Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 181246 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.116
« Reply #1515 on: July 22, 2014, 03:09:46 pm »

Careful, otherwise the hippo's gonna join in.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 22, 2014, 03:23:14 pm »

*leer leer*

"You're spinning around too Mr."Whirlwind Rage"!

I'll just decelerate my rotation to avoid directly facing you-my own Ego Sheltering Coriolis Effect!"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: August 02, 2014, 02:56:29 pm »

Meanwhile...

Despite her spinning, Lady Foxglove still managed to add onto her "adventure to-do" list.

-Establish self as leader
-Begin Party Rivalry *Ended with Rival Death.
-Begin Party Romance *No compatible members.
-Nail Sub-Villain before first act
-Finish Cave Level
-Defeat 1st boss, bandit chief, kobold king, etc
-Claim Really Cool Sword
-Claim Loyal Mount *Lord Magnificent replaced with Lord Squid
-Defeat Sub-Villain in battle, find the REAL villain manipulating him
-Rescue Bukkar into prison. You read that right. Into.
-Nail/Kill/Escape a very Large Dragon *Teenager dragons don't count. Noticed scales slouched down around their ankles!
-Escape a natural hazard-flood, hurricane, avalanche, etc.
-Find great but obviously fake treasure.
-Lose our party wizard at the worst possible time. *Tell Whiz to avoid narrow walkways.
-Engage in a riddle game.
-Cheat at the riddle game.
-Engage in some crossover with my brother. I think he's already started, the scamp.
-Defeat a load-bearing boss than escape from collapsing fortress.
-Disguise myself as a guard and sneak past security.  *Mercenary uniform already stolen!
-Time Travel. *Ugh.
-Drinking game with Dwarf/Dwarves. Must win!
-Team pretends to to be troupe of circus performers to distract enemies. *Battles usually go like this anyway!
-Beat Lava/water/forest/sky/cave levels.
-Find a mass of amazing yet obviously cursed treasure. Encourage Bukkar to get cursed, then politely take treasure.
-Collect all three magic plot tokens
-Battle Giant Sea Monster. Corollary to Big Ocean Journey.
-Shipwrecked on Island. Giant Monkeys and Dinosaurs likely.
-Eat a pecan pie. Yum.
-Sleeping potion, captured in dungeon. Previously whacky and ineffectual teammates band together to save me, Lady Foxglove, the most able adventurer of them.
-Massive overkills. *Needs lots more.
-Find an upgrade to my really cool sword.
-Meet My Goddess, whom I fleshed out really well. She hasn't even shown up in a prophetic dream!
-Be reacquainted with a character we met hundreds of turns ago at an unlikely time. Probably that annoying Hobbit sheriff.
-Hunt some Orcs. Really, where are the Orcs. The Orcs! They're an adventure staple!
-Polymorph fun. Go for bird. Try to avoid livestock. Too many implications. Amphibian acceptable as well.
-Shrinking fun. Don't get stepped on by Bukkar.
-Lose all three magic plot tokens due to betrayal. Reveal the ULTIMATE REAL VILLAIN.
-Meet our mirror universe doubles-fight/nail/communicate. Maybe Evil twins, unless we are the evil ones.
-Reclaim all three magic plot tokens from final lair
-Pretend to be turncoat Villainess, get in free sneak attack.
-Defeat the final boss.
-Interrupting final boss banter with groin kick.
-Defeat the final bosses REAL form.
-Pretend to die, but not really. I was just being cool there.
-Escape from collapsing reality. I hope not, though.
-Find out the wizard who sent us on this quest is the TRULY ULTIMATE REAL VILLAIN.
-Defeat the TRULY ULTIMATE REAL VILLIAN. And his TRUE form.
-Find Immortality
-Towel off, shower.
-Find out you were never really searching for Immortality, but friendship-what you were looking for you had with you the whole time.
-Bring Medha back to life

"...hey, who put this last one here?"
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:58:36 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.117
« Reply #1518 on: August 14, 2014, 02:40:48 pm »

Turn One Hundred and Seventeen

The Temple of Sef...

Charge at the star-throwing ninja and chop him into flaming bits.

