Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118]

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 181281 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - 1.128
« Reply #1755 on: January 15, 2015, 02:52:43 pm »

Action: Drive out of this game
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - The End
« Reply #1756 on: January 17, 2015, 10:34:47 am »

It's not you - it's me.

I let this get silly and directionless, partly subconsciously, because I'm bored.

Not bored of the actual intended plot which would carry on till 2019, or (not in the slightest) bored of the excellent players and characters, but - and it's taken me about 15 months to be able to admit it to myself, and this has been my way of making me do so - bored of and demotivated by no longer having the time to produce regular, quality updates that keep things focused and moving.

Recently this had none of the above, so I would prefer to stop. The only point has ever been to please myself with what I've written, and to imagine that the other people who've contributed are also pleased with it.

Many thanks and apologies to everyone who's invested time in any of my games - you've given me countless hours of enjoyment and amusement.

Spoiler: PS (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.
« Reply #1757 on: January 17, 2015, 10:51:49 am »

Gervedder rolled a 5, and understood.

That's the happiest ending he could have hoped for at this point, really.

Anyway, shame it had to happen this way. Hope you obtain enough time at some point in the future, though, since it was an excellent game up until the point it stopped regularly updating.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: January 17, 2015, 10:53:17 am »

It's really sort of fitting.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: January 17, 2015, 03:15:24 pm »

Ah well. Hope you someday find the time to do things properly, by which I mean "taking the time you need to do things regularly and to your satisfaction," not "everybody is wearing pants and there are no goats in weird places for difficult to explain reasons."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: January 17, 2015, 04:53:48 pm »

Dying in Hell after exploding a bunch of people with a lighting fist for no discernible reason as well as being on fire is pretty much the best ending I could ask for.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: January 17, 2015, 07:48:46 pm »

While I'm sad to see it go, I can understand the motivation behind it.

We salute your GMing career!  I'll certainly be interested if you ever come back to the host side of things, and we certainly hope you stick around for the player side as well; everyone wants to know how Halesey the Potato Mage will carry on, for example.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: January 20, 2015, 10:45:38 am »

You know, It's sort of depressing that we spent all this time and never found any parts of the holy whatchamajoo. :P

We're all terrible players.

So bad our God abandoned us.

Fin

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: January 21, 2015, 07:02:07 am »

We'll be there to see ya return la :P This was a very satisfying read all throughout however.
...You did well. :)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: January 21, 2015, 05:48:40 pm »

You know, It's sort of depressing that we spent all this time and never found any parts of the holy whatchamajoo. :P

We're all terrible players.

So bad our God abandoned us.

Fin
But in the end, we found something even better: each other.

Wait that's terrible.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: January 21, 2015, 06:40:24 pm »

Wait this is over?

Literally none of you bastards ever died! God Damnit.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: January 21, 2015, 07:09:08 pm »

Bukkar tried. Oh, how Bukkar tried.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: January 21, 2015, 08:09:58 pm »

Bukkar tried. Oh, how Bukkar tried.
And in the end I succeeded!
But since that turn never ran it never happened HAHAHA MY TRACK RECORD OF IRRESPONSIBLE CHARACTERS ESCAPING THEIR CONSEQUENCES STRIKES AGAIN
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest
« Reply #1768 on: February 03, 2015, 05:46:22 pm »

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Dropping this and IRL stuff combined to make me not want to log on for a a couple of weeks.

Hopefully not GMing means I will have time to play (possibly more and/or better).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: February 03, 2015, 08:34:39 pm »

<3
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118]