Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 180951 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - 1.124: Happy Week Before Christmas, Dwarmin!
« Reply #1695 on: December 18, 2014, 11:29:12 am »

((It's all good.  Nudity is healthy and natural anyway.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: December 18, 2014, 11:29:49 am »

((It's all good.  Nudity is healthy and natural anyway.))

((It is, yes))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: December 18, 2014, 11:48:17 am »

Appeal Lady Forxworth's rules lawyering! Use my drunken bar contacts to find a good defense lawyer of sorts.
Wait a minute...

"The fuck was I doing again?", Bukkar's head muses wherever it is.  Or maybe it got exploded or something. Oh no wait, I'm over here. "HEY BODY! I'M OVER HERE. YOU JACKDAGNIKLONGDONGSHITKICKER ASSBLIND KRANGKNUCKER!"

His body begins gesturing vigorously as it picks up the nearest person and walks forward.

Pick up the nearest uninjured person - or the sheep - and use them as a trap detection system while I use swearcholocation - echolocation via the sheer volume of my own cursing - to find me head.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: December 18, 2014, 12:14:47 pm »

* Toaster points downward
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: December 18, 2014, 12:27:52 pm »

((I remember when this was supposed to be lawas' serious RtD. I admit that intention was derailed starting from that small contest to see who'd go through the portal, but it's no less hilarious.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: December 18, 2014, 12:40:52 pm »

((Yeah, it got derailed about from the time when the flaming magma cow tried to kill everyone.))
Sig! Onol

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: December 18, 2014, 01:14:56 pm »

((So we were never really on a rail at all!

The track was a lie...))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: December 18, 2014, 01:19:27 pm »

((At least the act of summoning a cow was a specific, player-written action. I think the point arses started being broken/put on fire can count as the actual event horizon, and that happened during turn two.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: December 18, 2014, 01:28:09 pm »

((That means Bukkar is a black hole.
I am okay with this.))
Sig! Onol

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - 1.125
« Reply #1704 on: December 18, 2014, 04:26:33 pm »

Turn One Hundred and Twenty Five

Level Four of the Temple of Sef

"Ah. I realize that you are confused, Tackov, but would you please let me lead the way? As demonstrated, there could be all manner of traps ahead."

Extinguish Tackov's burning hair if at all possible, then place him in an inconspicuous location where God's unlikely to see him. Arrange him in a compromising enough position that God's unlikely to want to look at him as well.

Seeing the naked burning Tackov before him, Gervedder remembers his fire marshal training, and attempts to smother the flames. He leaps onto Tackov’s head! Unfortunately the sudden gust of wind this creates merely spreads the flames further, and soon Gervedder himself is ablaze, all of his clothing alight with a fierce burning, which is indeed so fierce it burns itself out before he suffers a great deal of fire damage. Tackov's hair burns itself out too, and he becomes entirely bald, and thus slightly less of a fire hazard.

One Tackov-problem dealt with, Gervedder addresses the next: the likelihood of God smiting the eejit mage down with lightning as punishment for his many and filthy sins. The only thing that seems reasonable is to strap the naked man to his back with some nearby rope and head at great speed away from God, hoping that the full frontal nakedness on display behind Gervedder (and, indeed, in front of him, depending on whose full frontal nakedness you might wish to see) disrupts His pursuit.

Extinguish the headflame!  Don the bodyrobe!

His headflame already thankfully burnt out, Tackov realises he is tied to a naked messenger's back, and is also entirely naked himself, again. He is just about to whip his bodyrobe out of his inventory and fashion it into a crude loincloth when Gervedder cries out that he must remain naked to repel God's vengeance so, not wanting to lose his precious bodyrobe, he quite logically throws it over Gervedder's head and begins making it fast.

Alas! For Gervedder is currently running naked down a trapped stone corridor wielding a burning axe and a formerly burning nudist; and he is also blinded by Tackov's loincloth.

Yet he fails to see how this could possibly go wrong, and sprints heroically forth.

Action: Rules lawyer! Piercealgroining headbutt is technically a missile attack, and Lady Foxglove dodges the first missile hit on every turn!

Also, complain to the deity! Loudly! Baa!

”Baa!” bleats Lady Foxbaa, presumably to God, or the GM, it’s not clear.

”Baa!”

”NO IT BLOODY ISN’T. LOOK, HAVE ANOTHER ONE!”

Suddenly a groin materialises out of thin air and headbutts Lady Foxglove in the face, rather bruising it. She looks rather put out, as much as a sheep with a bruised face can.

”Baa.”

”WELL YOU ASKED FOR IT. A GROIN IS ONLY A MISSILE ATTACK IF SHOT OR HURLED. BUT ANYWAY. I LIKE YOU, FOXGLOVE. NO, NOT LIKE THAT. NOT INTO SHEEP. BUT I DO, SO I WILL PERMIT YOU TO HAVE YOUR SAY.”

”Baa! Baa baa baa baa: baa baa!”