So, eventually, Gervedder realises that there is a ninja throwing ninja throwing stars in Whiz’s face, and charges at him. He rolls a 6, which is pretty awesome – but so does the ninja! Impressed at his foe’s awesomeness, and sensing the mutual respect between warriors, Gervedder realises there is nothing left to do but call upon his power of flame, and his axe sets the ninja on fire with the power of his mind!

So he kind of at least chops him into one flaming bit, which is pretty sweet, really.

Flames Acquired: Ninja Number One: Heavy Burning!

The ninja, torn between continuing to make Whiz’s face bleed, or turning to fight this new and awesome if not yet deadly enemy, can’t work out what is most likely – facing the immediate threat, or sacrificing his life for the greater good and concentrating his attacks, so in the end he swivels on his heels and throws a volley of ninja stars at Gervedder’s face. But Gervedder is awesome, and smacks the ninja stars out of the air with his bare fist, sending them flying into the ninja’s chest! Bleeding trickles out! The ninja tumbles forwards, silently but dramatically dying!

Action: Do a pole twirling dervish sword dance on the Hippo!

Declaring that enough staring – and it is unclear if she is directing this at herself, staring at the hippo’s arse, or at Gervedder (actually I've a feeling I mean Tackov, and probably Bukkar too, and possibly Whiz – probably all the occupants of the room, in fact, except Gervedder), staring at hers, had been done, Lady Foxglove gratuitously acts. Swishing her hair about, she twirls herself sultrily around her pole, jiggling herself about in a suggestive manner, and getting into really quite a speedy and suggestive twirl when suddenly she stops dead, her sword stuck in the hippo’s shoulder blade. The hippo, who had been quite entranced, turns to stare at her mournfully and lets out a forlorn but clearly severely lovestruck moan.

He trundles over to Lady Foxglove and tries to nuzzle up against her thigh.

Whirlwind Rage!

Being Angry and protective of his foul barrel, Bukkar has no choice but to indiscriminately attack everyone in, and not even in, sight, no, wait, everyone in range, which is basically Bukkar’s side of the room, twenty feet turning out to be quite far and possibly not very well thought out as a skill.

Whirling like Foxglove, Bukkar pulls out his fists and flings himself about the room – comrades, hippos, and all – smashing every last one in the face. Or rather, attempting to: he misses both Lady Foxglove and her latest lover, and Gervedder, and the two nearest ninjas, one of whom I think is dead now anyway and the other one of which is about to burn to death at the end of the turn. But! Alas! He doesn’t miss his comrade Whiz, whose guts he batters in with a hearty blow!

Mightily alarmed, Tackov doesn’t hold his punches when Bukkar tries to smash his head to pieces, and taking advantage of an unfortunate wobble by the vomitmonk he gives him a violent slap on the cheek, which doesn’t actually even sting, and merely enrages Bukkar slightly more, leading to another incompetent attempt to smash Tackov’s head to pieces. This time Tackov is really pissed, so he gives Bukkar a slap on the other cheek!

Having watched all this nonsense rather closely, and not approved of Bukkar’s attempt to smack up her special hippo friend, Lady Foxglove decides to use her free counterattack to teach him a lesson: a lesson in how to miss!

Bukkar laughs to himself, and smacks – at least it looks like a smack, and not anything worse, like, say, a fondle – Lady Foxglove in the upper torso kind of area, but her chest armour deflects the inappropriate fondle strike!

Wound Acquired: Whiz the Whiznificent: Massive Gut Damage!

Quote from: ninjas
Continue to mercilessly attack!

The few remaining – two living, and one living but burning, if I remember right, it’s not very clearly documented, really – ninjas continue to mercilessly attack the adventurers!

The burning one selects Bukkar as the most dangerous foe, although it’s not obvious who he is most dangerous to, and immediately leaps through the air at him, burning guts first, hoping to smash the drunken fiend’s head off with his flaming intestines!

One minute Bukkar’s head is on his neck, whirling about in a rage, and the next minute it’s on the floor! And flames are on his neck instead! And there’s a bunch of blood coming out of both!

With a deadly grin the burning gut ninja burns to death!

Wound Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Severed Head!

Wound Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Burning Neck Stump!

NO HEAD! OVERDRIVE MODE ENTERED: BUKKAR CRANGROM!

