Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: A New Age Begins (IC)  (Read 17438 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
A New Age Begins (IC)
« on: April 16, 2013, 08:26:57 pm »

Turn 1: It Begins

In an alternate dimension to our reality, dragons are not things of myth and legend, they exist alongside humans.  The two societies warred upon each other at first, but eventually, the societies began to become more peaceful, and soon combined.  There were still wars, but they were between various nations containing both dragons and humans, rather than just one race against another.  Technology advanced at a fair rate, arriving at our modern age after only 4000 years of civilization.  Throughout this time, though, dragons had an agenda, it was long in unfolding, but at that time, they had gained control of all the major governments and corporations.  It did not take long, only a short war, for them to subjugate the entirety of the human race, turning them into slaves.  The dragons began ruling with an iron claw, they had dominated everything.  But, the inner spirit of the human race could not be quenched so easily.  Some of the humans and a few dragons who did not want what had happened began to form revolutionary factions in order to rise up against the oppressors.  And they would fight until their last breath was taken, or the human race was once again free.  In this time, some humans are beginning to exhibit abilities that have not been seen amongst them before.  Either way this conflict goes, a new age is beginning.

It is currently January 1, 4032 S.C.  12:00 PM GMT.  For some, the day has just begun, for others, the day is ending.

In-Game Time That Will Pass Between This And The Next Turn: 1 Day

Spoiler: World Map (WIP) (click to show/hide)

Revolutionaries

Spoiler: Rawran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe Bridger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Coria (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Captain (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Raven (click to show/hide)

Draconic World Order

Spoiler: Alkus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Elder Wyrm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Xaren (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Puffer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Killarn (click to show/hide)

Unaffiliated

Spoiler: Ziz (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:25:21 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: A New Age Begins (IC)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 08:30:22 pm »

Hello everybody!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 09:01:28 pm »

So what happens first?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 09:03:25 pm »

So what happens first?

(You post the actions that your group or nation is going to take over the next in-game day.  When everyone has posted, one day will advance, and the turn will be posted.  It is preferable to see posts from the character's point of view, with orders being given, rather than using a list, but this is not required.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 09:19:13 pm »

(Okay so you know bold is announcements on the P.A. system, italics are personal actions, and regular is normal talking and such.)
Kyle looks around the room in pride of his final fixing of the P.A. system, his father was right about the abundance of unneeded wire. He clears his throat and prepares to give his opening speech.
"Look alive, Sunshine. 109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit, you're here with me: Dr. Death Defying! I'll be your surgeon, your proctor, your helicopter, pumpin' out the slaughtermatic sounds to keep you alive. A system failure for the masses, empty matter for the master plan! Louder than God's revolver and twice as shiny, this one's for all of you rock'n'rollers, all you crash queens and motor babies, Listen up! The future is bulletproof! The aftermath is secondary! It's time to do it now and do it loud! Killjoys, make some noise!"
There is cheering from the deck and Venom let's out a great roar.
Kyle leans back in his chair and smirks.
"Okay, now that we are up and running I want all available people to work on getting the life boats sea worthy!"
And with that everyone scatters to get things rolling.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 09:30:06 pm »

...very well. Actions here later.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 09:40:54 pm »

Sir.
Yes, Duke Karenthe?
It's that Bridger moron again. He's been causing trouble. And those rumors...of the gold dragon...
Go on!
...It was Abraxus.
Sir?
Bridger must die. He's a threat to my image as a trustworthy leader, a threat to human rights, a threat to public safety, and as it turns out, a threat to the metallic dragons. Where is he?
In Duke Ozymandias's realm, somewhere.
The green dragon with an obsession with wind magic?
The very same, sir.
Bring me Oz.
Yes, sir.
In the meantime, send messengers to Xaren, Alkus, and Albior...and Killarn, I guess. I wish to meet with them. (And the other New Order dragons, of course--those are just a few which already has sheets up.)
Of course.
And send for Bamut.
Not a problem. Anything else?
No, further orders will be issued to Bamut. You may go.
Thank you, sir. BAMUT! THE ELDER HAS ORDERS!
You called, sir?
Yes. I have orders...
Firstly, contact the Parliament and the media. Inform them, and by proxy the general public, that a terrorist cell known as the People For The Safety of Beaches are attempting to overthrow the government and replace it with total anarchy. While you're at it, have the media bureau create and distribute videos incorporating clips of the last war, including both lone dragons or small flights massacring humans and battles between flights wreaking devastation on cities below, to show that having a single reasonable dragon in control is far superior for everyone involved to having no force which can control marauding dragons. This will build public support for the government--any government, especially one like ours which treats them well. Also, send patrols composed entirely of indigenous drakes to attempt to determine if there are any other terrorist groups present in the Golden Realm.
...Got it. Anything else, sir?
Um...yes, now that you mention it. I do believe it is time for us to perform a central, anonymous poll to determine the public's greatest needs, desires, and fears.
Anything else?
Not for the moment.

