Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 184709 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.115
« Reply #1485 on: June 26, 2014, 07:26:29 am »

Identify this sinister presence. What can I sense it with? What organ or organs am I using to determine its existence?

Closing his eyes and concentrating so hard he almost has to change his pants, Gervedder determines that…

”OH GODS, IT’S THE HAND! SYLVANNA’S HAND! FLEE!”

Ignoring the neat blue light for a second, Sylvanna looks curiously at her lovely creepy crawly hands, as if to say eh what, they are lovely, no, and then looks up perplexed as Gervedder runs in a randomly selected direction straight into the depths of the room until he reaches a line level with the frame of the door on the northern wall, runs blindly through a tripwire, and suddenly finds himself slipping downwards and southwards on a grease-covered slope as the entire section of floor between the door and the far wall tilts downwards ((if you see how I mean)).

He slides on his arse until he crashes into the wall, stuck in his own personal hard greasy ditch, and is attempting to get up when suddenly two shadowy figures leap down from the southeastern corner of the room, drawing zingy blades from behind their backs as they fall upon the arseridden messenger.

Automatically winning initiative, the ninjas attack!

Despite having the element of surprise, they don’t manage to hit Gervedder.

Grease Acquired! On the angled part of the floor (i.e. east of the westernmost side of the northern door), anything that moves must roll to avoid slipping on the grease and sliding on their arse towards the southern wall (2+ on d6).

Examine the chandelier. What's it lit by?

Almost at the same time as all the above happening, Sylvanna was looking very carefully at the chandelier. Are those candles? Or… mysterious and sinister orbs? It looks, from where she is, that they are indeed mysterious and sinister mini-orbs, with some kind of yellowish twin lights floating within them which somehow appear to not be in them, to be… distant, in some kind of way, so she moves slightly closer to gaze at the lovely lights, inching forwards on tippy toes until she is directly beneath it, at which point the chandelier comes crashing to the ground, underneath an enormous creature of some strange and hideous species!

Sylvanna throws herself nimbly out of the way, and manages to avoid the falling zombie hippopotamus nearly entirely!

But when she tries to crawl away before attracting its attention, she notices that her right foot appears to be somewhat underneath the aforementioned strange and hideous zombie hippo, and indeed somewhat stuck, and that she cannot actually crawl away, although she can probably avoid attracting its attention, as the awoken zombie hippo seems quite angry, and has just seen Sylvanna’s companions in the northwest doorway.

It roars what is probably not a friendly greeting, and charges forward!

Well, at least Sylvanna isn't stuck anymore!

Wound Acquired: Sylvanna the Felonious: Damaged Foot!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: June 26, 2014, 07:47:36 am »

"East of the... westernmost side of the... northern door? I am not terribly sure where I am, to be honest."

Run up the wall and leap out of this angled enclosure with the aid of my monstrously huge legs while swiping my axe in passing at one of these peasant fellows.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: June 26, 2014, 08:01:07 am »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: June 26, 2014, 08:05:13 am »

"Wait... it is becoming clearer to me now. Luckily, my course of action still appears to be entirely appropriate."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: June 26, 2014, 08:12:21 am »

Sylvanna scrambled to her feet, opened her mouth, raised her hand, shut her mouth, and lowered her hand.

Then her eyes lit up and she took off after the hippo.

Oh! Oh! I know! Ride the hippo! Ride the zombie hippo that definitely always works!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: June 26, 2014, 11:29:06 am »

Has the circle been trod upon? If not, throw my cork onto it. If it has, have Roñardo make a sales pitch on me, then punch anyone who comes close in the face.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: June 26, 2014, 11:37:39 am »

((No, it hasn't. How heavy is this cork?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: June 26, 2014, 12:01:53 pm »

((It says 'large cork', so as heavy as a large cork, I guess?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: June 26, 2014, 01:02:46 pm »

((I guess I'll have to come to a reasonable approximation using a complicated and realistic system of cork-weight modelling then!))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: June 26, 2014, 01:37:43 pm »

((I guess I'll have to come to a reasonable approximation using a complicated and realistic system of cork-weight modelling then!))

((With weights ranging from bottle cork to County Cork?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: June 26, 2014, 09:10:01 pm »

((That's quite the heavy Cork.))

"Let me show you what Magic can do for you."

Wind Blast II the hippo right into the grease, thus creating the Incredible Sliding Hippo that will no doubt smash our ninja friends and not our messenger friend.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: June 28, 2014, 11:27:22 pm »

((That's quite the heavy Cork.))

"Let me show you what Magic can do for you."

Wind Blast II the hippo right into the grease, thus creating the Incredible Sliding Hippo that will no doubt smash our ninja friends and not our messenger friend.
((And definitely not our beastmaster friend.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: July 03, 2014, 01:24:15 am »

Shoot a round of bolts at the hippo!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: July 05, 2014, 01:57:50 pm »

Lady Foxglove began the celebration as soon it became clear the world wasn't ending due to lack of divine interest!

"And here I was worried! Praise Ravena!" She said, pulling out her pole for a celebratory reboot dance.

"I'm coming messenger! Dungeon Ninjas are weak against Ravenhaired Crusaders!" She said, consulting her players handbook with one hand and drawing her Ravens Wingblade with the other. She had already read the rules for 'slippery ground penalties'.

Actions: Reboot dance! Then make with the chop chop on the Ninjas! Follow the big rear of zombie hippo! Do all these actions in one turn!

((OOC: Huh! Well. I might actually get my internet back real soon :P Working on it!))
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:03:25 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: July 05, 2014, 08:36:54 pm »

((Huzzah!))
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 118