Impressed by their brother-in-arm’s amazing death-gut-torpedo sacrifice, the two remaining ninjas on the other side of the room rush into combat, dashing across the greasy floor without any problems and hurling themselves at Gervedder, and slashing at him with their ninja swords to so little effect that the Messenger of Death merely turns and disdainfully chops one of them to a single burning piece. A single burning and bleeding piece.

Drink a Minor Health Potion, put a shield up, annd shoot another round of bolts at the angry, angry hippo.

Whilst all this is going on, Whiz stops being smashed in the guts by his own comrade long enough to drink a Minor Health Potion AND put a shield up, AND shoot a pair of b- WAIT NO IS THAT TOO MUCH? Drinking, magicking, and dual wielding crossbows in the same turn? Top half of the dice says no: 2/d4. Ok, you can have one shot: it would hit, but the hippo dodges. Oh well. At least you stopped bleeding.

Self-extinguish.

DroneBongo:  What does Zombie Hippo taste like?

"Blimey!" realises Tackov, "I am on fire!". He takes immediate action, just about managing to pat out most of his flames, but still smouldering somewhere deep amongst his ample chest hair.

...Just then, Tackov notices his tambourine licking the zombie hippo's ankle.

Ride the hippo again! Or for the first time, I suppose!

Smelling the burning body hair, perhaps, or seeing the angry hungry zombie hippo nuzzling up against Lady Foxglove – her chief rival for title of hottest lady adventurer still living in this party – Sylvanna cries out.

"Nnnnnneeeevvvvveeeeeeeeeeer!"

She runs up behind the hippo on tip toes, back flips, and lands on its back, feet firmly around its midriff and hands firmly on its neck!

Sylvanna the Felonious is now riding Lady Foxglove’s zombie hippo lover!

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)

Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jack the Hippo (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

*gpkkhh*
*bubbling sounds*

Scoop up my head and hop into my barrel. Gesture to Roñardo to haul me away to safety! Oh, and extinguish my stump and hold my head to it.
Oh, and Roñardo, get me a health potion!

((Huh, this is the second time I've been beheaded in this palace.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Tackov considers the wisdom of using a Wind Blast to use Bukkar's head as a projectile.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Tackov considers the wisdom of using a Wind Blast to use Bukkar's head as a projectile.

((Can't hurt him anymore than a flaming headless body is already quite hurt - the head itself doesn't have hitpoints, yet, so it won't kill him. Unless you hit him with it.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((The two female adventurers are in a love triangle with a zombie hippo and a flaming ninja just ripped off someone's head with a flying guts-first dive, so they're now of course moving quickly to pick it back up and put it back on.

Another normal day in the Temple of Sef.))

Steal Jack from that hussie! She's already got a squid! TAME THAT HIPPO!

...or if that fails, TAME HER SQUID IN RETALIATION!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Sprint up the slope for a moment, then sprint back down with a Sprint of Fury, and chop one of the two ninjas into pieces. Both, if a single swing of the axe and the tranquility of my fury allows.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Smelling the burning body hair, perhaps, or seeing the angry hungry zombie hippo nuzzling up against Lady Foxglove – her chief rival for title of hottest lady adventurer still living in this party – Sylvanna cries out.

Lady Foxglove could feel a vaguely divine threat to her hotliness manifesting in the air. Since she felt drastically more connected now, she had to quickly reclaim her dominance from that felonious Medh...Sylvanna! It was clear the Hat Of Command had given her delusions of grandeur-all that power gone straight to her head. Nyuk nyuk nyuk! She chuckled internally, worried she was already undergoing bumpkinization.

Oh, well, time for ninja killing now-pecking order later...

"Ride on, Lord Hippo Zed!"

Action: Ride down upon the ninjas with zombie hippo bared!

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile

Shoot the ninjas!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

((How far has this considering got?))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: August 18, 2014, 05:10:00 am »

Name: Walt McSalsa
Class: Clueless Villager
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: August 18, 2014, 05:11:50 am »

Name: Walt McSalsa
Class: Clueless Villager

((Have added you to the waitlist. Good luck!))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: August 18, 2014, 12:04:11 pm »

Deciding that discretion is the better part of valor, Tackov resolves to simply finish extinguishing self.

DroneBongo will eat some delicious ninja.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 118