”VERY WELL. I SHALL GRANT YOU YOUR MANIFOLD REQUESTS. YOUR WOOL SHALL GLOW LIKE THE MORNING SUN, AND YOU MAY HAVE YOUR HAIR BACK, TOO. IN SEVERAL WEEKS AN EXCEPTIONALLY BOUNTIFUL HARVEST SHALL DRAMATICALLY LOWER THE PRICE OF GREEN TEA IN CHIANA. BUKKAR SHALL BE SMITTEN BY TRAGIC INCOMPETENCE FOR THE REST OF THE DAY AND I SHALL STRIVE TO REMEMBER HIS HIDEOUS DISEASES. I SHALL LET YOU ATTAIN IMMORTALITY OR FREEDOM FROM TAXES SHOULD YOU REACH SUFFICIENT HEROHOOD. YOU SHALL MEET A TALL DARK AND HANDSOME STRANGER WHO MAY WELL FEEL PHYSICALLY ATTRACTED TO YOU. I AM NOT SURE ABOUT BEING ABLE TO MAKE MORE THINGS HAPPEN MORE FREQUENTLY; I AM ONLY OMNIPOTENT. ANYTHING ELSE WHISLT I’M AT IT?”

Just then Lady Foxglove’s wool begins to glow, like the morning sun rising over the misty hills of Salop on a clear winter’s day; just as suddenly her sheep’s head sprouts a great quantity of black and silky and perfectly coiffed hair, and Bukkar, hitherto standing completely still in fuming wonder, trips over his own feet, and crumples to the floor, like an eejit.

Appeal Lady Forxworth's rules lawyering! Use my drunken bar contacts to find a good defense lawyer of sorts.
Wait a minute...

Pick up the nearest uninjured person - or the sheep - and use them as a trap detection system while I use swearcholocation - echolocation via the sheer volume of my own cursing - to find me head.

"God?" says Bukkar, warming up into a right frenzy of lawyerness.

”YES?”

"It's not bloody fair. I hit that woman fair and square in the face with my gro-"

”INDEED. THAT IS WHY I HEADBUTTED HER WITH A SECOND GROIN, FOR HER PETULANCE. WHICH REMINDS ME.”

...Suddenly a groin materialises out of thin air, and headbutts Bukkar in the face!

”DON'T BLOODY WELL DO IT AGAIN.”

But Bukkar pays no heed to God's warning, for he is busily off searching for his head, last seen rolling down the trapped stone corridor towards the makeshift burning nudist colony. He picks up Whiz by the waist, and holds him horizontally, much like one might perhaps use a ten foot long pole, and, beginning to swear profusely, pokes the ground and the walls and the ceiling with the wizard as he slowly approaches Gervedder and Tackov.

Bukkar swears. He swears and he swears like a sacrilegious representation of a drunken angry priest might well, and as his swearing grows greater in volume, the entire length of corridor is filled with the most distressing cacophony of echoing vulgarity, words that would make even a sailor's uncle blush.

But it seems to work!

Before getting as far as Gervedder and Tackov, Whiz calls out in the affirmative: he has indeed come face to face with Bukkar's head! ...Overwhelmed with what passes for joy, Bukkar flings Whiz in the air, bouncing him off the ceiling and sending him crashing to the floor, before picking his head up lovingly, and suddenly bursting into flames!

He'd totally forgotten about his hideous disease! The shock of suddenly burning is quite a shock: he drops the head again, and it rolls off with even greater speed, down the stony corridor!

Luckily it too is afflicted with the Burning, so it is at least quite easy to make out if you have eyes.

Current Marching Order:
Bukkar's head; Gervedder; Tackov; Whiz; Bukkar; Lady Foxglove; Sylvanna.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:50:41 pm by lawastooshort »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - 1.124
« Reply #1705 on: December 18, 2014, 06:25:45 pm »

((This whole turn has just been... I mean... pretty much everyone is on fire, naked, and/or being used as an object. Literally everyone is doing silly things on top of that.))

"Hello? Who's there? Stop what? Is it the pilfering! I WILL NEVER STOP THE PILFERING!"

”HELLO!” says the Voice of God, ”THIS IS GOD SPEAKING. I AM WATCHING YOU, SYLVANNA. THOU SHALT NOT PILFER, I BELIEVE SOMEONE SAID ONCE. DOST THOU CONFESS TO PILFERING?”
"Yes!" shouted Sylvanna cheerfully, apparently not quite catching on that that was a bad thing. "Are you here to help me pilfer things?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - 1.125
« Reply #1706 on: December 18, 2014, 08:45:42 pm »

"Crikey!  I say!"

Be towed.  Attempt to cover baldness with a Dronebongo toupee.  Make sure it has something to eat.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: December 19, 2014, 02:24:44 am »

Stop.

Use Tackov's rag thing that's blinding me to cover myself up. Seems like a reasonable enough idea at the moment.

Then watch out for traps.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: December 19, 2014, 03:17:38 pm »

ANYTHING ELSE WHISLT I’M AT IT?

This was more like it! She had to more specific, though-Gods were sort of clueless, really, when it came to mortal matter.

Action: Can I get my own human body to go with the human hair, minus the wool? Preferably a body a few years younger, a few meaning four years exactly.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:27:21 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: December 19, 2014, 03:22:00 pm »

Careful what you ask for, lest you become Babyglove.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 118