Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: A New Age Begins (IC)  (Read 17411 times)

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A New Age Begins (IC)
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2013, 10:43:19 am »

Attempt to start border conflicts between Kymore and the UNNE via stirring up French and Occitan Pan-Nationalists and sending anonymous letters to the Right and Most Honorable Kymoran Department of State Propaganda*, some of which will be delivered by bird and some of which will be "accidentally" fall out of the birds' talons into the hands of UNNE border guards.

Assign 15 of the humans to try to map out the entirety of the Mines of Paris. An additional team of 10 humans will be tasked with the job of researching a way to train pigeons to make coordinated poop attacks.

The remaining humans will continue their regular duties such as: improving the mines and tunnels, mining, securing food sources, etc.

The dragons will analyze the costs, risks, and benefits of merchant banking.

I don't feel like doing IC right now.

((OOC:*Which should totally exist.))

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2013, 10:03:20 am »

((IC later))

Actions:
Increase security nation-wide.
Have the Peacekeepers begin to investigate these "Accidents".
Hold a service for the researchers who died and pay compensation to their families.
Institute a curfew for 10:00 at night, at which time cameras will be turned on city-wide, providing constant live feed.

I will contact the Elder Wyrm and inform him of the "accident", as well as look through the dossiers of my Peacekeepers to find the one best suited for going to Russia.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2013, 10:24:44 am »

((IC later. Yay trend!))

ACTIONS:
Contact the Japanese state about the incident. If theirs was similar...

Tell my emissary to start trade negotiations, as planned.

Get those factories that are out of commission up and running again!

Get the Honorable Dragon Legion up and active.
Spoiler: stuff that's secret IC (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2013, 12:18:52 pm »

Alkus stretched his neck straight out, relishing the feeling as he watched the UNNE plane land. There had been quite the kerfuffle when the border guards had reported the plane flying overhead, settled only when the plane's occupant had radioed ahead - as a diplomat. That was odd; Kymore and the UNNE had been at odds for quite some time, and seeing any contact was unusual, to say the least. He turned to Alsha, a dragonet he'd brought to the airfield, and said, Alsha, could you go greet the diplomat and bring him to me? Be polite. He settled down on his haunches, reflecting on what he'd done in the past day.
He'd...
>Sent out dragonet scouts to all nations in Eurasia, to gain a better idea of the relative power levels between nations
Attempted to discern how much of a connection the neice had to the Gold Wyrm
>Gladly shared his familial history (such as he knew it) with her, and taken her on a tour of the surrounding countryside and locations of interest
>Contacted some businessdragons (or humans, as it may be) in the Golden Realm, and seen how they would feel about trading with Kymore
>Gauged the strength of Kymorian military
>Sent out more search parties, to different locations - and kept a few dragonets in the fishing village, on watch for TERRORISM the rebels, just in case
>Attempted to further narrow the field of apprentice candidates
>Proposed trade with the Czar dragons
>Met with the UNNE diplomat
- this one he was doing now.
Noticing the ambassador walking dowards him, he straightened his neck, flared out his ruff, and walked over to the ambassador, a friendly expression - as far as dragons have them - and tone of voice on him.
Greetings, ambassador! How are you?
Begin talks with ambassador - Rolepgeek.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:05:51 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2013, 06:09:13 am »

Xaren presses the button on his intercom. Lily, could you please send Ba'al up to my office?
Certainly, sir.
Half an hour later, the red dragon steps through the door in human form. You asked to see me?
Xaren nods. Yes. Surely you've heard of the... accidents, by now?
The Red nods. Xaren sighs and gets up from his chair. Can I trust you, Ba'al? Ba'al is taken aback by the question, but still answers quickly.
Yes, sir. You can trust me. Xaren smiles sardonically.
Good. Now then, due to recent events, I'll be departing for a.... business trip, soon. You'll be in charge while I'm gone. Ba'al is understandably shocked by the bombshell. He quickly regains control of himself, though, and Xaren knows that he made the right choice.
How long will you be gone?
I don't know. I'll contact you daily with my orders, though, so you won't be flying blind. Ba'al nods, relief evident on his face at that last revelation.
Thank you, sir. When are you leaving? Xaren looks Ba'al in the eyes. Barely contained rage bubbles beneath his calm exterior, held in check mainly by the grim determination to find out who would attack his people, why they would do such a thing, and then make them pay.
As soon as possible. First, however, I want to make a statement to the public about this.
Should I get a convoy ready? The 'Warlords' are getting more and more confident in their raids. Xaren shakes his head.
No. I go alone. I've dealt with bandits before. Ba'al nods, knowing that there's no way to change his friends' mind when it comes to these things. He stands up and bows.
Thank you, sir. Have a nice trip. Xaren waits until Ba'al is gone before responding.
I plan to.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2013, 09:12:32 pm »

Kellarn leaned back in his lounge chair, stretching and shaking his neck. It hurt, still, from the four hour flight; his species was not one whose wings were suited for long flights. The bones and tendons in that area couldn't take the strain of holding the entire body aloft. Not to say that they were vestigial. The dragon grinned as he was that Brown Dragons were the fastest land animal on the planet. Their 'full' name was the Tan Mottled Forest Runner, and for good reason. They could reach speeds of 90 miles per hour in a sprint, and the world record holder for sprinting was Heitul Grandth, who could reach an amazing 143.2 mph. There were faster animals in the air of course, but the wings Kellarn bore were not meant to fly; rather, they lifted jus enough weight off the ground so that a Brown Dragon could put all of their considerably powerful leg muscles towards going forward, rather than up as well. The drakes ran remarkably similarly to cheetahs, and...Kellarn ruffled his spines as he tried to get off that train of thought. He had more important things to do than daydream.

