Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: The People's Weapon Design Bureau: Нет электромагнитные пушки животны  (Read 24609 times)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Today is the first day of your new job. Certainly one you never expected you would ever have before the revolution. Perhaps it is time to explain.

A month ago, tensions had risen in the small island nation of Forenia. Situated directly inside the Black Sea, it was under the pull of many different nations. Turkey, newly liberated Russia and Romania were particularly so. The nation was a monarchy, and an oppressive one. The working class were poor, mostly farmers. The aristocracy had their coffers stuffed with the taxes, and were living the high life. But the peasants were not happy. Shootings were common as the army enforced the law with an iron fist. But, a small communist movement grew and grew. Armaments were smuggled in by the USSR, along with military staff and other equipment. Food was stockpiled, and soon they were ready. War started a week ago. It ended 2 days ago. The war was over as former military turned into revolutionaries. The palace was stormed, and the rulers killed. The country was free. A glorious new government was established, with the leaders being former revolutionary leaders. And so to you. You were chosen for your new position as you were a talented factory worker. Your job now was as the head of the Military Design Bureau, the new group in charge of all military development. Ships, Guns, even the exciting new worlds of aircraft and tanks. You are only in charge of a small group of engineers and factories, but in time, that will grow. You arrive at the small, red brick building that marks your office, and read the documents on your desk.
Spoiler: Активы (click to show/hide)

Year 1: 1925
So now is the first year of your work. The army has requisitioned you for a number of things:
So, what are your orders for this year?
Spoiler: Разъяснения (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:33:32 am by kingfisher1112 »
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
Re: The People's Weapon Design Bureau: Предложение игры
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 08:53:08 am »

Name (of the weapon): SVA-25
Number Of Engineers: 5 Novice Engineers
Workspace: 5
What It Is: Automatic Rifle
Cartridge: 7.62x54mmR (same as Mosin-Nagant)
Firing Method: Recoil operation
Magazine Size: 25 rounds of ammunition
Sights: Fixed blade (front sight), adjustable notch (rear sight)

Have 2 engineers look at a Maxim gun for the recoil operation method, and see if they can adapt a Maxim's mechanism for a hand-held rifle. This firing mechanism would make the rifle useless with a bayonet, but it can put much more lead downrange than a bolt-action Mosin-Nagant.

When a prototype is completed, set up a clamp to hold the prototype rifle, tie a string to the trigger, and have 1 engineer stand about 5 meters behind the weapon (this should keep the engineer relatively uninjured should the prototype happen to explode when firing)

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 09:19:36 am »

Name : Gunship.
Number of entineers : 5
Workspace : 8
What it is : A cruiser sized ship with 12 AA guns mounted on it with rotating fields of fire and adjustable elevation.

Name : AIA anti infantry artillery
Number of engineers : 3
Workspace : 7
What it is : A large 4 man cannon firing a variety of 200 mm shells. (( Think howitzer only bigger and with a variety of shells from solid to explosive.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:36:45 am by Brood »

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 09:22:19 am »

What it is : A cruiser sized ship with 12 AA guns mounted on it with rotating fields of fire and adjustable elevation.

What it is : A large 4 man cannon firing a variety of 200 mm shells, electronicly controlled. (( Think howitzer only bigger and with a variety of shells from solid to explosive.

Umm, electronically controlled?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 09:24:10 am »

Have 2 engineers look at a Maxim gun for the recoil operation method, and see if they can adapt a Maxim's mechanism for a hand-held rifle. This firing mechanism would make the rifle useless with a bayonet, but it can put much more lead downrange than a bolt-action Mosin-Nagant.

When a prototype is completed, set up a clamp to hold the prototype rifle, tie a string to the trigger, and have 1 engineer stand about 5 meters behind the weapon (this should keep the engineer relatively uninjured should the prototype happen to explode when firing)

I really like the idea of an automatic squad wapon! Imagine the possibilities of having a portable machine gun for assaults? But our bureau is small comrade and we need a cheap and reliable replacement that will be easy to mass produce. Perhaps we should try for a copy of the Russian Mosin instead?

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 09:24:31 am »

Make it a 20 round mag, would save space and keep the weapon from becoming ungainly. There's a reason real militaries usually don't use high-caliber box mags with more than 20 rounds.

What it is : A large 4 man cannon firing a variety of 200 mm shells, electronicly controlled. (( Think howitzer only bigger and with a variety of shells from solid to explosive.

This is 1925, bro.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 09:31:13 am »

(( ..... I know, I'm trying to invent electronic firing systems a few years early. ))

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 09:34:15 am »

(( ..... I know, I'm trying to invent electronic firing systems a few years early. ))
You're looking at 40+ years of earliness. No.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 09:37:42 am »

(( Was worth a try, removed the electronic bit. ))

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 10:55:54 am »

You ordered your comrades, and it was time to get to work. The first project? The SVA-25. A revolutionary weapon, providing automatic fire support for squads. It was now going into the prototype stage.
Prototype Name: SVA-25
Points Available: 10
Damage: 4 ( +4 from cartridge.)
Accuracy: 3 (+3 from sights)
Perks Available:
Reliable: ( 2 Points )
Cheap: ( 3 Points )
Long-Range: ( 3-Points)
( Points are added into the seperate categories. Adding stuff to damage and accuracy increases capabilities, while perks have unseen benefits.)
Next was the AIA gun.
Project Name: AIA Gun.
Points available: 6
Damage: 12
Accuracy: 8
Perks Available:
Gas: ( 4 Points)
Smoke: ( 2 Points )
Finally was the Gunship:
Name: Gunship
Size: 6
Armour: 3
Armament: 12 40mm Anti-Air guns. Damage 5, accuracy 40, size 0.25 ea.
( A ship requires a minimum of 5 engineers. Every 5 gives you a perk slot. New armaments must be developed separately.)
Perks:
Fast
Robust Frame
Large Ammo Capacity

It is the new year, and the government is eager to see the new weapons. By next year you will have developed these new weapons into real world examples.
The government also announces it's new University. You can send one engineer a year to get trained in a specialty.
It is a new year. What do you do?

Spoiler: Активы (click to show/hide)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 11:15:27 am »

So at this point we're voting on where to assign the points available? Or making more blueprints and assigning points?

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 11:19:45 am »

So at this point we're voting on where to assign the points available? Or making more blueprints and assigning points?
The second option.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 11:39:31 am »

The second option.

Okay!, so if I wanted to assign the full ten points on the SVA-25, I would have to assign 5 engineers? Or are those points already free to assign leaving the 5 engineers to make a new blueprint?

For the university do we choose the specialty, or is one randomly assigned? How specific should the specialty be - Infantry weapons/tanks/AT weapons?

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 11:42:13 am »

The second option.

Okay!, so if I wanted to assign the full ten points on the SVA-25, I would have to assign 5 engineers? Or are those points already free to assign leaving the 5 engineers to make a new blueprint?

For the university do we choose the specialty, or is one randomly assigned? How specific should the specialty be - Infantry weapons/tanks/AT weapons?
No, the points are free. No engineers are required past this point. And those specialties are chosen, and the ones you mentioned seem fine.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 11:46:50 am »

i'd say for the rifle:
All the perks + 2 accuracy.

for the gun:
gas and smoke

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25