Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 180694 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.120b
« Reply #1635 on: October 24, 2014, 02:59:28 pm »

Oh yeah, his ghost could totally be cussing us all out, forever shackled to his favorite barrel and fourth-favorite Mexican peasant...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: October 27, 2014, 04:19:46 pm »

Oh no, the swearing was kind of the very first thing after the chapter title... it's not much of a spoiler. Sorry, is. Maybe we could start a new game called Roll to Talk About Maybe Roll to Dungeon Quest?

I think I should formally request that ANYONE who sees me post a "ooh, I might..." on another 3.5e game on the FG&R forum should prevent me continuing in the strongest possible terms (unless it is a game run by Dwarmin in which case I want in in the strongest possible terms) so that I stop finding excuses to not update. I can't do much about family and work but I can certainly stop trying to create midgets.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: October 27, 2014, 04:55:11 pm »

but I can certainly stop trying to create midgets.
Can you, though? Can you?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: October 28, 2014, 02:44:38 am »

Oh no, the swearing was kind of the very first thing after the chapter title... it's not much of a spoiler. Sorry, is. Maybe we could start a new game called Roll to Talk About Maybe Roll to Dungeon Quest?

I think I should formally request that ANYONE who sees me post a "ooh, I might..." on another 3.5e game on the FG&R forum should prevent me continuing in the strongest possible terms (unless it is a game run by Dwarmin in which case I want in in the strongest possible terms) so that I stop finding excuses to not update. I can't do much about family and work but I can certainly stop trying to create midgets.
Update update update~ :D
If you want, I can be all formal and grumpy.
* Tiruin proposes a bonding treaty: Let's keep updating together.
I'm being silly :v

But really: Update this. This is awesome game.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: October 28, 2014, 09:57:16 am »

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - oh goodness it's chapter 1.121
« Reply #1640 on: November 03, 2014, 04:55:18 pm »

Turn One Hundred and Twenty One?

Level Three of the Temple of Sef

FOR FUCK'S SAKE TACKOV I AM GOING TO TRAMPLE YOUR ANCESTRAL LANDS UNDER MY ARSE. SOMEONE GET ME A HEALING POTION THING.

BUKKAR IS DISPLEASED.

PERHAPS THIS IS BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN DYING FOR ABOUT A MONTH.

(update – two months? Sorry guys. I feel like I am physically a bad person. It actually took me about 3 weeks to get from the line above to this line)

Turn that sheep I cut in half into a construct of some sort as a free action, as promised by one of my overpowered traits!

Meanwhile, Felony… er… Eb… er... Sylvanna! Sylvanna grabs the nearest half sheep, collects all sorts of limbs that happen to be lying around – sheep limbs, for the most part, actually, entirely sheep limbs, and, whilst people run around and bleed and burn and suchlike, sticks aforementioned limbs to aforementioned sheeprear and creates… a HIDEOUS SHEEPASS GOLEM! Blame Tackov. But, you know, Felony might be a good name for a female character. Felony Jackson, Private Detective.

Anyway, a foul-smelling woolly octoped with no head nor ears nor eyes, the golem seems to stare balefully at Sylvnna, standing to attention and ready to smite the Felonious One’s foes.

But instead of commanding, Sylvanna realises that merely two golems is not enough, so she grabs the sheep’s head, and some burnt bits of gut, and just sort of creates a ball of burnt grolly, which is quite upsetting.

Sheepass Golem
Name: Sylvanna the Felonious’ Sheepass Golem
Class: 9 Part Sheepass Golem
Health: [HP: 40/40HP]
Abilities: One Backside, Eight Legs. No head, so max 2 command words per turn.

Free-action fashion an invisible ashgut sheephead golem as well! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Then examine the table and its contents.

Despite her emotional trauma, Sylvanna manages to inspect the table quite successfully. It seems to be made of slabs of granite slotted together and held in place by smallish pieces of metal with an indented hexagonal design crafted upon them. She wonders if this is of any significance.

Appeal to teammates' sense of generosity. Quaff healings.

This actually happens here, after rolling for initiative, but what happens to Bukkar is entirely dependent on his comrades – if the combat finishes, he recovers, bosh. If it doesn't, well, I think there's only one healing potion?

And two sets of bleeding.

Action: Find that invisible head! If successful, play hackey sack with him until he gives up plot details. Get him to turn Bukkar into a sheep, too.

Also, make sure bukkar gets a healy potion from me, however, ideally before he dies

In any case, just before he dies a bit more, Lady Foxglove throws a healing potion to Bukkar, who quaffs it right down without a problem as Foxy starts poking the corners of the room with her foot, trying to find an invisible head. One bleeding deathwound down, one to go.

...Suddenly there's a scream of anger and a cry of pain, and where there was once an attractive young (ish) lady adventurer throttling an invisible head to death, there is instead an attractive young (presumably) lady sheep throttling an invisible head to death.

”Crikey!” cries Tackov, poking his head round the door.

”Baa!” replies Lady Foxglove.

Lady Foxglove kicks a lifeless invisible head across the room, sadly bereft of plot details. Which is a shame, she reasons, because there must have been some to reveal by now. She cheers up momentarily as she realises that detransforming her from a sheep is probably a plot hook or similar, but then very very quickly remembers that she is a sheep.

Still, there's no possible way that this could last.

It's probably down to the evil energy generated by the field of arcane... necrostuff. That she senses nearby. Approximately down a floor, and then along a long corridor, and then up a floor or two. That's probably it?