-----

Welcome, Duke Ozymandias.
O revered Elder, I am graced to be in your presence. What may I do to be of service to you?
Alright, the recording devices are off; we can speak normally.
Thank Tia--sorry, sir.
I may be agnostic, but I support freedom of religion. Thank whomever you like.
Certainly, sir. What caused you to summon me?
Look at this.
...Is this a dragon?
Half of one. Not alive.
...Did you know him?
Yes. He was one of my descendants--great-great-grandchild, triple-great...I didn't know him that well--after so many millenia, you lose track of your progeny.
I hope I live long enough to experience that.
As do I; you're quite reasonable for your kind.
Thank you, sir.
Do you know who killed her?
I'd heard something called the Something for the Protection of Beaching or something, lead by an archmage...but I don't have conclusive proof of much.
I do. The People For The Safety of Beaches, they are, supposedly lead by an "archmage" of some sort...though I find this improbable.
Yes?
I am giving Dukes greater powers for the purpose of apprehending terrorists. This is primarily for your use; I'm trusting you to both use discretion and to keep an eye on others. Inform me if they are being abused.
Is there anything else?
Just details, but you can read those later. You flew all the way to the Windy City; we might as well chat. How's your lovely mate?...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 05:38:21 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 05:59:31 am »

(PTW for now)
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 10:29:50 am »

(PTW and will edit for turn if accepted.)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 12:46:40 pm »

Her work was tiring, as always.

True, it wasn't too hard, really. Hauling food for the 'Glorious Masters' from the kitchens to the transports that would carry them through the rest of the trip, baking simple meals for the other servants, cleaning the house (which was by far the hardest of the jobs, by and large the lizards lived in modified palaces and the like, she'd managed to be placed in the household of the biggest lizard of them all, in what used to be the royal palace, way back in the days of the czars. He called himself that, too. The Czar Drakonov. A massive, bloated, vile creature, with scales black as a moonless, starless night, as lazy and useless as the old aristocrats... how very fitting.

Of course, this little servant girl, so sweet, so kind, even now, had a little secret. You see, she was a lot more than one would give her credit for. Tonight would be a very special night, one of the nights she would give orders to her troops. yes, her troops. Beneath the city, far below its decadence and its ugly beauty, there was a series of tunnels, built by one of the old Czars, to hide, among other things, his library, which by the time that the Dragons took over, still hadn't been found.

Within these tunnels, her people dwell. A small number, for now, as freeing people entirely from draconic domination was a tricky business. If one was seen returning to the tunnels, it would likely ruin any chance of their survival... one of their greatest assets was their ability to move freely through the city, though their innumerable causeways and tunnels, without the dragons being any the wiser. Of course, they also could not come in after them, the tunnels were much too narrow for that.

of course, the lizards knew of them. How could they not, with so many Russian lizard bastards turning up dead with nice big spikes rammed through their brainpans? But they didn't know anything about them. They knew about the group, but they knew nothing about how it was formed, its goals, its leadership... and they damn sure didn't know that it was led by a ten-year-old slave.

So, in the dead of night, she writes a letter to her people, to her Knights.