"Culisse? Can you book a flight to Kymore for tomorrow? I need to conduct some diplomacy there." he said in a normal tone of voice. For a dragon, that is. The girl, two rooms away and behind three doors, could hear him easily, though. "And fetch me my head-set, please. Thank you, love." Kellarn smiled gratefully as she obeyed swiftly, though the teeth and odor didn't help. Dragons brushed their teeth, of course, but Brown Dragons never quite stopped breathing poison, and though you could build a resistance to it if you lived around them long enough, nothing could get rid of the stench.

The drake settled back, feeling the sun on his scales a bit too much, and they rippled through several shades of gray, blue, and brown before settling on a dim, but pale, gold. Dragons were warm-blooded, but as most lacked fur, they tended to live in more tropical climates. Forest Runners had developed a different way of regulating their body heat. Setting the device onto his head, he felt his spines flinch involuntarily as the cold metal touched, looking for the implant jack. When it found it, he didn't gasp, as the jack was made of metal, and he couldn't feel it sliding in until the faint mental hum told him it was ready to go. Quickly accessing the net with practiced eye movments and tongue twitches, Kellarn composed an email swiftly, and sent it to various nations. Within it was a generalized wish for new meetings and talks between the UNNE and the other draconic nations, in the face of these new rebellious threats and terrorist organizations.

Kellarn detached from the set with a grimace, looking through his mind to ensure no hackers had managed to corrupt his memories. All agents of the Crown were trained and proficient cyber-hackers, and they knew how to protect themselves and ensure they hadn't been compromised by potentially deadly inter-viruses. Satisfied, the dragon rose up and began the lumbering walk to his large computer screen, which he used when he needed to make a video call. More expressive than most species of dragon, brown dragons liked visual communications as much as or more than most humans. He needed to talk with the RSE, or more specifically their research and development section. They were always researching countless things, but he wanted to know the progress on some of the more outstanding projects. One of their scientists even claimed he'd found a way to reverse gravity. As his test material had simply exploded, it was yet to be determined whether his claim as true, and if so, whether it would be at all useful.

-------------------------

Elsewhere...

Northern Norway, 4:37 AM.

"...it Steve, we all know you're full of it." "I'ss true! A Himalayan dragon, too!" A third man interjects above the two, manning the turret of the vehicle. "Steven Jfordlager, you're a liar, and a bad one at that. You did not have sex with a shifted dragon, of any kind." "Now now, Joseph, let's be fair. Maybe he found a Komodo at the zoo." As Steve turned bright red and drew in a breath to protest, a blazing streak of light flashed across the dark village, and struck the Scorpio class walker in it's tail turret, where the three of them were talking. They died instantly, and as the rest of the crew struggled to find where the attack had come from, two more warheads burst out of hidden positions, one of which was fooled into striking an automatically deployed decoy and exploded harmlessly. The other hit the munitions storage. A brilliant ball of fire illuminated the are, showing several dozen humans and two dragons with assault weapons and armor overwhelming a small group of vehicles and infantry accompaniment. After the fighting ended, one of the dragons looked down at a surviving UNNE soldier, and crushed his head beneath a claw. "Operation Aurora Phoenix 4 is a go, sir."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 12:29:13 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2013, 09:25:12 pm »

(Not going to bother with making this in character.)

Kyle thanks the man he talked to and tries to find a way to be able to talk without removing his gasmask.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2013, 01:59:57 am »

((I'm going to wait until Turn Three to jump in.))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2013, 04:12:15 pm »

How... annoying. Seems that they'd failed. Oh, well, at least they weren't followed. They'd go underground again, wait for an opportunity to strike should it come to them, as standard orders.

The girl frowns, propping her head up on an arm as she takes a moment to rest from her work, breathing out slowly. She'd had a long day, lots of work... now she was back in her quarters, and had enough time to scribble down a few short orders for the following weeks, drawing a tiny, seven-pointed star in the corner of the paper.

Spoiler: message (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2013, 07:40:49 pm »

Spoiler: Translation (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2013, 04:07:03 pm »

[Bump & Speech here soon]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2013, 03:54:49 pm »

Meanwhile, near Denver....

A great shape rose into the night sky, from a cave, slowly ascending into the starry sky. Ziz, the Sky Wyvern, had risen from slumber.
"Another day spent slumbering, yet another day lost without worth. I must find a suitable subject. One who knows of what has happened since my hibernation that I was roused from so...suddenly."
The wyvern rose quietly, so nothing but the winds and birds felt and saw him take off.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2013, 04:01:41 pm »

Okay Raiders, although we have had time to grieve for our premature-ly fallen soldiers; but now is the time to act! We must procure ourselves some extra food by slaying some creatures in the jungles.
It also wouldn't hurt if some of you could clear some of the rubble in the collapsed section of the Facility to find some somewhat valuable weapons or hidden goodies.

Send people out to look for Fruits and Animals, send some people to clear the rubble in hopes of recovering equipment from our fallen
(Sorry took so long, forgot)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2013, 11:59:13 pm »

Turn Three

The Revolutionaries

Spoiler: Rawran's Raiders (click to show/hide)

People For The Safety of Beaches

Spoiler: D.E.T.H. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: the First Fleet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aniur Recedation (click to show/hide)

Draconic World Order

Spoiler: Kymore (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Golden Realms (click to show/hide)

In-Game Time That Will Pass Between This And The Next Turn: 1 Week
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 06:42:28 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2013, 12:00:25 am »

You're editing in the dragons?
Also, FCUK YEEEEEESSSS
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9