Slash at Nigel... again. Use my axe right-handedly while I pursue him.

Init:12

Quote from: Nigel
No way dude

Init:1

Command the Dronebongo to eat the neck of Nigel.  The jerk.  Bukkar can have his head.

”Baa!” shouts Lady Foxglove, escaping from the room and chasing after Nigel the Rogue Accountant/Bodyguard, and just about catching up with Gervedder the Messenger (when Sylvanna has been in the group for more than 6 months I will not just remember her name, but know it forever, like I do Gervedder et al – the only real problem I have is with Tackov, who I sometimes get confused with Larry, and very occasionally want to call Davy. I don't even mentally call light blue “Dwarmin Blue” anymore, but Foxglove Blue)

...Foxglove is just in time to see Gervedder slash right through Nigel's spine and into his guts, setting them quite on fire, which adds to his other fire, and other bleeding, and with a dramatic arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg, I... have... failed..., Nigel collapses dead to the floor, whereupon a living deathtambourine starts chewing his neck off.

In the other room, Bukkar suddenly stops bleeding, and, a second ago at death's door, feels happy! But he's got no eyes, so doesn't see when a large tambourine, wagging its imaginary tail like an excited puppy, brings him Nigel's fully functional head.

Search for loot?

...Rejoicing at Bukkar's recovery, Chink decides to search for loot? In a small pine cupboard a few feet behind the stone table he finds a sword, and a potion.

If there's healing around, take a sip

There isn’t, sorry.

"Well, he is probably more useful alive then dead, isn't he? On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that he can easily be replaced, as chances are that we'll find another conveniently leveled fellow if we lose him, right?"

Magic Healing Potion Carpet Go! Don't stop looting, though.

Oh but there might be!

...Oh, no, actually. Sorry.

PARTY CHOICE TIME:

1/ Continue immediately?
2/ Rest to full health and mana and then continue immediately?
3/ Something I haven't thought of?

If 1 or 2, then where (I am happy to give plot-related suggestions such as the next level down of the dungeon, or storming the castle for the less subtle types). If 3, what?

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

edit: sorry about the wait everyone. I could have slightly helped it, but I really do have a lot on. I'll try to add some exciting plot denouements to make up for it! Although not just now, I'm away for two days.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 04:57:45 pm by lawastooshort »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - oh goodness it's chapter 1.121
« Reply #1641 on: November 03, 2014, 05:32:02 pm »

(update – two months? Sorry guys. I feel like I am physically a bad person. It actually took me about 3 weeks to get from the line above to this line)
DAMN IT LAWAS STOP EMULATING ME

Also Felony is totally the name of a character I'd play.

My vote is for moving on to the second level of the dungeon to harness the fell power which dwells beneath cure Lady Foxglove. I say we go immediately because I lose nothing by doing so, but presumably my badly mauled allies will want to set up camp first.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: November 03, 2014, 05:46:39 pm »

Lady Sheepswool baa'd imperiously, then began cursing in sheep tongue. She also began butting Gervedder in the leg, for no apparent reason.

"Baaa BAA ba..BAA baa BAAAAA!"

She doubted anyone was paying attention-she was an Ewe! Lady supposed no one could understand her truly awful, terrible language uttered at that moment. No doubt a coup to the censors.

Then, she realized the transformation has not affected her stats at all!

She could be the prettiest Adventurer-Sheep there ever was! She decided she'd soon begin practicing how to wield a sword in her mouth...

PARTY CHOICE TIME:

1/ Continue immediately?
2/ Rest to full health and mana and then continue immediately?
3/ Something I haven't thought of?

Lady Sheepswool taps her hoof twice. Being a Sheep was alright for awhile, and Bukkar was about to explode into gibs from a single point of damage-a stray gust of wind, a falling leaf, a certain Sheep nuzzling his ankle...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 06:38:48 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: November 03, 2014, 06:55:25 pm »

Examine the potion and the sword for any sorts of special properties, then rest.

(2)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: November 04, 2014, 12:14:19 am »

Also flail around and eventually hold Nigel's head to my stump after I find it via flailing. ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL of his head if it resists for some reason.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: November 04, 2014, 04:00:46 am »

Examine the potion and the sword for any sorts of special properties, then rest.

Whiz examines the potion and the sword whilst the party start to wait, and whist Bukkar flails around blindly looking for Nigel’s head. Whiz deduces that the potion is a potion of Holy Mental Fireballs, and a quick lore check reveals that the Sword is a +1 Sword of Aaaaargh – a sword from the well-known barbarian tribes of the far eastern deserts, a sword enchanted to add deadliness to one’s charges, but at the cost of defensive skill.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: November 04, 2014, 05:34:18 am »

Also reassemble and fix anything fleshy (not enemies, mind you) that really needs fixing in the interim period with my not entirely supreme medical skills.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 09:30:16 am by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: November 04, 2014, 09:13:53 am »

Tackov eyed Sheepglove, then sniggered.  "Hey baaaaby.  That's a nice wool coat you have there!"

2 for consensus.  See if there is any more loot, because loot.  Dronebongo eats Nigel because a growing dronebongo needs protein.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: November 04, 2014, 09:18:35 am »

Tackov eyed Sheepglove, then sniggered.  "Hey baaaaby.  That's a nice wool coat you have there!"

"T-BAA-acky! BAA!" Sheepglove baa'd, butting him in the shin....with her cute, fluffy, woolen ears.

Damn.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: November 04, 2014, 10:02:13 am »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 118