Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Elite Liberal "Solicit Donations" Thread  (Read 13017 times)

tenmillimaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elite Liberal "Solicit Donations" Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 06:01:37 am »

Thanks also to Tenmillimaster, who requested monthly special events, giving assassinations and celebrity kidnappings as examples. Question: Are these specifically opportunities for you to take special actions? Like a celebrity might visit in a special event, and you can then crash the party and potentially kidnap them?

It was someone else's idea, first off, to add such events. They asked about when the game runs time specific code.

But yeah, I was thinking these would just be opportunities. Maybe you'd need a good sleeper to actually figure out where the Prez is going to be, because otherwise you're just guessing?

Crashing concerts would be so much fun, but crashing parties would be great.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 01:01:53 pm »

You oughtta pin this, it seems like a great idea. I'll probably donate as soon as I pick up my job this summer.

To be honest, before I donate some money to allow a guy to continue to live in his parents' house, I like to know about him. Feel free not to answer, I'll donate anyway, but it would be nice to answer.

*How old are you?
*Do you have a job?
*Do your parents charge you rent?
*Do you have a girlfriend?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 01:20:43 pm »

Well the answer to that last question is definitely no :P
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 03:18:49 pm »

*How old are you?
*Do you have a job?
*Do your parents charge you rent?
*Do you have a girlfriend?

An interview!

• I'm 26, which suggests the follow-up question of whether I went to college. I have a Bachelor of Science in Game Design from DigiPen Institute of Technology; I studied a blend of computer science, video game theory, mathematics, and art in college. I'm currently $24,000 in debt to the US Government for education loans.
  • I run a business under the name Jonathan S. Fox Games. You can see some of my past work through the link. It is not rich living; most of what I've made I've then paid out in commissions and payments to service providers or other developers I've worked with. But it is something I love to do, and I turned down a job offer to work as a full-time game designer to do it. If at any point it all falls through, I'll have to get a "real job". That's not McDonalds; I am fully qualified to work as an industry game developer, I have connections and references to back me up, and I get inquiries from recruiters every so often.
  • No, thankfully, or I wouldn't be able to do this. My standard of living greatly exceeds my income and, at least for the moment, the money I get goes a lot further than it does for most people. I pay for cohabitation with my parents by making life easier around the house, doing the shopping, and reporting on the performance of my venture in independent game development. My parents are "investors" in my business; they sponsor my housing and office space (I get two rooms of their house for this purpose), they bought most of the computer hardware I work on, they paid for a significant portion of my college education, and they have privileged access to my finances. I choose to allow them to have an incredible amount of power over my life, and they are concerned about my low income. What would really happen if I didn't get donations isn't that they'd kick me out; I wouldn't let it go that far. I would simply stop working on LCS until I had a more substantial income, whether from Zombie Survival Squad or from some other source.
  • No, but I have a boyfriend. We've been together for more than a year now.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 05:02:46 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 03:21:12 pm »

Perhaps the most important question of all:

Do you still have that amazing hair?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 03:24:35 pm »

Perhaps the most important question of all:

Do you still have that amazing hair?

I have long, straight, thick, dusty brown hair, that goes down several inches past my shoulders, and is a small nightmare to maintain. I also enjoy candlelight dinners and long walks on the beach!

Edit: Correction. I enjoy at-the-computer dinners and short walks on the beach.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 05:50:30 pm »

Is JSF your real name?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 05:54:27 pm by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 06:10:56 pm »

No, it isn't.  You can find his real name & photos of the impressive hair online without too much trouble.

Now can we for fae's sake quit invading Fox's privacy like some sort of intelligence community?

seth--

• Bay Watcher
  • We need a slogan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2013, 06:20:03 pm »

No, it isn't.  You can find his real name & photos of the impressive hair online without too much trouble.

Now can we for fae's sake quit invading Fox's privacy like some sort of intelligence community?
We need something to write about in The Liberal Guardian, it can't be all murders and robberies
I am confused are you saying you changed the kidnapping so it is less... Saw?
Did Saw consist of you beating them then yelling Ronald Reagan in their face?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2013, 07:22:53 pm »

We need something to write about in The Liberal Guardian, it can't be all murders and robberies

Ehh the Liberal Guardian is all politics anyhow. It is like Fox News on steroids except about how the conservatives are destroying the world rather then the liberals.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2013, 08:02:07 pm »

Is JSF your real name?

Sort of, but not the way you mean -- it's real because it's one of two names I use in real life, and not real because I'd need to truck a bunch of paperwork to the bank in order to reliably cash a check written out to that name. Jonathan Stickles Fox is an assumed name that is interchangeable with my legal name, even among family. The name on my bank account and passport is Jonathan David Stickles. (Edit: In case it isn't obvious, that isn't me, just an unfortunate Google result for my legal name.)

Ehh the Liberal Guardian is all politics anyhow. It is like Fox News on steroids except about how the conservatives are destroying the world rather then the liberals.

Sounds like The Huffington Post?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 03:59:14 am by Jonathan S. Fox »

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2013, 05:32:36 pm »

Is it okay if I continue to think of you as some sort of sentient fox typing away at a laptop in a forest?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 05:44:12 pm by Capital Fish »
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2013, 06:36:43 pm »

Is it okay if I continue to think of you as some sort of sentient fox typing away at a laptop in a forest?

My secret is out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2013, 06:42:48 pm »

Would be so cute if you took that picture and you have a pet fox.

Though they are quite a bit different then dogs and cats.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2013, 07:41:27 pm »

Would be so cute if you took that picture and you have a pet fox.

Though they are quite a bit different then dogs and cats.

My net sleuthing determined it to be the work of photographer and small business owner Rob Lee.
Pages: 1 [2] 3