Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 181287 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Dun Dun Dun!!!
« Reply #1560 on: September 10, 2014, 11:27:27 am »

I see Bukkar has the glorious combination of "Vomits" and "No head."  Will there be incredible displays of vomiting neck-stumps in the future?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: September 10, 2014, 11:57:24 am »

Trust me, it'll be pretty !!FUN!! in the Einsteinian Roulette sense of the word
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: September 11, 2014, 01:42:08 am »

Brainephant? Cerebrephant? Sylvanna Why? Magephant?

I need those updates lawas. I need those updates and I need those brains.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: September 11, 2014, 03:46:44 am »

I see Bukkar has the glorious combination of "Vomits" and "No head."

Hmm, I wonder if I need to give him some sort of penalty to, say, long ranged missile combat, which seems the easiest thing to work out the ill effects of having no head for.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: September 11, 2014, 03:50:45 am »

I see Bukkar has the glorious combination of "Vomits" and "No head."

Hmm, I wonder if I need to give him some sort of penalty to, say, long ranged missile combat, which seems the easiest thing to work out the ill effects of having no head for.

Isn't vomiting Bukkar's only long-ranged missile attack right now? A more sensible penalty would probably be an inability to use that eye laser thing.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: September 11, 2014, 04:02:43 am »

Isn't vomiting Bukkar's only long-ranged missile attack right now?

Er. It might be.

A more sensible penalty would probably be an inability to use that eye laser thing.

Hmm. That sounds a bit harsh, although I can't fault your logic. Perhaps the lasers will have to shoot vertically out of his neck stump until he finds a replacement head.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: September 11, 2014, 04:53:58 am »

Turn One Hundred and Nineteen!

Level Three of the Temple of Sef

The six adventurers crowd round the door out of this silly trapped ninja-room, ignoring the dying occupants and the advances and nuzzles of their various new or exchanged companions. One adventurer looks at the others, the others look back with a meaningful nod, and the door is kicked in!

Sylvanna is first in; the rest stack up behind her, peering over her shoulders.

A large, square, and clearly sinister room opens up before them, lit by curious and probably evil purple glowing stones in the ceiling, which offset Sylvanna’s sickly pale skin in quite a lovely, she thinks, way. The first thing to note is, in the centre of the room, what looks like some kind of large, flat altar made of stone, hollowed out underneath as if to hold some kind of receptacle. The top of the altar is just above waist height, and a few stone steps lead up to it on the left.

On every wall hang strange and fearsome looking drapes and tapestries, depicting repulsive scenes of creatures and men and women, in which many of the creatures seem disturbingly anthropomorphised, and many of the men unhealthily hirsute.

Between the altar and the far wall, there is a long table, covered in a longer tablecloth and various implements, books, bowls, drinking glasses, and so forth. Behind this table sits a man, a fairly old looking man, dressed in what is very clearly meant to be an ominous robe, and as Sylvanna enters he rises unexcitedly to his feet. As he rises he turns to the man on his right – your left – and speaks.

”Hmm. They seem to have perverted the mind of Jack the Hippo. Well. Nigel, perhaps they are stronger than I imagined…. Or merely more perverted. Anyway, we must stop them at all costs, and use them if we can! Hahahahahahahahahahahahah!”

His laugh seems unnecessarily over the top, and after about 20 seconds of it even he seems to notice this, and turns back to face Sylvanna and the other adventurers.

”You will pay for your meddling, fools! Nirila should have had you thrown into jail and eaten you alive! No doubt something led him astray. Or somethings,” he muses, staring past Sylvanna at Lady Foxglove.

He pulls his hands from the depths of his robes, and flashes them towards both walls at once, whereupon five vicious looking sheep appear out of nowhere on each side, and immediately bare their teeth and baa menacingly at the intruders.

”Attack, faithful sheep! Attack! And you, Nigel, you idiot, warn Nirila at once!”

The ovinomancer raises his hands once more, this time at the party.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

((edit because I meant both sides, hence his waving his arms at both walls))
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:25:36 am by lawastooshort »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.119
« Reply #1567 on: September 11, 2014, 05:20:18 am »

"How very odd. Let us put as quick an end as possible to this."

Sprint of Fury + Gauntlet. Run past seven of the enemy individuals, first the five sheep, then Nigel and the ovinomancer, unless there is a more spatially probable solution. This would ostensibly cost me all my MP, but that's not that much of a problem, in all likelihood.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:38:52 am by Harry Baldman »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: September 11, 2014, 05:24:19 am »

((Bother! I meant five sheep on each side of the room, so ten in total))

((I'll just put this here for future reference OH GOODNESS IO has ninjaed me))

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:42:26 am by lawastooshort »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: September 11, 2014, 05:30:28 am »

"LET THE SHEARING BEGIN!" Sylvanna cackled dramatically, apparently following the sheepmage's lead.

Whistle for Eric, the tax collector thing which I'm certain the GM didn't forget about until just now because that's certainly not what I did.

Then chop things with my shield while my various pets and companions gnaw upon those same or other things, starting with the weakest foes and moving on up if those have already been disposed of.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: September 11, 2014, 08:01:21 am »

Did you ever decide if we do or do not regenerate MP on a turn we use some?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 11, 2014, 08:25:08 am »

No, I didn't. Let's say yes, why not, unless anyone objects. It stands to reason that a wizard who can fly by magic could fly indefinitely as long as they didn't start fighting, bleeding, burning or sleeping, no?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: September 11, 2014, 08:29:19 am »

((I'd add to that argument that flight should remain undisrupted unless the source of said flight is interrupted/disrupted--fighting//bleeding//burning//sleeping are all signs of said disruption :P

Also I'm loving this, thus far.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 11, 2014, 08:34:53 am »

((Fair 'nuff.  Ironically, I decided to not use a spell at all!))

Time to give this wand a shot.

"Hey sheepfecker, check this!  Droney, you know what to do!"

Burny-Nakedy-Vomity Wand the Ovinomancer!  Dronebongo, go eat the feet of that Nigel fellow!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: September 11, 2014, 11:25:04 am »

I JUST THOUGH OF A POWER EXPLOIT, ASSHOLES! YOUR HIPPO COST ME MY HEAD! NOW I'LL TAKE YOURS! ROÑARDO! TOSS!

Have Roñardo toss me in my barrel into the middle of the enemy crowd. Brace on the inside of the barrel and activate Whirlwind Rage, hopefully doing damage with my bling spikes as well.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 118