our heels in, eh? In addition, our team will begin work on getting us up to strength. Remember, the most important thing is survival. If we can hold out, we can deal with the sharks at any time. For now, it's time to fade into the dark, where they can't find us.

The PSB goes completely undercover, changing its name to the Citizens for the Beaches of Safety. They relocate to Miami, and break all ties with the previous organization. A few people are covertly sent out to screen for new members and gather supplies, focusing on secrecy. The CBS also begin working on certain secret things not given in the IC thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2013, 02:42:52 pm »

"Alright killjoys we are leaving this evening to get to the mainland at night and under cover of darkness. Also while you wait I would appreciate my squad to paint the gasmasks with a clown motif. Also Venom when you get a chance please meet me in the bowling alley I have some questions about the worlds current geography."
Kyle leans back in his chair. then he gets up and heads for the bowling alley.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2013, 10:15:04 pm »

Commend the dukes for turning down the powers and create an entirely new organization. One staffed mainly by huamns, but with enough dragons to appease the racists and prevent abuse of power by humans. Give them such powers.

Also organize attempts to locate the terrorist groups and such.

Finally, contact the nobles of all other nations in the world and the more powerful NGOs to discuss how we can keep the peace, promote worldwide prosperity, stomp out terrorist groups, etc.

I'm uninspired tonight.
Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2013, 10:16:50 am »

The flight preparations had not gone as planned. Apparently, a bunch of animals had managed to get inside one of the engines, and cleaning out the turbines takes valuable time. With this second day of preparations, more time was spent looking for suitable locations to acquire more materials.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 02:08:46 am by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9