Kviixmrkw xs qc jvmirhw erh jeqmpc amxlmr xli ievxl. M avmxi xlmw xs csy mr kssh jemxl, erh mr lstiw xlex mx jmrhw csy aipp. Xli Pmdevhw lezi fiir pirmirx xlmw aiio, lezmrk pmxxpi xs gsqtpemr efsyx, erh jsv xlmw M eq kpeh, jsv qygl qsvi erh M pmoipc asyph lezi wrettih. Csyv vitsvxw aivi aipgsqih, xlsykl xlic lezi psrk wmrgi fiir fyvrih. Ew jsv syv stivexmsrw, M liev asvh xlex er mqtsvxerx iqqmwevc mw gsqmrk xs xli gmxc xlmw jsppsamrk aiio. Oiit er ici jsv lmq, erh wlsyph li fi epsri, ipmqmrexi lmq. Xli Vizspyxmsr ampp rsx gsqi uymgopc, fyx alir wygl e wmxyexmsr tviwirxw mxwipj xs yw, ai gerrsx lipt fyx xeoi mx. M lezi wirx xlmw qmwwmzi amxl e csyrk wivzerx kmvp reqih Ipmgme, tpiewi xviex liv omrhpc fijsvi vixyvrmrk liv xs xli wyvjegi, erh viqiqfiv xlex mx qywx fi hsri fc xli irh sj xli rmklx.

Mr epp hyi jemxl erh lsrsv,
Gsvme Eppeve Zmgxsvme

She then takes her pen and marks the corner of the paper with a letter C, then folds it into four sections and heads off to deliver it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:40:41 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 04:09:30 pm »

It was time to act. Those sharks were everywhere, and they needed to be stopped. A message was received that The Great Duke himself had gotten wind of the operation, and was planning to sabotage. This had to be stopped.

Alright, men, listen up! Those sharks are getting to be a nuisance to great to be ignored! There is but one course of action to take, and that is to begin the fight! We have intercepted communications that indicate a messanger is being sent to the seat of government in the area, to turn the very people against us! Bring Thermometer and Leonidas, along with two riders and twenty infantry, and go to intercept them! Twelve of the infantry will carry Retribution Pikes, and the other eight Tenderizers. Give the riders Tenderizers as well, and outfit our friends with their dual Thunderbolts. Then make haste and kill the patrol. Meanwhile, eight of you will go on a covert mission to the message's destination with this set of duplicate tapes, promoting the PSB. The remaining of us will split into two teams. Team One will acquire more weapons for the fight. Team Two will attempt to acquire new recruits and donations from the nearby area. Together, we can clear the beaches of our beloved country! Go forth and serve for our people!

Thus the PSB set out to stop the tyrannical Gold Dragon and his vile regime of evil.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 07:54:02 pm »

Xaren stood looking out of his office window, in the human form that he has worn for most of his life. He chuckles suddenly, amused at his choice of words. 'Worn', as f this form was a shirt. 'Worn', as if he'd chosen to do so. The rising sun paints the sky red, shimmering over the Tokyo skyline like a symbol of days gone by. The dragon is shaken from his reverie by a knock on his door.
"Enter." His secretary walks into the room, carrying a clipboard under her arm. "Ah, Lily! Punctual, as always. What's this?" Xaren asks as he takes the clipboard from her outstretched hand, gives it a once-over, and hands it back.
"First item on the list is from the board of directors." Xaren waves at her to continue as he takes a sip of his coffee. "They all want raises." Xaren inhales sharply while taking another sip of coffee. This proves o be a bad idea, as he immediately begins to cough.
"Again? But I just gave them raises last month! Deny, and next item." Xaren finally splutters out. Lily smirks as she scribbles something on the clipboard, then speaks again.
"Okay, next item is a message from a dragon who calls himself 'The Elder Wyrm'. He wants to arrange a meeting." Xaren nods in confirmation. "That's all there is for the moment. I'll leave you to it, sir." Lily bows before leaving Xaren alone. The dragon walks over to his state-of-the-art computer, cracking his joints as he does so. He sits down heavily, sighing deeply as he does so. He takes a moment to study his reflection before he powers up the computer and arranges the meeting with 'The Elder Wyrm'. Meanwhile, the R&D Department continues doing R&D on various projects. Really, it's just business as usual.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 05:41:14 am by Fr0stByt3 »
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 08:43:28 pm »

Sir? We have a visitor.
Who is it? If it's tha--
It's Xaren. The CEO of--
I know. Let him in.

"Greetings, Xaren. Might I ask how you are today?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 08:49:06 pm »

He cracks his neck and knuckles before replying. "Oh, fine. The Board is getting on my back, asking for raises again. Yourself?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 09:15:02 pm »

"Oh, I'm about as fine as can be, all things considering. Um...check your e-mail. If I did it right, you should be getting an e-mail which has a picture. Open it if you dare.

...Now, tell me, what does that look like to you?
Sig
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9